No announcement yet.

Eck Leaving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An argument can be made on if they are actually good coaches, but he has coached with a few "big names." Carl Pelini was the Head Coach at FAU. Todd Monken at Southern Miss, now the OC for Georgia, and previously an NFL OC. Eastern Michigan had Kalen DeBoer at OC, former USF HC and now Washington HC. Kansas had Les Miles. The problem is aside from Eastern Michigan, most of these were failures for one reason or another...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
      From what I remember Meadows had a pretty balanced attack. RBs like Minnett and Koenig led the way during his tenure. Some good WRs too like Jaron Harris and Glen Fox, and QBs like Kardoes and Berry. Some OL he had were Ryan McKnight, Will Castle, Casey Knips and Jonathan Fick.
      Meadows seemed to be a more traditional offense and running formations. Didnt seem to do as much for shifting and if we had extra blockers we were running, if we had extra WR we were passing. It was effective but pretty conservative and traditional. Some of those years though with a couple solid running backs. we had a split back or Y formation with Koenig and ....... I forget, but it seemed like it was very effective and we ran multiple plays out of if. It would honestly be a great formation for this team with STrong and Davis......Having both Heinz and kraft on the end of the lines to block for the run play, you can go either direction, have a lead blocker, roll one to the flats and one to pick up the blitz, have the tight ends break off if the D presses the run to much.....Someone email Stig or Eck, tell them i have it figured out. This honestly seems like the game we need to show a new wrinkle or two. Something that MSU cant know exactly how to defend from past games.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
        Does Eck coach in the playoffs or tell him to go kick rocks? Hopefully the other coaches touch base with anybody we are recruiting.
        I think he is gone, but not until after SDSUs season is over. Win or lose, I think he takes the job.
        It looks like he is doing it the right way.

Comment

I think it's Eck's job, and he's going to go.

We've lost OC's before, and done alright.
          Eidsness we lost TWICE
          The guy who left for Colorado State...but I can't remember his name.
          Meadows (FAU)

Meadows was promoted in house, Eidsness was promoted in house (first time), and Eck was promoted in house.

Schleusner seems to be the next up for OC (as he is passing game coordinator under Eck... just like Eck was run game coordinator under Eidsness).

Losing coordinators to Higher schools or Head Coaching jobs are a good thing. It means our program is successful.

HC in waiting? I don't know about that. I don't think the necessarily have to go in house for that.

Eidsness or Jackson could come back? Maybe Eck turns around Idaho after a few years, and comes back? You never know.

It could be Rogers? It could be someone we're not even thinking of.

Stig is 65. Honestly, he could stay another 7 years easily, if he wants to?

I have no inside information, but I'm sure Eck would stay on through the playoff run.

Comment

Ndsu has dealt with coaching changes, did their coaches stay through playoffs or did the get hired before season was over? Im trying to think if there are any comparable fcs coaches to compare
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Ndsu has dealt with coaching changes, did their coaches stay through playoffs or did the get hired before season was over? Im trying to think if there are any comparable fcs coaches to compare
              Klieman and Bohl both announced they were leaving during the playoffs but stayed until the season was over.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post

Klieman and Bohl both announced they were leaving during the playoffs but stayed until the season was over.
                Thanks, I would expect that to be the same here then. At the FBS I dont think they wait usually but was wondering if FCS schools would be a little more patient and allow a coach to finish espcially something like this. FBS schools have bigger staffs and more resources so can probably absorb the loss a little better.

Comment

Sam Houston State's OC Ryan Carty was rumored to be the next HC at Delaware around Dec 7th and was officially announced on Friday the 10th. The official press conference was to take place the upcoming Monday. The plan was for him to finish the playoff run with SHSU, but as we know they got walloped the next day by Montana State. As Slowhand and others have mentioned, if Eck is the guy, they're going about things the right way, much to the dismay of Vandal fans who have been without a HC for a month.
                  Last edited by peavy; 12-17-2021, 05:28 PM. Reason: additional details

Comment

As I recall, Meadows was a somewhat controversial o-coordinator with hard-core fans because the Jacks' run-heavy offense seemed predictable. Stig always defended him, though. No o-coordinator (or head coach) will ever be completely immune from second-guessers, of course.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

I'm not sure if this is even worth posting since all of these people have <800 followers, so I won't bother posting the tweet images
                      Tubs at the Club, the podcast who first broke the Petrino story (based on a quick twitter history search this seems to be accurate) says it'll be Eck. A Vandal beat writer for the Lewiston Tribune says it'll be announced today 'per source' (the podcast doesn't back this bit but does retweet it).

link to beat writer tweet announcing hire will be today - https://twitter.com/StephanSports/st...94584767279104
                      link to Tubs at the Club - they've just been retweeting beat writer / newspaper - first few tweets after the pin https://twitter.com/Tubsattheclub
                      link to Lewiston Tribune announcing article https://twitter.com/LewTrib_Sports/s...35394766376960
                      link to article:https://lmtribune.com/sports/source-...fae03b7b3.html

Comment

Good Riddance !!!

Comment

Eck is gone. Bruce Feldman of Fox Sports is reporting Eck is expected to accept the offer to be the Idaho head coach. Good luck in Moscow.

Comment

good thing is he is halfway there. probably doesn't even need to travel back with the team. Maybe he wasn't mentally prepared since he was thinking about his new pay day he is going to get. Just hope he doesnt try to steal any players or recruits. Maybe its just me but I would have loved to have him just focus on the O-line. that was really his strength

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              good thing is he is halfway there. probably doesn't even need to travel back with the team. Maybe he wasn't mentally prepared since he was thinking about his new pay day he is going to get. Just hope he doesnt try to steal any players or recruits. Maybe its just me but I would have loved to have him just focus on the O-line. that was really his strength
                              I hope he hasn't started a trend whereby Stig believes it's prudent to have dual OC/OL assignments. I genuinely believe Eck's dual roles hampered adjustments on OL, and offense in general, at times

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I hope he hasn't started a trend whereby Stig believes it's prudent to have dual OC/OL assignments. I genuinely believe Eck's dual roles hampered adjustments on OL, and offense in general, at times
                                I think so too. Same with co=D coords. Need one person for each spot. Also I hope they take the time to do a good search. easily could fill with in. probably could find some great coaches who would really do well given the chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X