No announcement yet.

Battle of SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am worried because of back to back rivalry games. This game probably means more to USD then it does to us sadly. hopefully coaches get them on board with another win only helps us in the playoff positioning. a loss and its devastating. USD is playing for playoffs right now. Hopefully we can ruin their chances a bit and send them home disapointed. They beat us last time but were afraid to play us last year so players need to get focused on beating USD like they deserve.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
      I get a little worried because there is still players posting stuff about NDSU. For us fans we hate USD probably as much if not more as NDSU, especially if your a South Dakota native. But we have to realize a lot of players we recruit come from elsewhere and NDSU is the dragon to slay on the schedule each year. Really worried about a let down game but hopefully we can get moved on and focused. This won’t be an easy one, but we need to win out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I graduated from SDSU in 2010 so USD means very little to me or at least until they beat us 2 years ago. They have always felt like a little brother and not a rival. Hopefully the team realizes the implications of this game. That's disappointing if players are still posting about beating NDSU and that seems to go against Stigs 24 hour rule. The team better not be taking this USD squad lightly.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I think the Jacks will come out focused and ready. Most players that were there in 2019 are still embarrassed to this day to lose to USD so there is a revenge factor at play too. Need to punch them in the mouth and score right away to calm the crowd a bit. The USD Ticket Office should be thanking Jackrabbit nation for this sellout as I think they were averaging in the 6K range all season for attendance so pretty dismal.

Comment

The matchup I’m most curious to see is the 605hogs against USeDs D-line. This is the kind of game they could prove they are the best in the FCS…if they do this i believe it could get lopsided early. If USeDs d-line and LBs can turn it to their favor it’ll be a long day on offense. I think(hope) this game truly uses the run to setup the pass.

Comment

They have a good team this year. What they did to UNI was no fluke. They didn't "get lucky". They went out and beat them. At UNI.

The Next week, UNI came to Brookings and beat us. Again, that wasn't a fluke. They deserved to win.

I don't think there will be any lack of focus or taking them too lightly.

And we could still lose this game.

Team is capable, and can beat anyone when playing their best. (see last weekend.)

If we can avoid the turnover bug, and the untimely penalties, I think they'll do well. (but with this team, those seem to happen sometimes.)

Comment

For those that are interested, 5dines has total pts at 50 1/2 and -10 to the Jacks. I think most USeD fans are going to take those odds. I’m not a gambler, but I think I’d take the over on total points and take the Jacks at -10. I think it’ll be a close game until the 4th then depth will become the difference maker.

Comment

It seems like we never play very well on Hobo Day and in the dome. Hopefully the Jacks come out ready and spank the mutts.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

[QUOTE=da_coach;n518287

If we can avoid the turnover bug, and the untimely penalties, I think they'll do well. (but with this team, those seem to happen sometimes.)[/QUOTE]

I agree that turnovers and penalties will be the main reason SDSU could lose this game.

Earlier in the season, they were missing four defensive starters and they should all be back playing. Two of them are argubaly their best defenders.
                  There is more talk about Davis being back for this game (I only want to see him if he is healthy). I think you could say that Strong and him are the best offensive players on the team. You always have to rank the QB up there but Davis can help any QB.
                  SDSU might be as healthy as they have been since week 2. That would be the third key to this game.

I know that it is "next man up" but when you take out all-Americans and put in third stringers, it make a difference.
                  I'm not saying this because SDSU should not have lost earlier but because they are a better team than they were earlier in the season and that will make SDSU better.

I sure hope the team knows that they are playing in a dome and USD likes to keep the temp fairly warm.

Comment

Peeked at the USD board and they seem confident… I’m really hoping to enjoy a SDSU win on Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the Yote fans have a right to be confident as do we.

i believe PS2 has only 1 game against the Yotes, he managed 253 on the ground. Honestly hope he can match that and have his career total against them go over 500.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                        I think the Yote fans have a right to be confident as do we.

i believe PS2 has only 1 game against the Yotes, he managed 253 on the ground. Honestly hope he can match that and have his career total against them go over 500.
                        I'm hoping that Davis gets 10-12 carries in this game so if PS2 gets that many years on the ground, it should be a really big rushing day for SDSU.

Comment

The Jacks head to Verm tomorrow to take on the Yotes. This is a big big game for both programs and it is not just for in-state bragging rights this year. Here is what to watch. #GoJacks
                          https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...tch-usd-2.html
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I see they are vulnerable to the pass statistically. I have a feeling the offense is going to get whatever it wants tomorrow. Style points.

Comment

I think we will know in the first quarter who is going to win this game. If the jacks come out playing to not lose, they’ll get beat. If they come out attacking and aggressive, I think we put them away early. 31-14 Jacks.

Comment

I hope we don’t abandon the run early and pass over 50 times like uni. I feel we need to play to our strengths more than their weaknesses. Would be great to get David back and work him up to game speed by the end of the regular season.

Comment

Working...
                                X