GDT: @ Missouri State (9/24/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Best defensive line game in recent memory. There were other good things for sure, but that group had themselves a day!

It's going to be a quiet week for those in the fanbase that had already decided that "LUJAN SUCKS!!!". 477 yards put up against a top-5 team, with lots of new wrinkles.
    Lujan called a really good game as well.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      Now that was impressive! Big test past today! A dominant win over a very good team!

Defense is unreal! Gronowski was doing Gronowski things! Should have been a bigger win. Have to figure out FG situation.

Hey, give a game ball to Lujan! They called an excellent game!

Guess what Jacks fans? We do have an outstanding football team!

SUPERBUNNY
      Lujan and Rogers called excellent games, with a couple rare exceptions.

Perfect time to have 'Necks at home prior to a couple rivalry games.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Lujan and Rogers called excellent games, with a couple rare exceptions.

Perfect time to have 'Necks at home prior to a couple rivalry games.
        Hopefully we come out and dominate from start to finish. No trap games!

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          Our short yardage play is awful. O line just doesn’t look in sync there.
          I dont think it is COMPLETELY the o line
          but YES it does seem like they have not perfected communication and decision making
          on top of that, however, the backs and Isaiah WAY MORE than we are used to from him, are making some bad reads and choices

BUT that is kind of the perfect example of the difficulty and the beauty of football

i really do not think there is any better example of a TEAM GAME
          there are times when you can have 10 guys on the field do their job and one guy not do his job just a little and it bites you

and it just seems like the jacks simply have NOT gotten the chemistry and the mojo going in the run game
          if one guy misses a block it seems to hurt them
          if everyone gets their block and the back makes a bad read or stutters a little it is hurting them

I have GREAT confidence that they WILL figure it out
          and it seems like once you get the mojo going, THEN people also tend to make a lot more of the special individual efforts. like maybe a block does get missed but the back Be Your Own Blocker and makes him miss and makes something special happen when it should not

they're gonna figure it out

by far the best game from Grono today. that is a great sign of things to come. I KNOW they wanted to lean on the run game today. wanted to eat T. O. P. and keep Shelley off the field. and wanted to lean on the smaller D line and get them worn out come late 3rd early 4th quarter
          but it honestly looked like Grono and Hienz and the Jankes could have pretty much had completions at will in the pass game

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            You can't convince me there is a better DT in the FCS than Caleb Sanders.
            EXACTLY
            total savage today and really the whole season!!!

Comment

Post edited out by JackJD, Moderator.
              See comments below.
              Last edited by JackJD; 09-24-2022, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                Iffy spot. Please do not attempt pitch from under center
                yep that spot seemed beyond questionable but ended up not mattering

seemed like a VERY tough day to challenge anything. they NEVER had a good camera angle for anything!!

refs were terrible as expected
                the phantom unsportsmanlike played a HUGE role in getting them off the mat

obviously, we cannot hear what is said on the field, but i feel pretty confident the jacks players are smarter than to be using magic language to celebrate their big plays

and unless that was the case, there was NO FOUL there unless you want to throw that flag about 30 times a game or more

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  Best defensive line game in recent memory. There were other good things for sure, but that group had themselves a day!

It's going to be a quiet week for those in the fanbase that had already decided that "LUJAN SUCKS!!!". 477 yards put up against a top-5 team, with lots of new wrinkles.
                  people still found their moments even in this game to say that the jacks suck

it is hard for some people to realize that even bad college football teams STILL DO HAVE COLLEGE LEVEL football players. and EVEN bad teams will make some plays

and uh.... oh BTW Missouri State is not a bad football team
                  it absolutely SHOULD be expected that at some point they would make some plays

absolutely DOMINATING performance by the defense as a whole and especially the D line
                  MSU had two scoring drives

First one was helped by a great return by a great return team and still needed a personal foul (most likely a phantom personal foul) to get them over the hump

Second one was really the ONLY play that the jacks got beat the whole day
                  everything else they kept the bears very much in front of them. bears made some guys miss a few times and had decent gains, but that was really the ONLY big play they hit, at least as i recall.

and i thought the D did a very good job of BOTH swarming to the ball- AS THEY HAVE ALL YEAR, but also especially early in the game the first guy there did a great job of making the tackle or stopping momentum until the gang could arrive

later in the game their playmakers did do a better job of making the first guy miss. BUT good playmakers will do that, at least some times

overall the jacks played awesome. and they really dominated a good team. but you cannot expect them to win EVERY single play or even every series

NOW we really need MSU to learn from this game and go out and kick the snot out of everyone else CUZ every win they get makes the jacks look better

Comment

I would say easily the biggest concerns from this game were from special teams

I WILL remind that MSU is very very good in the return game!!!

but the jacks MUST continue to improve in this area. THIS seems like kind of a new thing for the jacks. happened last year also, but they did improve a lot as the year went on. but unless i remember badly, special teams has traditionally been an area where the Jacks WAY MORE OFTEN than not have had the advantage
                    it seems like they are having to work much harder at that the last couple years

have we seen a great punter in 3 of 4 games now? wouldnt it be great if we could have a guy who consistently could flip the field if we were in a bad spot or pin them deep when we are in a good spot. dustman has definitely had some good punts but it just has not been consistent so far. and after the game Stig said that he would be back and BETTER after todays kicking. i trust generally trust Stig. i hope he is correct on this one

other concern. i hope the hurt guys get healthy SOON and no new injuries crop up from today

Comment

• Originally posted by trueblue View Post

Hopefully we come out and dominate from start to finish. No trap games!
                      Score early and often and get the starters some rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                        Now that was impressive! Big test past today! A dominant win over a very good team!

