GDT: UC Davis (9/10/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

For having two pre-season AA's on the left side of the line, I haven't seen that kind of production yet. To be honest, for a good portion of the game last night, it seemed that the running game was having more success running to the right side.
    Agreed. And both AA have had way too many false starts (mostly last week, but still) for their level of talent. It’s going to be tough sledding if the o line doesn’t click.

Our d is great, but we can’t ask them to continuously hold Valley teams to less than 10 so our offense can win putting up 12. Valley defenses will be better than what we saw last night and our offense has to get better to be effective against them.

Comment

I thought the other TE was supposed to be just about as good as Kraft by all accounts, yet not much if anything is mentioned about him in Kraft's absence, is he out of the lineup too, injury perhaps or just not being utilized, slow to get into form....forgive my ignorance, I have no clue, I rely totally on you guys to clue us in , so can anyone comment what's up with Heinz, I probably should know more, but I don't, just being honest.

Comment

Here are the Rants & Raves for your Sunday morning. Plenty of work left to do but this was a good win! #GoJacks

https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...c-davis-2.html
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          I thought the other TE was supposed to be just about as good as Kraft by all accounts, yet not much if anything is mentioned about him in Kraft's absence, is he out of the lineup too, injury perhaps or just not being utilized, slow to get into form....forgive my ignorance, I have no clue, I rely totally on you guys to clue us in , so can anyone comment what's up with Heinz, I probably should know more, but I don't, just being honest.
          Heins has played, and there've been a couple "near misses" on pass attempts in both games. Yesterday's one attempt even involved a trick play.
          Last edited by jakejc795; 09-11-2022, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            Here are the Rants & Raves for your Sunday morning. Plenty of work left to do but this was a good win! #GoJacks

https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...c-davis-2.html
            Perhaps State has concerns it risks liability and fines as a "social host" by "leaving alone" underage imbibers, and maybe it's something universities or BoR will request the legislature address in upcoming sessions.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Heins has played, and there've been a couple "near misses" on pass attempts in both games. Yesterday's one attempt even involved a trick play.
              Thanks Jake, not utilized much in the offense so far, fair to say? Sure wish our offense could get untracked, like everyone else I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

He did draw 1 or 2 PI penalties that gave resulted in a crucial first down.

Comment

He did draw 1 or 2 PI penalties that gave resulted in a crucial first down.
                  Yes, that's a great point. Heins indeed drew two penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    Thanks Jake, not utilized much in the offense so far, fair to say? Sure wish our offense could get untracked, like everyone else I reckon.
                    I think what we might be seeing is an offense that'd been developed under assumption Kraft would be featured, supported by Zim's recent article. Obviously, both Heins and Kraft are TEs, but I think Heins is more of a red zone and sideline target who lacks Kraft's "quick twitch" and burst.

I'd compare Heins to Kyle Rudolph, while Kraft is comparable to Irv Smith or Goedert. I could be in the minority, but I think it's understandable the offensive staff would be cognizant of/want to address the fact that Kraft has NFL buzz, particularly given the loyalty he's shown to the program. That doesn't excuse failure to adapt to his absence though.

As for adaptations I'd like to see, especially against the Bears -- increased screen passes to Davis, Johnson, Wolfe and the Jankes; focus on the QB-center exchange; and honing Gronowski's "internal clock" against QB pressure.

Comment

Heins was really effective last season in two TE sets together with Kraft. I don't recall seeing many of those since Tucker was injured. Not even sure who the second TE would be.

Comment

Does anyone know if Wolfe got hurt? I saw him walking up and down the sideline without his helmet but I don’t remember him playing at all in the second half.

Also not sure I agree with having Davis not handle the rb duties at the end when Johnson fumbled. I understand he had a ton of carries up to that point but when it’s time to close out a game you have to have your best on the field.

Comment

Heins was really effective last season in two TE sets together with Kraft. I don't recall seeing many of those since Tucker was injured. Not even sure who the second TE would be.
                          I'm wondering if it'd be Morgan. They had him in motion throughout the game, but I don't believe he was targeted at all.

Comment

Two weeks to get as many bodies as possible back on the field. The Bears will be a real challenge!

I hope we can get the ball in the hands of the playmakers

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                              Does anyone know if Wolfe got hurt? I saw him walking up and down the sideline without his helmet but I don’t remember him playing at all in the second half.

Also not sure I agree with having Davis not handle the rb duties at the end when Johnson fumbled. I understand he had a ton of carries up to that point but when it’s time to close out a game you have to have your best on the field.
                              I thought he was in for a couple plays during 3rd quarter. Tyler and the crew didn't mention Wolf being injured yesterday, but maybe we'll learn something about it tomorrow.

Angel Johnson had a couple decent gains before the fumble, and I'm not opposed to him spelling Davis or Amar Johnson. Regardless, I'm curious about what's up with Buri

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post

I saw at one point in the 3rd a trainer rubbing is calf on the medical table.
                                Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Working...
                                X