You ain't just whistlin' Dixie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You ain't just whistlin' Dixie!

What do we know about Saturday's opponent? Dixie State is coming off a bye week after its prior game: UC-Davis spanked the Trailblazers 60-27. Dixie State travels to Brookings with an 0-3 record.

Here's a story about the Dixie State trip to Davis from the Spectrum newspaper, St. George, Ut;

​​​​​​https://www.thespectrum.com/story/sp...ad/8410351002/

On paper, the Jackrabbits look like too much for the Traillazers.

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    What do we know about Saturday's opponent? Dixie State is coming off a bye week after its prior game: UC-Davis spanked the Trailblazers 60-27. Dixie State travels to Brookings with an 0-3 record.

Here's a story about the Dixie State trip to Davis from the Spectrum newspaper, St. George, Ut;

​​​​​​https://www.thespectrum.com/story/sp...ad/8410351002/

On paper, the Jackrabbits look like too much for the Traillazers.
    Looks like they've used the Snow College "feeder system" for several players, including former Sycamore DL Isaac Fotu, which probably isn't suprising given their head coach formerly coaching there.

Their special teams coach is former NFL coach Jim Fassel's son

Comment

It is also being promoted as Jacks in Black. It a blackout all fans are encouraged (need) to wear black.
      We...ARE...STATE!
      SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Blogs:
        What to Watch: https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...xie-state.html
        What's Cookin': https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...am-burger.html
        Dixie State Preview: https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...xie-state.html

Pods:
        A-Team: https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrt...w-2021-e17v0e9
        B-Team: https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrt...-State-e184usb
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
          It is also being promoted as Jacks in Black. It a blackout all fans are encouraged (need) to wear black.
          Ugh, I know some like it, but I never feel the team plays taht well in black uniforms.

Also who wants to take a bet on who has a season ending injury this week? My guess is Defense and it will be a lineman this time........See if the injury bug strikes again. bewteen the football, and mens and womens basketball its like there is something in the water in Brookings since we seem to get more then our fair share of injuries.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

Ugh, I know some like it, but I never feel the team plays taht well in black uniforms.

Also who wants to take a bet on who has a season ending injury this week? My guess is Defense and it will be a lineman this time........See if the injury bug strikes again. bewteen the football, and mens and womens basketball its like there is something in the water in Brookings since we seem to get more then our fair share of injuries.
            Try and wear your positive pants tomorrow. WoW!

Comment

Sorry. I wear blue.
              Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

By the law of averages, you’d think our injury situation the last few years should start to ease up. Although we’ve had what seems like an unfair amount of season ending/severe injuries in football, men, and ebb the last few years, we also basically didn’t have a significant skill player in football (except for Sumner in 2014) lose a season the first 2/3s of the decade. I’m concerned about our injuries, but mostly because of how it impacts our play calling and the chance for injury to PSJ. PSJ has never been a power back in the same way that Mikey Daniel or Davis are (were) and without the luxury of calling QB power, I think dominating teams on the ground the same way we did the last two months of the spring will be harder. Strong can’t continue to get 25 carries a game, and although our passing game looks great, we still have to be able to run the ball effectively in the Valley to win. It would definitely take some heat off if the two freshmen RBs can start to take 5+ carries a game

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

WTF! Really take a bet over who gets hurt? If the color of the uniform is having an impact on our quality of play we have bigger problems!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

WTF! Really take a bet over who gets hurt? If the color of the uniform is having an impact on our quality of play we have bigger problems!
                    I mean, I think superstitions like that are pretty normal and well-founded. I still get nervous when I see us come out on the road in white tops and yellow pants after what Illinois State did to us in that combo in Normal in 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

I mean, I think superstitions like that are pretty normal and well-founded. I still get nervous when I see us come out on the road in white tops and yellow pants after what Illinois State did to us in that combo in Normal in 2014.
                      Right. Its sports, thats how it goes. With fans and uniforms. I agree the white tops and banana pants is cringeworthy. Plus im more a traditionalist and like seeing sdsu in blue and yellow. Crazy i know. Plus the injury comment i think was pretty tongue in cheek. Sorry if making a bad joke about it offended anyone.

The game should be over quickly so im more just looking forward to another dominant sdsu win. And yes i hope injury free. We have paid our fair share of injuries so some other team can have a few now.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

I feel certain combinations for our uniforms just have better outcomes. At home, blue tops and yellow or white psnts i feel the team plsys better then in all blues. Look at rhe playoffs this spring as example. And road we are better in all whites and white tops and blue pants then we are ehite tops and yellow pants. Imho. Plus this game should be a cake walk so not too worried compared to conference play. Those games will be a dog fight or any other analogy you want to use.

Comment

Can we at least recognize the social media pics of them in the black tops and white bottoms are bad? If we're going for a blackout, let's stick to black. Black top and white bottom shouldn't be unlucky, but it looks ugly.
                          Rollin' in my 5.0
                          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                            Can we at least recognize the social media pics of them in the black tops and white bottoms are bad? If we're going for a blackout, let's stick to black. Black top and white bottom shouldn't be unlucky, but it looks ugly.
                            Didntnseem them but would agree i cant see that a good combo.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                              I own nearly a month's worth of Jacks shirts, but none of them are black (because I tend to "overheat" in that), and black t-shirt options are rare even on Jackrabbit Central.

I wish they'd delayed the theme to "Blackout the Bison" where I could potentially have a black jacket over a Jacks shirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X