GDT: Lindenwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

It seems that designed QB runs have been reduced, which is probably a good thing. The 605 Hogs have done an excellent job of providing a pocket for Oladokun to work in, and he is very good at buying extra time……
    I hope they continue to protect Oladokun. Eck was like a drunken sailor calling QB runs in the spring. They were very effective, but it’s no surprise Gronowski ended up with a big brace on his knee.

Speaking of the”605 Hogs”, I was at Perkins in Brookings this morning and heard an older lady in the adjacent booth go on a mini tangent about this t-shirt she saw at the game which featured “605” on a razorback hog. She and her husband pondered what high school team it might represent and came to the conclusion that the wearer was just not too bright because “there are no razorbacks in SD”.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post

Why did Samford make him #2.
      Welch, the Spring starter, was on the Payton Award watch list, so he's not exactly a slouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

I hope they continue to protect Oladokun. Eck was like a drunken sailor calling QB runs in the spring. They were very effective, but it’s no surprise Gronowski ended up with a big brace on his knee.

Speaking of the”605 Hogs”, I was at Perkins in Brookings this morning and heard an older lady in the adjacent booth go on a mini tangent about this t-shirt she saw at the game which featured “605” on a razorback hog. She and her husband pondered what high school team it might represent and came to the conclusion that the wearer was just not too bright because “there are no razorbacks in SD”.
        Sounds like they're purveyors of the swinestream media. Reports like this beg to differ.

Seriously though, casual fans like that are what it'll take to garner 15k at games ... for now

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Welch, the Spring starter, was on the Payton Award watch list, so he's not exactly a slouch.
          Welch was 22 of 38 for 217 yds with 1 td and 2 INTs against Tennessee Martin, yes Tennessee Martin. If he's the better QB, and I doubt that, Oladokun made a very good decision to leave.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Welch was 22 of 38 for 217 yds with 1 td and 2 INTs against Tennessee Martin, yes Tennessee Martin. If he's the better QB, and I doubt that, Oladokun made a very good decision to leave.
            Never said Welch was the better QB. I'm just glad the Samford's staff seemed to think so (or at least led Oladokun to believe they did); otherwise, he wouldn't be here

Comment

Why did Samford make him #2.
              I'll be honest, I did not have high hopes for him after already leaving two colleges. It's kind of like the person who has been divorced 2, 3, maybe 4 times. At some point, maybe you're the problem? However, it definitely does not appear to be the case with Oladokun.

Comment

Samford runs a Mike Leach style offense, ala quick drops and short passes, trying to get the ball out quickly and get yards after catch. Chris is more suited for the offense we play, and it shows.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Welch ranked fourth nationally in pass yards per game and pass efficiency, he is expected to give 4000 yards a good run this fall. Also was conference offensive player of the year, sounds like Chris ran up against a better player. I would have to think both players are happy with their situation.

Comment

Lindenwood rumored to announce a move to D1, including FCS football, tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                      Lindenwood rumored to announce a move to D1, including FCS football, tomorrow morning.
                      An interesting development. Would generally fit in the Summit footprint as a potential partner for any of WIU, UMKC, or ORU.

A fairly small school with just 5,500 students, but is located in St. Louis and I think has done well in D2.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post

An interesting development. Would generally fit in the Summit footprint as a potential partner for any of WIU, UMKC, or ORU.

A fairly small school with just 5,500 students, but is located in St. Louis and I think has done well in D2.
                        Saw that they are expected to join the OVC.

Comment

FCS Football: The New DII

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            FCS Football: The New DII
                            YEP!
                            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                            X