Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri State

Big time matchup this week as the Jackrabbits enter MVFC play! Here is the breakdown of top-5 Missouri State. #GoJacks

https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...uri-state.html
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

This one makes me nervous. They have so many FBS transfers, who know how athletic they could be. If we aren't clicking on all cylinders, we may be in trouble.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I think this game will be decided by how well our d line gets pressure on Shelley. If they get to him early and often, we win. If he has time or scrambles out of pressure effectively, we lose. Our offense is getting better, but I don’t have faith in us going punch for punch in a shootout. I also don’t think we can win by just stopping the run in this one, and I’m not confident in our secondary to cover all game. If we get pressure and force some hurried throws/sacks, I like our chances as the game goes on and our O line can lean on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
        I think this game will be decided by how well our d line gets pressure on Shelley. If they get to him early and often, we win. If he has time or scrambles out of pressure effectively, we lose. Our offense is getting better, but I don’t have faith in us going punch for punch in a shootout. I also don’t think we can win by just stopping the run in this one, and I’m not confident in our secondary to cover all game. If we get pressure and force some hurried throws/sacks, I like our chances as the game goes on and our O line can lean on them.
        The o-line is still developing, but they really haven't leaned on anybody yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Agreed, which is a major point of concern. From what I’ve seen of MSU, their d line hasn’t looked great and I won’t be shocked if our o line takes a step forward.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I think this will come down to both OLs, the Jacks' DL having gap discipline, and Davis having an eye-popping return to MO that'll have Petrino wishing Davis were a Bear.

Jacks win 24-13

Comment

The Jacks have really been hurt by injuries. Coach Stig said earlier this week that six starters are out. Several backups also are injured, including Rudy Voss. Mark Gronowski will be backed up at QB this week by Keaton Heide, who was suspended for the Butler game because of a rules violation. It's especially sad that Landon Wolf will be out several more weeks because of a knee injury. Another major bummer is that Caleb Francl is out for the year. Next man up, indeed.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Huge test for the Jacks this week. Should be interesting. I’m excited.

Comment

Sounds like the Missouri State fan base is fired up for this weekend. Can't blame them, I wish I could be there. It will be a full house and should be a fun environment. Go Jacks!!

​​​​​​https://247sports.com/college/missou...633058/?page=1
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    The Jacks have really been hurt by injuries. Coach Stig said earlier this week that six starters are out. Several backups also are injured, including Rudy Voss. Mark Gronowski will be backed up at QB this week by Keaton Heide, who was suspended for the Butler game because of a rules violation. It's especially sad that Landon Wolf will be out several more weeks because of a knee injury. Another major bummer is that Caleb Francl is out for the year. Next man up, indeed.

Is Wolf still out? I saw he was listed on the depth chart for this week.

Comment

Lot of talk on their board about us being slow and not as physically gifted as the bears, needing to use system schemes to overcome our physical disadvantages, etc. I laughed out loud. They may be improved, but that’s a lot of talk for a team that hasn’t won a playoff game since the mid 90’s and has beaten the juggernauts of UT Martin and UCA. We may get beat Saturday, and MSU may be the real deal, but it isn’t going to be because we have fewer athletes. JFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post

Is Wolf still out? I saw he was listed on the depth chart for this week.
                        Wolf is out for a few more weeks, according to the coach. He played in the first game or two this season, then got reinjured. He was on the sideline for the Butler game.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

My personal favorite weekly post is ready to go. Here is what to watch for the matchup with the Bears. #GoJacks

https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...uri-state.html
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Lots of great stuff in that article. I’m more than a little concerned with the heat on Saturday. It will be really important to possess the ball and keep our D fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                              Lot of talk on their board about us being slow and not as physically gifted as the bears, needing to use system schemes to overcome our physical disadvantages, etc. I laughed out loud. They may be improved, but that’s a lot of talk for a team that hasn’t won a playoff game since the mid 90’s and has beaten the juggernauts of UT Martin and UCA. We may get beat Saturday, and MSU may be the real deal, but it isn’t going to be because we have fewer athletes. JFC.
                              The fact that they have 25 or 30 FBS transfers might give fans the mostly false impression that they are more "athletic." But it is likely that if those transfers had been getting playing time at their FBS schools, they wouldn't have made the move to Springfield, MO.

Comment

Working...
                              X