Curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of alternate jerseys, but I can live with them and can see why some fans like them.

I'm sure the players like them, along with the helmets.

I don't particularly care for the white helmets, although I would like to see them with white jerseys and pants.

I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet... but alternate uniforms probably contribute to a bump in merchandise sales. I would guess the merchandise companies (Nike, Under Armour, Addidas, etc) have data showing an increase in merchandise sales when alternate uniforms are worn, especially for "special" events like a blackout. It would be really interesting to see the merchandise sales for the bookstore for the week before and after alternate jersey games compared to other weeks.
    I noticed on Saturday that a lot of fans were wearing black that had no sign of any Jackrabbit logo.

Comment

The Jacks will be in all white Saturday with the new white helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I noticed on Saturday that a lot of fans were wearing black that had no sign of any Jackrabbit logo.
        I noticed that too. I also noticed that my teenager was upset that we wouldn't "run to Scheels quick" before we left town to get a new black SDSU sweatshirt.

Here's a couple articles I found that's somewhat related to merchandise sales and alternate uniforms.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/wa...e-record-sales

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlott...cy-lineup.html
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

All whites looked good!!

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
            All whites looked good!!
            I SECOND THAT

i would say, however, that I think (like others have said here before) the whole variety of uniform thing is all about the players and keeping them excited. i think it is undoubtedly expected by recruits these days that you will have new and different uniforms

THAT DOES NOT mean that i like all the uniforms!!! sometimes i dislike them a lot, but if the program is winning and the players represent the jacks well then i am happy to live with my fashion disappointment. and i would say CHECK and CHECK on those criteria!!!

we are very very VERY blessed with a great football program and athletic program as a whole!!!! there are probably a lot of fan bases who would never even notice the uniforms because they have a hundred other things to worry about that we NEVER have to

Comment

Yep. All whites is a good look. What use to drive me crazy is the road yellow pants. I love them at home but yellow pants white jersey never looked good. White is solid. That's my recommendation. Blue helmet and blue jersey and rotate yellow or white pants at home. Road all whites with white helmet.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Stumbled upon these images of BYU helmets used in recent game.

Thoughts on next year's alternate Jacks helmets adopting similar design with stretch SD/Campanile/hidden ice cream scoop on one side and angry rabbit head profile on other side?

Comment

Working...
                X