• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On To Youngstown

Depth chart was released today - changes noted below:

No changes to the offense

Defense:
    - So DE Caden Johnson was out last game but is now back but listed as the #3 DE on the right side instead of his usual #2 DE on the left side. New #2 DE is RFR Randy Keumogne.
    - Will LB sees Isaiah Stahlbird back as the back-up to #1 Graham Spalding. RFR Safety Daeton McGaughy is listed as #3 Will backer. Interesting to see if that's a position switch. Daeton seems to have the size to play that tweener LB spot for the Jacks.
    - Sam LB Logan Backhaus has the same designation as last week. Listed #1 on the depth chart but listed as an 'or' with Caleb Francl. Assume that means he was close last week but ultimately didn't dress and still not a for sure thing for Saturday, but getting closer.
    - Cale Reeder continues to be listed as the starter at FS with Manchigiah listed as 'or' spot. I'm not sure if Manchigiah lost that starting role due to injury, lacklaster play, or just strong performance from Reeder. I would say that Reeder does a good job of flying up in run support but it seems that when he gets matched up man-on-man in blitz packages it's his guy that makes the catch to convert a 3rd and long.
    - True freshman Colby Huerter is listed as the #3 FS. Assume similar to CB Myles Taylor at WIU they are bringing some true freshman along on the road trip and will get a little playing time in prep for next year. Keep an eye out for those true freshman who are getting those opportunities because they are probably seen as players that could have roles next season.

Injured Players:
    Starting QB - Mark Gronowski (Season)
    Starting Slot WR/PR - Landon Wolf (Season)
    #2 RB - Isaiah Davis (~3 more weeks) (5 of 8 weeks)
    Starting DE - Quinton Hicks (Sounds like the season?)
    Starting LB - Logan Backhaus (potentially back this week)
    Starting CB - Donald Gardner (~4 more weeks) (4 of 8 weeks)
    #2 SS - Chase Norblade (Believe he went out in the SIU game and haven't heard how severe the injury was)
    #2 Mike LB - Saiveon Williamson (Have seen him on the sidelines but hasn't dressed this season - assume he's injured?)
    Staring Punter - Hunter Dustman (Missed last game, not sure of injury severity/timeline)

Any detail above on injuries are just barely educated guesses. As Zimmer has said before, Stig doesn't like to give specifics on injuries so Zim doesn't bother asking.

Saveion Williamson had a serious injury in the championship game. I assume he is out for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Saveion Williamson had a serious injury in the championship game. I assume he is out for the season.
      Torn Achilles Tendon I had heard I think? That's a solid year of rehab.

Comment

Here is the JI preview of YSU. https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...own-state.html #GoJacks

Thanks to everyone who reads and listens to our content!
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Nothing to do with YTown...however, if you are looking for tickets for the Jacks vs. the Thundering Turds, I posted some on the ticket exchange.

Comment

I think we will know in the first quarter if this team has successfully hit the reset button and is ready to play to their potential. If we come out sluggish and disjointed in the first half, I’m going to become very pessimistic about our chances of making the post season. The boys have been punched in the mouth twice this year and didn’t respond well at all. That either gets fixed this week or they’re going to take on that defeatist position for the rest of the year. At some point, it becomes habit. This is a huge game against a dangerous team and an opportunity to start some positive momentum in the final stretch of the season. Let’s hope they don’t squander it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
              I think we will know in the first quarter if this team has successfully hit the reset button and is ready to play to their potential. If we come out sluggish and disjointed in the first half, I’m going to become very pessimistic about our chances of making the post season. The boys have been punched in the mouth twice this year and didn’t respond well at all. That either gets fixed this week or they’re going to take on that defeatist position for the rest of the year. At some point, it becomes habit. This is a huge game against a dangerous team and an opportunity to start some positive momentum in the final stretch of the season. Let’s hope they don’t squander it.
              The 605 Hogs especially need to come out and establish control of the line of scrimmage from the beginning. The talent to do that is certainly there to do that, but it didn't happen against UNI.

Comment

Here is what het JI team is keeping an eye on in this matchup.
                https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...tch-ysu-2.html
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                X