Defense is unreal! Gronowski was doing Gronowski things! Should have been a bigger win. Have to figure out FG situation.

Hey, give a game ball to Lujan! They called an excellent game!

Guess what Jacks fans? We do have an outstanding football team!

SUPERBUNNY
                        Glad to see only a couple of called QB runs. I hold my breath on every one.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

yep that spot seemed beyond questionable but ended up not mattering

seemed like a VERY tough day to challenge anything. they NEVER had a good camera angle for anything!!

refs were terrible as expected
                          the phantom unsportsmanlike played a HUGE role in getting them off the mat

obviously, we cannot hear what is said on the field, but i feel pretty confident the jacks players are smarter than to be using magic language to celebrate their big plays

and unless that was the case, there was NO FOUL there unless you want to throw that flag about 30 times a game or more
                          I don't recall the camera angles being wide/elevated to the extent they were today the last time the Jacks played there.

I didn't think the refs missed calls as much as they had skewed unsportsmanlike conduct calling. As I mentioned, there were multiple Bears players posturing over Jacks after tackles or first downs, so I'd expect objectivity to dictate at least one of those would go against the Bears. Ideally, the refs realize it's a game between highly-ranked conference foes with influence on playoff positioning, and they just warn the players unless something egregious occurs

Comment

• I've edited -- erased so that the post is "empty" -- two posts in this thread. The first post was cursing that seems to be common currency with some. The poster was upset with the "quality" of our play in the Missouri State game at that particular moment. The cursing is something we hear on the street...looks pretty raw when stated in written form. When I read that post, I thought to myself "Well, this is going to tick off someone and then we may have the start of a debate about cursing, religion etc....when this is a sports forum and this is a thread about a game we won.

Sure enough, a response was made in a post. Personally, if I had to choose a side -- and I don't have to choose a side in a darned message board -- I guess I'd have to go with the response and not the initial post which I thought was inappropriate and was sure to offend some. I wasn't in the "offended" category sufficient to respond but it caused me pause when I read the initial post and I thought about commenting. I was thinking "really? do you have to print that?" The original poster is a pretty good member of this board but selected, as I wrote above, to express frustration using some not-uncommon cursing that, looks pretty raw in written form.

The challenge for posters upset with the quality of play and wishing to make an unmistakable comment about it, need to use their imagination and pick the just right comment without resorting to language we don't want our children (or grandchildren) reading/hearing if they happen to stumble on this board. Complaining, like insulting someone, can be an artform.

When this board was set up by filbert, a filter was turned on which eliminates most common curse words. I think the level of discourse is generally higher on this message board than other fan boards where there are no controls on language used by posters.

So, I cleaned out the two posts.

Carry on.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              I've edited -- erased so that the post is "empty" -- two posts in this thread. The first post was cursing that seems to be common currency with some. The poster was upset with the "quality" of our play in the Missouri State game at that particular moment. The cursing is something we hear on the street...looks pretty raw when stated in written form. When I read that post, I thought to myself "Well, this is going to tick off someone and then we may have the start of a debate about cursing, religion etc....when this is a sports forum and this is a thread about a game we won.

Sure enough, a response was made in a post. Personally, if I had to choose a side -- and I don't have to choose a side in a darned message board -- I guess I'd have to go with the response and not the initial post which I thought was inappropriate and was sure to offend some. I wasn't in the "offended" category sufficient to respond but it caused me pause when I read the initial post and I thought about commenting. I was thinking "really? do you have to print that?" The original poster is a pretty good member of this board but selected, as I wrote above, to express frustration using some not-uncommon cursing that, looks pretty raw in written form.

The challenge for posters upset with the quality of play and wishing to make an unmistakable comment about it, need to use their imagination and pick the just right comment without resorting to language we don't want our children (or grandchildren) reading/hearing if they happen to stumble on this board. Complaining, like insulting someone, can be an artform.

When this board was set up by filbert, a filter was turned on which eliminates most common curse words. I think the level of discourse is generally higher on this message board than other fan boards where there are no controls on language used by posters.

So, I cleaned out the two posts.

Carry on.
                              Couldn't you have just deleted the vulgarity (or used asterisks like the OP did during a prior game when he actually exercised some restraint) rather than both posts entirely?

The approach used essentially lets the OP off the hook and opens moderators up to accusations of bias and selective post revision (e.g., posts having vulgarity are deleted but posts questioning the character and devotion of players and coaches remain untouched)
                              Last edited by jakejc795; 09-24-2022, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• The Jackrabbits earned an MVFC victory over top-5 Missiouri State on Saturday. Plenty to "Rave" about in this one! #GoJacks
                                https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...uri-state.html
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X