Marker Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post
    SDSU needs this one more than the Bison. It's in Brookings which may or may not matter. I'd like to think we'll come out determined and what not knowing how crucial a win would be. But who knows. Probably a 50/50 chance.
    I think we will come out confident and hungry. Confident since we were the better team this spring and physically pushed them around, and hungry because we have had some miscues and need to prove it still. I like our chances in this one.

Comment

I don't feel good about this game at all. Teams have figured out how to play us. See SIU and UNI. Stack the box to keep Pierre in check, and Man up on the outside WR's.
      (Which is why our TE's have gotten so much action, they are manned up on LBers, most of the time)

Chris is an excellent passer. But he does tend to take a long time to make a decision. Which was why I really liked the early scramble against Youngstown. Just took off. Too many times he holds it too long.

NDSU has a Front 7 that will be better (and deeper) than UNI and SIU's. And they have excellent DB's as well.

Loved seeing Rudy come in this week, and run some of Mark's designed QB runs. I'm sure we'll see something like that this week. (and hopefully we mix it up on em too)

The Youngstown game was great, but again... too many penalties, and mistakes. (much like the SIU game, except Youngstown is much worse).

If we turn it over twice in the first half, and have 4 penalties on the same drive against the Bison, it's going to be big trouble.

Our safeties ARE biting on play action too much, and that's why UNI got those big plays, and why SIU was able to do the same.

We have the talent and the ability to beat the Bison (which hasn't always been the case). We have to play a better, more complete game, and avoid the self inflicted stuff to win.
      (and we haven't been doing that much this year)

I hope I'm wrong. I hope the team puts it all together and rolls.

Comment

I get all of the concerns. They are well founded. However, I'm going to hang my hat on the fact that over the last decade, the Jacks have come up with game plans and executed them very well against the Bison. Nobody has a better record against them than the Jacks. I expect Stig, Eck, Rogers, et all to do just exactly that. I expect both teams to play well and for this to be another classic for the Dakota Marker.

A win and the Jacks can get their MoJo back and it could carry them all the way to Frisco. A loss and just making the playoffs becomes very sketchy.

I always have plenty of respect for the Bison and what they program that they run. They are the standard for which all teams in FCS are measured. We are gaining slowly but surely on them. I hate losing to them!

My money is on the Jacks. I liked what I saw last week on both sides of the ball. That is what they need to bring every week from here on out. Do that and let the chips fall where they may.

GBGBGJ & Buck the Fizon!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

We won last week because we wore white pants on the road. If we go blue psnts at home against ndsu it will be a lose. White or yellow pants and we have more then a punchers chance to win.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            We won last week because we wore white pants on the road. If we go blue psnts at home against ndsu it will be a lose. White or yellow pants and we have more then a punchers chance to win.
            Most accurate post of the year. For the love of God, blue tops and white pants…

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post
              SDSU needs this one more than the Bison. It's in Brookings which may or may not matter. I'd like to think we'll come out determined and what not knowing how crucial a win would be. But who knows. Probably a 50/50 chance.
              Sagarin would agree; has it as a pick em. http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

I think we will come out confident and hungry. Confident since we were the better team this spring and physically pushed them around, and hungry because we have had some miscues and need to prove it still. I like our chances in this one.
                You may be right. Can't imagine the metrics take into account things like hunger and apathy etc.

Comment

Here is the preview for NDSU. https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...ota-state.html

Granted they haven't played a great offense outside of Missouri State but this NDSU defense is outstanding especially when you consider they are doing it without Waege, Weerts and Kaczour.
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Hey guys, long time no see. If Cam Miller starts, I think this will be a good game that the Bison can win. Gonna be a battle of field position and a fairly low scoring game. I would say if either team reaches 28 points it is theirs...but I don't see either team getting that much. If QP2 starts...I think we lose by 10. We can't win against you if we are one-dimensional...just won't happen...and the occasional completed long pass won't be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                      Hey guys, long time no see. If Cam Miller starts, I think this will be a good game that the Bison can win. Gonna be a battle of field position and a fairly low scoring game. I would say if either team reaches 28 points it is theirs...but I don't see either team getting that much. If QP2 starts...I think we lose by 10. We can't win against you if we are one-dimensional...just won't happen...and the occasional completed long pass won't be enough.
                      I agree with you that I don’t think either team hits the high 20’s. This feels like a 20-10 type game, one way or the other. I also think the winning team will win by more than a score. Something has to give. Either our Offense will be anemic and won’t put points on the board, or your offense will become too 1 dimensional and can’t put points on the board. As always, the best O and D line will win the game on Saturday.

Comment

Isaiah Davis is dressed and practicing today
                        https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...197274121?s=21
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Seeing some fresh Davis Saturday could be worth the price on admission

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                            Here is the preview for NDSU. https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...ota-state.html

Granted they haven't played a great offense outside of Missouri State but this NDSU defense is outstanding especially when you consider they are doing it without Waege, Weerts and Kaczour.
                            Another excellent preview.

​​​Hoping it's not as close as your prediction, but I'm a fan of the end result.

Comment

I what worries me the most about the stink cows are Watson and there tall TE catches jump balls down the field. Seems I'm getting flashbacks for some reason.
                              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Really interested to see how much Davis being back impacts the Kay calling on offense. We definitely seemed to hit our stride against YSU last week compared to the last several games. And we can’t just rely on Davis to split carries with Strong right off the bat (I would think?), but I’m sure he will see the field. If anything, it probably helps commit to more power running with all of our backs since we have that depth back. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Amar still get 5 carries this game. I also expect to see a lot of play action when Davis is in.

Comment

Working...
                                X