No announcement yet.

GDT: @ Colorado State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As one of the few people on here so old as to remember those two earlier losses in the sixties by some terrible Ralph Ginn teams (never was able to adjust to platoon football), it's refreshing to see this kind of a turnaround compared to five+ decades ago. IIRC one of those years the Jacks lost to both CSU AND CSC (later Northern Colorado). What a find in that new QB. The kind of experience we really needed.

Comment

What a great night for Jackrabbit Nation! Statement win and amazing showing by the new QB, Oladokun. Jackrabbits are definitely national championship contenders. Can't wait to see these guys in action next week in Brookings!
      Rollin' in my 5.0
      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

That was fun.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Scott VanPelt on ESPN Sports Center showed Pierre Strong's long TD...he said "don't call them San Diego State". As the video clip wound down he was saying in the background "that's a nice win...that's a comfortable win." LOL. He's a fan. He received some Jacks gear several years ago when he called us San Diego State.

It will be interesting to see what Lindenwood can do against the Jacks if we're playing with the intensity we exhibited at times in Ft. Collins.

Comment

Great win. Bummer to lose Wolf for the year most likely. He was going to be special. Maybe he can get a medical redshirt? Who knows.

Comment

Quite a game. Could a QB debut to any better? I really liked the fact that our offense was smoking without using Oladokun as another RB. That’s great while it’s working but we all know how it’s likely to end.

Lindenwood or not, I’m really looking forward to being under the lights in Brookings next week. This team is clearly something special.

Comment

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/spo...te/5715646001/
                Last edited by OldHare; 09-04-2021, 06:45 AM.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

https://twitter.com/argusmattz?ref_s...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                    Great win. Bummer to lose Wolf for the year most likely. He was going to be special. Maybe he can get a medical redshirt? Who knows.
                    Hated seeing Wolf using crutches on sideline. He definitely had exciting prospects, and hopefully he can continue to pursue them with Jacks, if he wants

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      Scott VanPelt on ESPN Sports Center showed Pierre Strong's long TD...he said "don't call them San Diego State". As the video clip wound down he was saying in the background "that's a nice win...that's a comfortable win." LOL. He's a fan. He received some Jacks gear several years ago when he called us San Diego State.

It will be interesting to see what Lindenwood can do against the Jacks if we're playing with the intensity we exhibited at times in Ft. Collins.
                      I'd not be surprised if we only see the starters for the first quarter...if that long. We just need to be sure that Lindenwood doesn't Jackrabbit us like the Rams got Jackrabbited.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

I'd not be surprised if we only see the starters for the first quarter...if that long. We just need to be sure that Lindenwood doesn't Jackrabbit us like the Rams got Jackrabbited.
                        I don’t know, Stig likes to leave the starters out there a long time. One thing that’s different this year is that the team shouldn’t need a bunch of real game action to get up to speed. “Just stay healthy” might be the unspoken mantra the next few weeks.

If what you saw last night has you feeling Bisonville-optimistic there are still a few fully refundable, reasonably priced hotel rooms available for booking right beside the stadium in Frisco. There’s nothing to lose with the 24-hr cancellation policy. I know of four that got booked this AM - just in case…

Comment

An opinion piece from the Denver Post about the game and Colorado State, the writer has good quotes about SDSU in it...
                          The Big 12 isn't interested in a Rams football program that gets boat-raced at home by an FCS school — even a very good one. And Canvas Stadium could soon be the prettiest empty building in the Mountain West.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                            An opinion piece from the Denver Post about the game and Colorado State, the writer has good quotes about SDSU in it...
                            Stories like that are a big part of why it's just so darn much **fun** to beat FBS schools...in any revenue sport, really.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                            X