Profanity Over the PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profanity Over the PA

For the second week in a row, I heard profanity during songs played over the PA system. Last week it was multiple times. Both times the song faded immediately after. Which leaves me wondering... is someone doing this intentionally to be funny/cool/clever?

I don't care if they want to play Nikki Minaj, Cardi B, DMX, 50 Cent, or anybody else. They all have great songs for a college football atmosphere. I love Toby Keith's red, white, and blue, but the line "we'll put a boot in your a$$" is problematic.

If you can't find radio edits, don't play them.

Seriously SDSU, people bring their kids to games. Maybe nobody else cares, whatever.

We've had a discussion about whether to bring the kids to games. My wife is not happy. This situation along with what seems to be alcohol fueled profanity from people around us (never been an issue in the past) has tipped the scales we're going to the hills on 10/29 instead of up to Brookings for the Indiana State game. Awesome.

What a joke.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    For the second week in a row, I heard profanity during songs played over the PA system. Last week it was multiple times. Both times the song faded immediately after. Which leaves me wondering... is someone doing this intentionally to be funny/cool/clever?

I don't care if they want to play Nikki Minaj, Cardi B, DMX, 50 Cent, or anybody else. They all have great songs for a college football atmosphere. I love Toby Keith's red, white, and blue, but the line "we'll put a boot in your a$$" is problematic.

Seriously SDSU, people bring their kids to games. Maybe nobody else cares, whatever.

We've had a discussion about whether to bring the kids to games. My wife is not happy. This situation along with what seems to be alcohol fueled profanity from people around us (never been an issue in the past) has tipped the scales we're going to the hills on 10/29 instead of up to Brookings for the Indiana State game. Awesome.

What a joke.
    Can we assume you've made your concerns known to the athletic department administration?
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Are your kids school age? If so, I can guarantee they've already seen and heard much worse. If they aren't of school age, they will hear much worse soon enough. Not discounting your concerns...but they'll be ok. Get 16,000 people together and it isn't all gonna be roses and daffodils...

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

What a joke.
        Not sure if you have season tickets, but if you don't , buy tickets in a different section. I'm in the 107-108 area and have seen no issues with alcohol and haven't heard any foul language.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

Can we assume you've made your concerns known to the athletic department administration?

Unlikely. Just came to this board for the first time in roughly 3 years to poo poo on the athletic department.

If we are really concerned about change then an email to Sell would be the way to go. But based on this post it's unlikely

I'm not going to take the time to send an email or anything, but did anybody else notice at least 1 F-bomb over the loudspeakers during the game on Saturday? They were playing "In Da Club" by 50 cent. My daughter claims to have heard a song with the N-word as well, I didn't hear it. But I definitely heard the F-bomb.

Can't have that sort of thing if you want families to consistently attend.

Comment

Im in Sec 105 and havent had any problems. There are a couple non drinking sections that might be better for families. Fans have been tailgating and drinking for years before games. I cant imagine people are going to be out of control now that they can have a few beers at the game.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Not sure if you have season tickets, but if you don't , buy tickets in a different section. I'm in the 107-108 area and have seen no issues with alcohol and haven't heard any foul language.
              They'll accommodate season ticket holders as well. We've had beverages spilled on jeans and legs (first time a couple seasons ago) and second time last week by the same season-ticket holding tool who likes to kick his trash into our row in front of his (and then say "you just have to deal with it" when we ask him to help clean it up), and the ticket office was willing to discuss moving our location for remaining games.

Comment

I'm not sure how to respond to this but I will say that we have sat in 2 different sections so far this year and I am yet hear any "alcohol fueled profanity" from anyone around us. And maybe I'm not the best parent but if my kid hears "we'll put a boot in your a$$" at a Jacks game and that is the worst thing he hears all day, I'm probably happy.

On a positive note, the Black Hills are beautiful in October!

Comment

If you hear profanity just be a man and tell the people beside you to watch their language with the little ears around. There is bigger problems in life than a few cuss words in songs.
                  It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

It's a college football game... Don't bring your kids if that's such a big issue to you
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                      It's a college football game... Don't bring your kids if that's such a big issue to you
                      They don't have to choose those songs to be heard over PA loud speakers do they, common sense goes a long way ...that's an issue. I used to think SDSU was a good wholesome place you could even bring your kids to their athletic events, guess I was wrong.The kids aren't the problem, it's the people who want to drive them away from their parents to go for a nice family outing that are the problem to be clear on the issue.
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-20-2022, 11:38 PM.

Comment

We are in section 124 and I bring my 2 girls 7-5 and have had 0 issues. Half the time they are just dancing to the music and not listening. I understand what your saying but it’s probably somebody a little younger doing the music and they don’t realize it offends someone. The spilling has always been an issue probably worse last year with the dump open mouthed pop cups can’t tell you how many times I’ve been standing in mello yellow. Maybe we need to ask for cup holders.
                        Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                          Are your kids school age? If so, I can guarantee they've already seen and heard much worse. If they aren't of school age, they will hear much worse soon enough. Not discounting your concerns...but they'll be ok. Get 16,000 people together and it isn't all gonna be roses and daffodils...

You can't do much about the people around you. However, playing profanity over the PA is not acceptable. Even professional teams cut off/censor songs.
                          Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                          -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Hey, I'll copy/paste the lyrics for one of the songs here:

And you know we don't give a **** it's not your birthday

Look at that, censored.

What's the deal guys? Why is that language censored here but not at a public university football game?
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post

Can you guarantee they've heard worse over the Sioux Falls Public School PA system???

Comment

Working...
                              X