FCS Playoff Selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
    Looks like the committee wanted to see some MVFC vs Big Sky action.
    Likely the committee's way of ensuring the quarterfinals, and then likely the semifinals, aren't all Big Sky/MVFC vs. each other. Semifinals may still be.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Final four, too much to hope for? Mo. State, Jacks, UNI and the Bison! Go MVFC!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        MVFC and Big Sky took 11 of the 24 spots.
        The two FCS conferences that could/should move to FBS and largely be successful.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Combine them to be "The Big Valley "

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Big time fail.
            Seems like the Dakota States are the only States where these so called "journalists" can't differentiate between University of South Dakota (USD) and South Dakota State University (SDSU), and same for the two ND DI Universities. They've only had thirteen years to figure it out, and still can't. SMH

I guess they don't mind being thought of as stupid, or just plain lazy, having no pride in doing their jobs professionally . Times have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Seems like the Dakota States are the only States where these so called "journalists" can't differentiate between University of South Dakota (USD) and South Dakota State University (SDSU), and same for the two ND DI Universities. They've only had thirteen years to figure it out, and still can't. SMH

I guess they don't mind being thought of as stupid, or just plain lazy, having no pride in doing their jobs professionally . Times have changed.
              This always confounds me. Anyone familiar with college sports should get the concept and the importance of knowing which school you are referencing. Obviously this would never happen between Michigan/Michigan State. Perhaps people still have a vision of the Dakota's as frontier territories that can't possibly sustain multiple universities.
              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Anyone happen to see the quarterfinal scheduling for the FCS playoff?

Three games Friday (12/10) @ 11:00 AM; 6:00 PM and 9:00 PM
                One Game Saturday (12/11) @ 11:00 AM.
                Seems like an odd schedule. If the Jacks happen to win this week, their matchup with Villanova/Holy Cross is likely the least desirable game to the general public so I could easily see us in the Friday @ 11:00 AM slot. That would be quite the short turnaround, including playing a late game, travel from the west coast and to the east coast.

Comment

Hypothetical, if we win this weekend and Holy Cross wins this weekend. Who hosts the game? Is that a bid?

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                    Hypothetical, if we win this weekend and Holy Cross wins this weekend. Who hosts the game? Is that a bid?
                    99% chance the Jacks would host in this scenario. It would go to bids.

And the game times for the quarterfinals are odd to say the least. 11am on a Friday?! So dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks View Post
                      Anyone happen to see the quarterfinal scheduling for the FCS playoff?

Three games Friday (12/10) @ 11:00 AM; 6:00 PM and 9:00 PM
                      One Game Saturday (12/11) @ 11:00 AM.
                      Seems like an odd schedule. If the Jacks happen to win this week, their matchup with Villanova/Holy Cross is likely the least desirable game to the general public so I could easily see us in the Friday @ 11:00 AM slot. That would be quite the short turnaround, including playing a late game, travel from the west coast and to the east coast.
                      The only football game on 12/11 is Army/Navy. So why would they schedule 3 games on Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

The only football game on 12/11 is Army/Navy. So why would they schedule 3 games on Friday?
                        So no one goes to the games I would guess.......
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I would hope to get the Saturday AM game, but yeah that schedule blows.

Comment

Have the TV times been posted anywhere officially yet? I’d have a hard time believing there would be multiple quarterfinal games played during the day on a Friday. That’s never happened before. It’s always one Friday night game and three on Saturday. That would be very strange, even by FCS standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                              Have the TV times been posted anywhere officially yet? I’d have a hard time believing there would be multiple quarterfinal games played during the day on a Friday. That’s never happened before. It’s always one Friday night game and three on Saturday. That would be very strange, even by FCS standards.
                              https://fbschedules.com/fcs-playoff-schedule/

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

Wonder if the Heisman Trophy has anything to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X