Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SDSU Football 2030 (Fun Hypothetical Ideas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Football 2030 (Fun Hypothetical Ideas)

I had some thoughts about the future of SDSU football and cool things I would love to see. I’m going to make a list of hypothetical predictions and you guys can add your own. After we brought a thread back from 2003 this week I thought this could be cool to look back on someday.

2024- Dana J Dykhouse gets a second video board/scoreboard on the north side of stadium.
    2023- SDSU wins its first National Championship on a game winning touchdown pass from Mark Gronowski to Chase Mason (switched to WR).
    2023- Fresh of a National Championship, Stig rides off into the sunset into retirement. A statue is erected in honor of Stig in the main concourse of DJDS. Stig makes a sizable donation and the press box is named after him.
    2023- Jimmy Rogers is named head coach.
    2023?- Tucker Kraft gets drafted in the second round of NFL draft.
    2024- Mark Gronowski drafted in the 4th round. Isaiah Davis drafted in the 5th round.
    2026- Christian Rozeboom hangs up the cleats in the NFL. Gets hired as linebackers coach at his Alma Mater, SDSU.
    2027- Dallas Goedert signs with the Vikings.
    2028- SDSU, NDSU, Montana, Montana St, Northern Iowa, and others form a FBS football conference.
    2030- SDSU wins its first bowl game

I know this is stupid but I’m bored and miss football. Drop other predictions below. I’ll check back in 2030!

Oh ya, I forgot.
    In the next couple years- Scott Frost gets fired, Nash Hutmacher decides to transfer to SDSU to finish his football career. Proceeds to get drafted and has a long successful NFL career.

Comment

2031-Plans are drafted to build an upper deck at the DJDS. Over flowing crowds and high playoff ticket demand are the impetus.
      2032-The BOR not only approves the upper deck plan, they encourage it as the revenue from the 2025 move to sell alcohol in the stadium is funding the entire project.
      2035-The Pride of South Dakota announces they have completed their drive to fully scholarship 400 members of the athletic bands. Dr. Kevin Kessler's tireless work and non-stop lemonade (and vodka) stands have made this possible. Good on 'ya Doc.
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
        2035-The Pride of the Dakotas announces they have completed their drive to fully scholarship 400 members of the athletic bands. Dr. Kevin Kessler's tireless work and non-stop lemonade (and vodka) stands have made this possible. Good on 'ya Doc.
        Fixed it for you.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
        -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Working...
        X