Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

@ Sacramento State Hornets (NCAA FCS Second Round)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

, Toby Gerhart…a name I hadn’t thought of in a long time.

Comment

Sac State defiantly has a way more dynamic offense than Davis, they can definitely dink and dunk down the field, which has been an issue for our team. We will need to score early and get in front of them and but a big number up like last week. Lets let flash and the beast loose! Let go hogs!
      Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

After reading up on them, they sound like a dangerous team.

No one to focus on to stop, they spread it around.

On the other side, very good run defense and a ball hawking secondary.

The Jacks are going to have to have a good day. Which they are certainly capable of. But if the turnovers and penalties return, it could be a long evening. So let's not do that!

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

The Jacks are going to have to have a good day. Which they are certainly capable of. But if the turnovers and penalties return, it could be a long evening. So let's not do that!
          What's interesting is the exact statements can be made about the Jacks

Comment

Looks like Jacks last two opponents (UND & UC-Davis) and Hornets all have RBs in transfer portal.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

In the bits of their games Ive watched this year against Montana and Davis, they have looked very good. Their offense is proficient at the quick slants and quick outs, and they have QBs that can scramble - both things our defense has struggled with previously. They also have some playmakers at receiver and tight end and some quick, hard-nosed running backs. It is going to take a great effort from our defense to get stops on third downs.
              This team is definitely not Davis and won’t be a pushover. They were beating Davis 27-0 late in the fourth quarter, so I expect a stout defense too.

Comment

Originally posted by Crashola View Post
                Anyone else here going to the game? It’s an easy non-stop from here in Boise. But we are still trying to decide where to stay. If it is nice around campus with bars, restaurants, etc., we will stay around there. Downtown is out of the question - Sacramento Marathon is Sunday and rooms are $$$$$$.

If nothing else we will stay near the airport and Uber to East Sac/Campus for festivities and the game.
                As a result of the marathon, Saturday and Sunday will be busy around Sacramento. There are several hotels around Natomas that are close to the airport and an easy drive to J street tech. When we “have” to go there, we park in lot 10 which is just south of the stadium. Its easy in and out with less traffic than the other parking spots. I’ve debated about going. If it were a day game i likely would. Good luck, i see you guys knocking them off but they can be explosive on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post

In the bits of their games Ive watched this year against Montana and Davis, they have looked very good. Their offense is proficient at the quick slants and quick outs, and they have QBs that can scramble - both things our defense has struggled with previously. They also have some playmakers at receiver and tight end and some quick, hard-nosed running backs. It is going to take a great effort from our defense to get stops on third downs.
                  This team is definitely not Davis and won’t be a pushover. They were beating Davis 27-0 late in the fourth quarter, so I expect a stout defense too.
                  I agree with your assessment. I really think it boils down to how commited we are to running the ball and putting them in the meat grinder. I feel both Defenses are going to give up plenty of points (take the Over all day). The game will likely come down to what defense has more left in the tank late in the game. History says running the ball wears down defenses way more....hence establish the run! Throw in a gimmick play, take a shot here and there...then run the ball some more! (of course shutting the down and bringing backups in at some point in the 3rd quarter would even be better)

Comment

I looked into going until I discovered I needed the Fauci Ouchy in order to get in. But, flying from Watertown to Denver- Dever to Sac Int. would only be about $400. Game tickets are $5 (In case anyone is looking to make the trip)

Comment

Here are the extended highlights of Sac St going into Missoula and taking down the Griz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yr2qZXkzVs
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

I think this game is going to be closer than a lot of outsiders think. Seems like everyone has SDSU chalked up for a trip to Villanova already...

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                          I think this game is going to be closer than a lot of outsiders think. Seems like everyone has SDSU chalked up for a trip to Villanova already...
                          I agree this game is far from won even if we don't give it away. These teams that can sustain long drives and score TD off these long drives have been our kryptonite, that and mobile QBs that can turn a 3 and 10 into first downs with there legs. Stig has mentioned many times it is hard to account for a running QB.
                          Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

what sort of fans would we be if we didnt expect this team to get back to frisco again this year.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

agreed.

good team.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

what sort of fans would we be if we didnt expect this team to get back to frisco again this year.
                                I am talking about more like everyone outside of SDSU. I watched the Montana game highlights and I think it will be a lot closer than people think.

Comment

Working...
                                X