Jacks to host UC Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks to host UC Davis

The Jacks return home Saturday to host UC Davis. We know that our upcoming opponents lost a fairly lopsided event to Cal to open their season. Has anyone looked at the Aggies to see what we might anticipate in our home opener?

I am not an astute x's and o's guy having never played the game. I noted in the box score that tha Aggies ran the ball 27 times and passed the ball 50 times.
    Last edited by West-River_Jack; 09-04-2022, 09:51 AM.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Aggie fan here! Looking forward to the re-match and hopefully we don't let you guys get like 400+ rushing yards this go around lol.

I'll start off by saying that stats wise the game against Cal was actually fairly close. Cal outgained us 415 yards to 387. So what went wrong for us? A couple things to be totally honest. The first mistake was when we were up 7-0 early in the game. We went for it on a 4th and short in the red zone and didn't get it instead of taking the easy points where we could have been up 10-0. A little bit later we had one of our CB's drop what would have been a pick 6 and would have put us up 14-7... Cal went on to score on that drive. Lastly is our QB's bad habit of throwing untimely interceptions. We got the ball to start the 2nd half and he immediately throws a pick 6 and then he throws another one when we're driving in the red zone. He ended the game with 2 interceptions and Cal defenders dropped another 2 or 3 that probably should have been picks. No one in the UC Davis fan base is super enthralled by this kid, but the coaching staff seems like they are really standing behind him for whatever reason.

All in all, we definitely made some mistakes and shot ourselves in the foot a couple of time but we still deserved to lose that game. Frankly, I don't think we'll be much of a hurdle for the Jackrabbits as we just have too much inconsistency on offense.

Comment

all i know is we could use a good boat racin for this game.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

[QUOTE=CA Forever;n525595]Aggie fan here!....

thanks for for your insight. I was at the Iowa game. We have a stout defense. I’m still trying to reconcile in my mind the performance of our offense against a very good Iowa defense. I’ve decided to be an optimist. I think the offense has some issues but they’re issues that can be resolved.

Thinking about Saturday’s home opener I know this: I hope the Davis coaches spend a lot of time studying our offense in video of the game at Kinnick. I think they will learn nothing.

Comment

[QUOTE=JackJD;n525605]
          Originally posted by CA Forever View Post
          Aggie fan here!....

thanks for for your insight. I was at the Iowa game. We have a stout defense. I’m still trying to reconcile in my mind the performance of our offense against a very good Iowa defense. I’ve decided to be an optimist. I think the offense has some issues but they’re issues that can be resolved.

Thinking about Saturday’s home opener I know this: I hope the Davis coaches spend a lot of time studying our offense in video of the game at Kinnick. I think they will learn nothing.
          If the game is anything like our playoff match up, just hand the ball off to Isaiah Davis like 20 times and he'll single handedly win the game.

Comment

This game is more of who going to be missing from last week.
            Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Want to know more about UC Davis? Here is all the info you need. #GoJacks

https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...c-davis-2.html
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Nice post by CA Forever.

There are two things I wouldn't want to be this Saturday: A Busch Light and a UC Davis Aggie (mascot was a Mustang, now a cow)..

The Jacks are going to have some serious red ass after a golden opportunity lost last weekend. Would be shocked if we don't roll UC Davis again.

SUPERBUNNY
                Last edited by SUPERBUNNY; 09-06-2022, 03:40 PM.
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                  Nice post by CA Forever.

There are two things I wouldn't want to be this Saturday: A Busch Light and a UC Davis Mustang.

The Jacks are going to have some serious red ass after a golden opportunity lost last weekend. Would be shocked if we don't roll UC Davis again.

SUPERBUNNY
                  I’m just guessing, but I’d be willing to bet that every UC Davis fan doesn’t want to be a UC Davis Mustang on Saturday either…Since they’re the UC Davis Aggies…

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

I’m just guessing, but I’d be willing to bet that every UC Davis fan doesn’t want to be a UC Davis Mustang on Saturday either…Since they’re the UC Davis Aggies…
                    Ha! We play a team that is the Mustangs at some point I think. I went back and looked and their Mascot was indeed Gunrock the Mustang. So, I just assumed they are the Mustangs. However, they just voted to change their mascot to a cow last spring because being a cow is unique and the school has dairy ties.

[url/}https://theaggie.org/2022/06/25/stud...scot-to-a-cow/[/url}

How is that for Cliffy Clavin fact for the day? My post will be amended. Good catch Mr_Tibbs.

SUPERBUNNY

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Ha! We play a team that is the Mustangs at some point I think. I went back and looked and their Mascot was indeed Gunrock the Mustang. So, I just assumed they are the Mustangs. However, they just voted to change their mascot to a cow last spring because being a cow is unique and the school has dairy ties.

How is that for Cliffy Clavin fact for the day? My post will be amended. Good catch Mr_Tibbs.

SUPERBUNNY
                      Ha! That was some student poll that wasn't officially recognized by the university in any way. When they declared victory that the mascot was now a cow, the administration said "lol no".

Comment

Hmmm...we play the cows for the Dairy Drive game. I hope we milk 'em?
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

SUPERBUNNY
                          Do dairy ties pair well with cheddar hats/cheeseheads?

Comment

Whats the word on the injury situation this game? concerned we are going to be going to be testing the depth charts to much already for the 2nd game.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              all i know is we could use a good boat racin for this game.
                              We could definitely use it but I would be surprised. This game is no lay-up for us. Davis is ranked I think? A playoff team last year that was really banged up by the time they made it to Brookings. Kraft is out for sure for us and who knows how many others. This is not going to be handed to us. Davis will show up hungry to prove they belong more than they showed last fall. I think this one could get interesting. One of those games that I have a bad feeling about, we may still win but I don’t think it’ll be a boat race. Hopefully I am wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X