No announcement yet.

Profanity Over the PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once heard M-n-M's Shake that Ass at a SF public school PA. It was totally an accident and was entertaining watching people scramble to shut it off. The songs on the SDSU PA aren't accidents and can be replaced. There are a lot of songs to pick from, find another.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      Hey, I'll copy/paste the lyrics for one of the songs here:

And you know we don't give a **** it's not your birthday

Look at that, censored.

What's the deal guys? Why is that language censored here but not at a public university football game?
      What did the Athletic Department say to you when you contacted them about the music over the stadium PA?

In answer to your question, this is the default setting of the software. I saw no particular reason to change it.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

There should not be profanity over the speakers. That seems like common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
          We are in section 124 and I bring my 2 girls 7-5 and have had 0 issues. Half the time they are just dancing to the music and not listening. I understand what your saying but it’s probably somebody a little younger doing the music and they don’t realize it offends someone. The spilling has always been an issue probably worse last year with the dump open mouthed pop cups can’t tell you how many times I’ve been standing in mello yellow. Maybe we need to ask for cup holders.
          There's a difference between spilling and deliberately kicking empty cans and one full one from another member of their crew into the row below (then responding in the manner they did).

The guy's made clear he's inconsiderate, and I fully realize there are both other inconsiderate fans and fans I'd find much more enjoyable (several of the latter are also in our section)

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
            I once heard M-n-M's Shake that Ass at a SF public school PA. It was totally an accident and was entertaining watching people scramble to shut it off. The songs on the SDSU PA aren't accidents and can be replaced. There are a lot of songs to pick from, find another.
            They've picked some decent songs. In order to prevent Spongebob and "Baby Shark" from being the pre-game replacements, I nominate:
            • "Bad At Love" by Halsey
            • "Blue & Yellow" by The Used
            • "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'" by The Stones (the "cocaine eyes" portion can be replaced with "cookies & cream thighs')
            • "Dixieland Delight" by Alabama
            • "Hurts So Good," "Pink Houses" and "Jack & Diane" by John Mellencamp
            • "Who Knew" by Pink
            • "Live & Let Die" by both GNR and Wings
            • "80s Mercedes" by Maren Morris
            • "That Don't Impress Me Much" by Shania Twain
            • "Cravin' You" by Thomas Rhett (feat. Maren Morris)

Comment

While on the subject of the PA -- can we all agree that music shouldn't be played when the Jacks are on offense?

It happened at least twice vs. Butler.

Comment

I contacted both Holm and Larscheid regarding the profanity and music up to the snap. Holm responded that it would get passed on to the appropriate people.

Comment

Agreed, no swearing in the music, they can control that. People in the stands? Welp, that's life. My kids grew up going to jacks games, and neither of them swears in public or really at home or in front of their parents(not that i really care if they do). I do swear.....a lot, and prolly not as much as their mom(neither of us at games really, but I wont lie that a few havent slipped out here and there). But we've learned over the years, make it less of a deal and they tend to move on from it. Its just a bunch of ****ing words. If most parents didn't make a big deal of it, most kids wouldn't even care when they hear it.

Alcohol consumption has been fine. I have seen anything out of sorts. I wouldn't know how you could purchase it fast enough and get drunk anyways. Those lines are still too slow for me to bother missing any of the game.

People have been dropping soda on that concrete for years, now it'll be soda or beer. This is not some new problem inherent to our stadium only. If this is your first time encountering it then congratulations on avoiding it this far!
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                    Agreed, no swearing in the music, they can control that. People in the stands? Welp, that's life. My kids grew up going to jacks games, and neither of them swears in public or really at home or in front of their parents(not that i really care if they do). I do swear.....a lot, and prolly not as much as their mom(neither of us at games really, but I wont lie that a few havent slipped out here and there). But we've learned over the years, make it less of a deal and they tend to move on from it. Its just a bunch of ****ing words. If most parents didn't make a big deal of it, most kids wouldn't even care when they hear it.

Alcohol consumption has been fine. I have seen anything out of sorts. I wouldn't know how you could purchase it fast enough and get drunk anyways. Those lines are still too slow for me to bother missing any of the game.

People have been dropping soda on that concrete for years, now it'll be soda or beer. This is not some new problem inherent to our stadium only. If this is your first time encountering it then congratulations on avoiding it this far!
                    Not the first time, as I'd mentioned.

This year differed from prior years in that the offender cleaned it up last time (without us asking), and this year he didn't, and the prior time, he didn't have four empty and one full beer can(s) to kick into our row.

Yes, some of that is a product of attending a game in public. However, kicking one's litter and full beer into another person's section isn't in keeping what many would say is good "fan etiquette"

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                      Hey, I'll copy/paste the lyrics for one of the songs here:

And you know we don't give a **** it's not your birthday

Look at that, censored.

What's the deal guys? Why is that language censored here but not at a public university football game?
                      I am going to apologize for past and future foul language in the event we have ever met. It is part of my every day vocabulary. I may try a swear jar at my tailgate and see if we can bring it down a little. (If everyone pays, I may also be able to afford that new lake house I want) Thanks and sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackwagon View Post

(If everyone pays, I may also be able to afford that new lake house I want)
                        Maybe state that the swear jar will go to the school and people will pay more
                        Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                        -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Get off my grass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X