Curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious

I'm wondering when the school colors went from yellow and blue to black and white.

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
    I'm wondering when the school colors went from yellow and blue to black and white.
    We had the same discussion. No one at our family gathering was excited. The sentiment was it didnt look like sdsu at all.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Black is for mourning. Or for Raiders fans, which is kind of the same thing.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Add the white helmet with only a blue rabbit (which I am not a fan of ), and from my seat I thought I was seeing two visiting teams. The pants are just plain white. What happened to the blue and yellow
        accents ?. I appreciate that the JFPA provided these helmets but does that mean we will not see the traditional blue with the stretch SD for the rest of this season?

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
          Add the white helmet with only a blue rabbit (which I am not a fan of ), and from my seat I thought I was seeing two visiting teams. The pants are just plain white. What happened to the blue and yellow
          accents ?. I appreciate that the JFPA provided these helmets but does that mean we will not see the traditional blue with the stretch SD for the rest of this season?
          Hopefully.

Not seeing blue and yellow on our uniforms is strange.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Yah, that combo looked like someone forgot to wash the pants, so just wear these

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
              Tyler asked Jason Freeman about how much he liked the new helmets during postgame interview, and Jason said he was a fan of them and appreciated the JFPA providing them, so if players' perspectives have any impact, we may be seeing them for a while

Comment

JFPA gets us new alternate helmets and you guys don’t want them to wear them? Seriously? Yeah the school colors are blue and yellow and we are not tossing those out the window. Look around the country at college football, uniforms like that are what the kids like, and we won’t even wear them the majority of the time so I think we should just let the coaches and players decide what they like and we can just enjoy the winning that comes with it.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                  JFPA gets us new alternate helmets and you guys don’t want them to wear them? Seriously? Yeah the school colors are blue and yellow and we are not tossing those out the window. Look around the country at college football, uniforms like that are what the kids like, and we won’t even wear them the majority of the time so I think we should just let the coaches and players decide what they like and we can just enjoy the winning that comes with it.
                  I didn’t mind the color change at all. Thanks to the JFPA membership for its support. I agree with Salemjack

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                    The key word is "Alternate". Kind of like a change of pace running back, used occasionally. Two weeks in a row was surprising to me. Just sayin'
                    Last edited by LakeJack; 09-18-2022, 08:49 PM.

Comment

I mean they are brand new. They will be used more this season than any other season. I would guess they will be used for 1/3 of the games going forward. They are sharp, and not everything has to be completely blue and yellow. But I understand your concern, the combos yesterday weren’t the most ascetically pleasing.

Comment

I think the white helmets for the road is totally good. Just need blue and yellow still on the white uniform with solid color numbers and stripes on the pants. Seeing mostly black and white and a hint of yellow.

Everyone who came over started watching and asked when is the jacks game on....then asked, wait so they are in black?

I also dont think it should be surprising that many alumni like the blue and yellow look.....maybe they will make new school songs every week also. Its not permanent you know, but just an alternate to change it up.....probably should since the school song name is yellow and blue.

When you watch the high lights and cant even tell its sdsu is odd. I think it would be odd if ndsu used other colors. Since im not rich enough to pay for what i want, means i have to accept what those who can choose.......not that it will stop me from complaining though.

Comment

While we are trying new combos...how about a powder blue jersey?
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Or Red for that matter??

Comment

Red and green are not allowed! Haha! I say powder blue because I saw a picture of a powder blue baseball jersey and it looked pretty sweet.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                              X