Battle of SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of SD

Two years of waiting…two years of the yotes holding this win over our heads.

They will be hungry to keep the streak alive, playing to make the playoffs and secure a winning record in the MVFC.

Lots of improvement for the Yotes from the spring and they are dangerous. They seem to be getting very good line play on both sides of the ball. Camp is establishing himself as a good young QB.

We seem to be getting healthy at some good spots. I think it’s a game that Davis could do very well with his style…but I’m also ok if he doesn’t go. PS2 is another level right now.

#605 Hogs seemed to get right yesterday looking forward to more of that. The #chaingang was disruptive. No secret that win the trenches and you’ll likely win. I like our chances there.

TEs could have a monster game too opening up the deep Janke routes.

I hope we can stay hydrated and avoid cramping…tired of the USeD fans squawking about crampgate.

Is it Saturday yet? Lol

#BlueState

#trenchwarfare

#Betterdeadthanred
    Last edited by Jackedforlife; 11-09-2021, 09:38 AM.

Only single seat tickets remain with very few multiples in the corner of the end zone. On a side note, the noise level and fan involvement was the best I can ever remember. Even my club level section and the suites above were fantastic. Hope the BLUE can make a difference down at coyote college.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
      Two years of waiting…two years of the yotes holding this win over our heads.

They will be hungry to keep the streak alive, playing to make the playoffs and secure a winning record in the MVFC.

Lots of improvement for the Yotes from the spring and they are dangerous. They seem to be getting very good line play on both sides of the ball. Camp is establishing himself as a good young QB.

We seem to be getting healthy at some good spots. I think it’s a game that Davis could do very well with his style…but I’m also ok if he doesn’t go. PS2 is another level right now.

#605 Hogs seemed to get right yesterday looking forward to lord of that. The #chaingang were disruptive. No secret that win the trenches and you’ll likely win. I like our chances there.

TEs could have a monster game too opening up the deep Janke routes.

I hope we can stay hydrated and avoid cramping…tired of the USeD fans squawking about crampgate.

Is it Saturday yet? Lol
      I'd rather not have Davis play on what's essentially green concrete.

I think this could be a game Bauer and Voss provide sparks, as 'Yotes focus on stopping Strong, the Jankes, and Kraft.
      Last edited by jakejc795; 11-07-2021, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
        Only single seat tickets remain with very few multiples in the corner of the end zone. On a side note, the noise level and fan involvement was the best I can ever remember. Even my club level section and the suites above were fantastic. Hope the BLUE can make a difference down at coyote college.
        Family and I will be making the trek. I went with a friend (having 'Yotely ties) in 2019, so hopefully additional Jacks fans will turn the tide this year.
        Last edited by jakejc795; 11-07-2021, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I'd rather not have Davis play on what's essentially green concrete.

I think this could be a game Bauer and Voss provide sparks, as 'Yotes focus on stopping Strong, the Jankes, and Kraft.
          I will say that the reno has improved the quality of the turf and it’s essentially the same quality as the SJAC.

I would like to see more Voss and even get him some passing reps out of that formation for film.

For me the jury is still out on the blended 3 shell game wildcat the offense runs about a dozen times a game.

looking forward to Tolu and Winkelman being super disruptive.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post

I will say that the reno has improved the quality of the turf and it’s essentially the same quality as the SJAC.

I would like to see more Voss and even get him some passing reps out of that formation for film.

For me the jury is still out on the blended 3 shell game wildcat the offense runs about a dozen times a game.

looking forward to Tolu and Winkelman being super disruptive.
            I'll take your word for it re. turf, and I would definitely like to celebrate some D-line disruption of those mangy 'Yotes

Comment

Did Gardner or Davis play on Saturday? I would feel better if those two are getting some playing time.
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                Did Gardner or Davis play on Saturday? I would feel better if those two are getting some playing time.
                Gardner played with a cast on his left arm. Davis suited up for warmups and then was in street clothes for game.

Comment

I think this game comes down to how the O-line/Chris handle pressure and the environment. Okay a clean game and don’t create negative plays and turn it over and I think our O is good enough to put points on the board. Their O is improved, but I think our D can keep them contained. Really important to weather the storm because you know they’ll trade punches early. Pretty much every game we’ve had down there in the D1 era has been competitive. Given the 2019 result and the fact that they are still playing for something, I expect them to give everything they’ve got. We just have to be better and stay collected. Lean on the run game and break it open with the pass.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Gardner played with a cast on his left arm. Davis suited up for warmups and then was in street clothes for game.
                    It was great to see Don out there. Really boosted the team and Stig mentioned how fired up they were when he told them pregame that he was starting. I would bet Davis plays in Vermillion

Comment

Here is my preview of an improved USD squad. Should be a fun one. https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...th-dakota.html
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I got SDSU 35-21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jackrabbits 43, Yolks 6

Comment

Looks like USD really likes to run the ball and we have proven to have a very tough run D that will force them to throw the ball. We will definitely need to have more success threw the air then we did last week. I like the physicality of our football team and going with a 35-17 line. Gojacks

Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

I get a little worried because there is still players posting stuff about NDSU. For us fans we hate USD probably as much if not more as NDSU, especially if your a South Dakota native. But we have to realize a lot of players we recruit come from elsewhere and NDSU is the dragon to slay on the schedule each year. Really worried about a let down game but hopefully we can get moved on and focused. This won’t be an easy one, but we need to win out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X