Combine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combine

Pierre Strong with the fastest RB time at 4.39.

Watson at 4.37. Impressive showing from the small school boys.

Pierre Strongs official 40 time was 4.37. Tied for the fastest at the combine for rb

Comment

Trevor Penning from UNI also tied for second fastest OL at 4.89.

Comment

was pierre the only player we had there? does somebody know will we have our own pro day again this spring and do we have any other players looking for a shot to play professionally?

i thought backhaus might have a shot,

thought we might have some linemen or safeties or maybe gardner get a look

not trying to be stupid and totally over value or over rate our guys. didnt figure we had multiple no brainer nfl guys or anything, but thought we have some who if they choose to take a shot at that life could be on practice squads and see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
          was pierre the only player we had there? does somebody know will we have our own pro day again this spring and do we have any other players looking for a shot to play professionally?

i thought backhaus might have a shot,

thought we might have some linemen or safeties or maybe gardner get a look

not trying to be stupid and totally over value or over rate our guys. didnt figure we had multiple no brainer nfl guys or anything, but thought we have some who if they choose to take a shot at that life could be on practice squads and see what happens
          Yes, he was the only one invited to the combine. I believe there are a limited amount of combine invites sent out. They are plenty of guys who get drafted or sign undrafted free agent who were not invited. Zach Zenner, Dallas Goedert, Jordan Brown, Pierre Strong are off the top of my head the only SDSU players to ever be invited.

I would assume that SDSU will have their own pro day sometime within the next month or so. They have a great facility to host it not just for their own athletes but for other areas to attend and the scouts to comfortably observe from as well. Will all 32 NFL teams send somebody to SDSU's pro day? Probably not, but Pierre Strong will surely bring in some interest.

I believe Oladokun is working out for a pro career. Not sure if any others are. If you are a borderline prospect, you might as well give it all you got for 6-12 months after the season ends for a once in a lifetime opportunity before entering the real world for the rest of your life.

Got to remember that even making a practice squad is tough. Off season roster size is 90 (training camp). Regular season roster is 53. Active for a game is 48. Practice squad holds 16 guys, but pre-covid was only 10. So you've got 2,880 guys in training camp. 672 of them will get cut after camp and basically never play again (Mike Daniels, Cole Brodie, Ryan McKnight, Jake Weineke and Taryn Christion (turned into CFL Career), and a ton of others). 512 of them will get signed to a practice squad and maybe get the chance to chase the dream for another year or two (Jordan Brown) before either showing that they are unique and can move up to the active roster (Christian Rozeboom), or they are no different than the next young guy coming out of college (Casey Bender, Mitch Erickson, Dale Moss, Jake Weineke, etc.). 160 guys that are on the active roster but are inactives for a lot of games and basically still a "prove it bubble guy".. 1,536 guys that will play in games (Zach Zenner, Dallas Goedert), of which a lot of them are still easily replaceable (Bryan Witzmann, Collin Cochart, Danny Batten) .[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
          X