Jacks head to Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks head to Iowa

Single game tickets go on sale at 9AM for anyone looking to head to Kinnick to kick off this season. Should be a real good contingent of SDSU fans there.

Where is the best chance to sit next to some Jackrabbit faithful? I’m hoping to get tickets next to the visitor section.

Comment

Not sure exactly. Probably tucked away in a corner up top. I got tickets on the visitor sideline row 20. I can handle a few rowdy Hawkeyes!

Comment

I have a couple hotel rooms-one a block from the stadium and one a little ways away( Residence Inn) if someone needs one. I can't cancel them so need to get rid of them.....pm me if interested. pass through on cost.
        “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Any tailgating plans? I have 19 in my group have a VRBO. Curious if someone is going to throw something together.

Comment

We will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. 4 guys coming. We like to party.
            It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

https://twitter.com/cappinjacks/stat...UT3gbgYFRb8cSg

Comment

That’s good info! Thanks for sharing. We will plan on heading to lot 65!

Comment

It appears lot 65 is sold out. Lot 3 is the only one available

Comment

There is plenty of info out there about Iowa but here is one more look at the Iowa lineup. #GoJacks

https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...view-iowa.html
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I don’t know how to feel about this one. On paper, their D is great and will cause us issues. But their O, judging by last year, is going to be pretty mediocre. This seems like a game that will come down to how effectively we can move the ball on the ground (and open up PA passing) and how our secondary holds up. I will say that Iowa runs the type of offense that does not concern me with the strengths of our D. Much like UM in 2019, they are a ground and pound, 12 personnel type offense. Historically, it’s the more spread air raid type of offenses that give us trouble (SIU, EWU,) or heavy QB run offenses (NDSU, Montana State). Iowa’s offense with a statue at QB does not concern me. Unless our secondary has issues.

And as good as their D is, I can’t remember a team that has shut down our offense completely in the last 5 years. And we’ve played some very stout defenses in that time.

If we win, it’ll be a 24-13 type game because their offense is putrid and their D gets worn down.

If we lose, I’m guessing it’ll be 31-14 or so, with our secondary giving up some big plays over the top and some turnovers on O.

I’m leaning towards us upsetting them in grand fashion (only to make the random loss to a team we should beat in October sting that much more. )

Comment

The closer it gets to game day, the less confident I am feeling. (I trust that the players and coaches are much different! )

Comment

I’m more worried about the secondary than the offense. I understand Iowa’s defense is already great. But I think our offense is almost as good as most Big 10 schools (including Iowa). Isaiah Davis might be the most talented back we’ve had in recent years, and that includes two guys who have made the NFL. Tucker Kraft will be a top pick at tight end, and we know how good Gronowski is when healthy. Making smart plays and limiting mistakes will be the key.

Comment

What is Iowa's O-line like this year? About all I can find online is that their defense is LOADED and their QBs suck. Traditionally, their o-linemen are road graters. Is that the case this year?
                            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
                              I’m more worried about the secondary than the offense. I understand Iowa’s defense is already great. But I think our offense is almost as good as most Big 10 schools (including Iowa). Isaiah Davis might be the most talented back we’ve had in recent years, and that includes two guys who have made the NFL. Tucker Kraft will be a top pick at tight end, and we know how good Gronowski is when healthy. Making smart plays and limiting mistakes will be the key.
                              I saw that the Iowa wr's, including Keagan Johnson, have been battling injuries and may not be at full strength on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                              X