X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JACKGUYII
    replied
    David Alpers was sharing his offense and defensive highlights on Twitter a week ago so imagine based on him not signing today may be no longer headed to Brookings.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied
    How many do the Bison lose, how many are PWOs? I see Montana State has 17 signed. I don’t even know how many guys we have now are staying on for next year.

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied
    Meanwhile the Bison have 31 players committed. Consider me concerned.

Leave a comment:

• LARabbit
    replied
    I’m excited about the recruits we have signed! Numbers might not be as high as past years, but quality is there! With the transfer portal and it’s impacts on high school recruiting, it might pay off to have some open spots available for spring signing day.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Losing two to ISU-r I can attribute more to geography. It sure isn’t facilities, or recent team success.
    In the case of Keyhea, I believe someone said that a family issue recently surfaced that made him want to play closer to home. In Logan's case, the prospect of Davis being here three more years may have entered into the decision.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakPirate
    replied
    Has David Alpers from O'Gorman signed?

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied
    For every highly rated recruit it sure seems like there is a walk-on or underrated recruit that makes as much or more of an impact.

Pierre Strong for example was only getting DII offers I believe. He's turned out alright.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied
    Losing two to ISU-r I can attribute more to geography. It sure isn’t facilities, or recent team success.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    Whats more crazy to me is how do 2 recruit decommit and go to ISU-R. I can see ones going to FBS, or NDSU or a top ranked school. But 2 to that school? Seems highly unlikely.

Would like to see more O lineman. In the past it seems that has caught up to us not having balanced llinemen in every class. We typically have a very good to one of the best lines around, but when your playing more underclassman and facing lineman all uperclassman it seems like its been a factor in years past.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    This class is blah. Excited about Jalen Lee, Jace Sifore, Kaden Johnson and Quienton Christenson.
    Ususally there are only a few standouts from a class anyway. Jace is the one i am looking forward to seeing. In the Howard high school championship game he looked like a man among boys there. Probably needs to adjust to the phsycality of the college game but I see a lot of upside with him.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied
    Seriously? How many “great” recruits do we see sign and then never “show up” when they hit their redshirt season and are gone that spring semester. Thinking of Reginald Gandy vs Brady Mengarelli. I also think of guys like Chris Balster who show up and just get it and produce. I think this class has some splash but also a blue collar feel to it. It’s tough to judge though, but I can get excited about these guys.

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    This class is blah. Excited about Jalen Lee, Jace Sifore, Kaden Johnson and Quienton Christenson.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied
    Might not have as great a quantity for an initial signing but the guys that did are certainly high quality recruits. It’ll be interesting to see what transpires over the next month or two. Guys leaving, walk-ons earning schollies and so on.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied
    t
    Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
    Considering our success the last couple of seasons, this recruiting class really has taken a hit. Idk, do we look to hit the transfer portal to fill in some gaps? Not our style, but doesn't look like we were very successful hitting on our recruits.
    We over signed last year. I’m assuming some of the guys that walked on will get money now. However, they also didn’t expect all the 5th year seniors to leave who could have come back for a 6th COVID year. The Jan/Feb class will be bigger than we have seen.

Leave a comment:

• mitchell
    replied
    Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
    Considering our success the last couple of seasons, this recruiting class really has taken a hit. Idk, do we look to hit the transfer portal to fill in some gaps? Not our style, but doesn't look like we were very successful hitting on our recruits.
    Agree that this class is both smaller than most (in part by design because of SRs coming back) but also in ‘big names’ of recruits that hold lots of offers from other schools and lower tier FBS offers. Assume part of that is also because of being in the playoffs with less time to recruit over the last four weeks. Wouldn’t be surprised if we sign more than usual for the spring signing day. But if not, as this class gets older there might be a need to bulk up numbers with transfers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X