Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eck Leaving?

https://lmtribune.com/sports/specula...9b40a0378.html

If it was any of these other coaches the announcement would probably have been made already.
    It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post
    https://lmtribune.com/sports/specula...9b40a0378.html

If it was any of these other coaches the announcement would probably have been made already.
    That’s my guess too. I think the staff has known for a little while that Stig was going to sign the extension til 2025, meaning Eck was going to be looking to move on one way or another since he is ready to be a HC. He’s had some head scratching games at times, but over all has been a good OC and has done wonders in developing our O line. He will be tough to replace, both as an OC and as an O line coach if he does move on. I blasted him pretty hard after the Sac State debacle, but he called an excellent game against Nova, and he’s had far more hits than he has misses. If he moves onto Idaho, I wish him luck. If he stays on staff to become the next HC here, I’ll be happy with that too.

Edit: Assuming Eck does leave, I think you can put money on Jimmy Rodgers as the next HC here. He is still fairly young, so a few extra years in the ranks to be groomed as Stig is on his way out would make sense. I could see Bergie, Eidsness or Meadows taking over too, but I figured it would be Rodgers or Eck, and this news points towards it being the former.

Comment

If Eck leaves… who would you guys like as OC?

Comment

I think Schluesner has a good grasp on this offense to run it. Lujan would be a dark horse too. It’d be nice to to get another really good Oline coach and have that be their sole job.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
          I think Schluesner has a good grasp on this offense to run it. Lujan would be a dark horse too. It’d be nice to to get another really good Oline coach and have that be their sole job.
          Perhaps this is a question as important as who the preferred OC would be.

Comment

Does Eck coach in the playoffs or tell him to go kick rocks? Hopefully the other coaches touch base with anybody we are recruiting.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
              Does Eck coach in the playoffs or tell him to go kick rocks? Hopefully the other coaches touch base with anybody we are recruiting.
              I hope he stays on through our run, whenever it ends. That’s a lot less disruptive. Plus, I don’t think we need to worry about him plucking our Midwestern talent to Moscow Idaho. I don’t see us having major recruiting battles with a team that far west

Comment

247 Sports is rumoring Eck is the guy https://247sports.com/Article/Colleg...ech-173446429/

Also, for those that love to rehire past coaches, Luke Meadows is looking for a job (again) as Troy fired their head coach and to this point the new HC has not retained Meadows. So let this add to the rumor mill as a replacement for Eck and future HC.
                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

If we win Saturday I wonder if Eck would stay until after National Championship game.

Comment

I’d support a return for Meadows, might be a tough get though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                      I’d support a return for Meadows, might be a tough get though.
                      He’s been at six schools since leaving SDSU after the 2011 season. Might be time to come back to the ranch and settle in. Not saying that would happen, but the coaching carousel he’s been on has to take a toll on family life eventually.
                      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I betting Eck is gone which is very frustrating to me. The man has done so much for elevating our O line to one of the elite units in FCS and done so much in the run game.
                        Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post

He’s been at six schools since leaving SDSU after the 2011 season. Might be time to come back to the ranch and settle in. Not saying that would happen, but the coaching carousel he’s been on has to take a toll on family life eventually.
                          Did he leave here just to gain experience elsewhere, knowing Stig might be here for awhile and there was no promotion coming in the foreseeable future? Gain knowledge from other coaches to someday come back as the SDSU HC or a HC elsewhere? Or did he have a falling out?

1999-2000 - SDSU GA
                          2001 - Wartburg OL
                          2002 - 2011 - SDSU OL, OC, AHC
                          2012 - 2013 - Florida Atlantic OL/OC
                          2014 - 2015 - Southern Miss OL
                          2016 - Garden City Community College OL / AHC
                          2017 - 2018 - Eastern Michigan OL and Run Game Coordinator
                          2019 - 2020 - Kansas OL
                          2021 - Troy OL

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post

Did he leave here just to gain experience elsewhere, knowing Stig might be here for awhile and there was no promotion coming in the foreseeable future? Gain knowledge from other coaches to someday come back as the SDSU HC or a HC elsewhere? Or did he have a falling out?

1999-2000 - SDSU GA
                            2001 - Wartburg OL
                            2002 - 2011 - SDSU OL, OC, AHC
                            2012 - 2013 - Florida Atlantic OL/OC
                            2014 - 2015 - Southern Miss OL
                            2016 - Garden City Community College OL / AHC
                            2017 - 2018 - Eastern Michigan OL and Run Game Coordinator
                            2019 - 2020 - Kansas OL
                            2021 - Troy OL
                            I believe it was for experience and there was no falling out. From what I can tell on Twitter, Stig still connects with Meadows and seems to be fond of him. I believe Meadows came for the semi-final game or the NC in the spring with his kids, so I don't believe there is any bad-blood.

I do not remember Meadows as the OC, can someone shed some light on his style? Looks like it would be a good fit with his OL background as well.

Comment

From what I remember Meadows had a pretty balanced attack. RBs like Minnett and Koenig led the way during his tenure. Some good WRs too like Jaron Harris and Glen Fox, and QBs like Kardoes and Berry. Some OL he had were Ryan McKnight, Will Castle, Casey Knips and Jonathan Fick.

Comment

Working...
                              X