No announcement yet.

23 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lincoln Kienholz has picked up offers from Arkansas State and Colorado State.

Griffin Wilde with an offer from UND, in addition to SDSU and USD.

It looks to be a really solid year for SD talent as there's already a few with FBS offers. Also, SDSU offered Navarro Schunke, a 2024 OL/DL from Brandon Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post

It looks to be a really solid year for SD talent as there's already a few with FBS offers. Also, SDSU offered Navarro Schunke, a 2024 OL/DL from Brandon Valley.
      I'm glad we offered Navarro. I doubt we get him. If we do, whomever recruited him should get a hefty bonus. He's the real deal. When he finds the weight room, watch out!
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Kienholz adds a P5 offer from Pitt. Thought he may be overlooked by P5 schools, but apparently not. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Comment

Kienholz adds a P5 offer from Pitt. Thought he may be overlooked by P5 schools, but apparently not. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.
          recruiting and projecting kids is such a tough business!!

i can think of so many kids that i coached or coached against that were significantly over or under valued. both by colleges and in my own projecting!!

but wow i really think this kid is special!! i wish him the best no matter where he chooses (except maybe the bison and usd) haha kind of)) but i really really REALLY hope he is playing his home games in brookings!!!

Comment

Lincoln Kienholz has narrowed his decision down to four schools. Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming, and NDSU.

Comment

Lincoln Kienholz has narrowed his decision down to four schools. Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming, and NDSU.
              WOW that feels like a nightmare list for a rabbits fan

washington is a nightmare because it is another signal that the riggs/ deboer connection will just make it harder for us to keep the best kids home
              wyoming because WHAT is exciting about wyoming? even when they had josh allen nobody knew anything about them
              the bison is obvious because i want to cheer for Lincoln and cannot do that if he goes there! but also WHY the bison or badgers because there will ALWAYS be questions about throwing ability for a QB who goes there

also the jacks play in and win more big games than half of these schools. heck they even beat the bison more often than not for a while now (with the obvious problem of the bison still winning championships despite losing in season games to us)

Kansas would be better than those. that coach K at least let carson and easton throw enough to make people feel a little confident about what they could do. under entz, trey barely threw at all. the niners i think still are not sure what he can do

Comment

I’ve noticed over the last few years that we do not seem to get many of the better football players out of Pierre. Not sure if it’s just a coincidence, but between both Zabel brothers (one who decided to play baseball) and Kienholz, it feels like we’ve been beat out there more often than not. I don’t know if it’s coaching connections with the high school staff (or lack there of) or something else, but we should have landed one or two of the past several stars coming out of TF Riggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

I’ve noticed over the last few years that we do not seem to get many of the better football players out of Pierre. Not sure if it’s just a coincidence, but between both Zabel brothers (one who decided to play baseball) and Kienholz, it feels like we’ve been beat out there more often than not. I don’t know if it’s coaching connections with the high school staff (or lack there of) or something else, but we should have landed one or two of the past several stars coming out of TF Riggs.
                  Yes i think there is truth to your statement or your feeling. and i would say it is not just football, but male athletes overall

that said, they seem to come to brookings or leave the state completely. we did get layne severyn. he was an animal in HS, i was always surprised he never had a bigger role as a jack. but i also recall him being a more consistent shooter in HS. hard hard worker, big effort guy, but really struggled with shooting consistently and i think that was the big drawback to his playing time and his role. but his teammate, dont remember the name, went to creighton. started immediately as i recall, but also had a somewhat disappointing college career

cannot remember the other hoopster, about 6'7, michael something i think. also went to the bison. it seems to me for some reason the bison athletic staff has a strong connection in pierre

but we did get severyn. and recently, bollweg was pretty highly sought, as i recall, and he is on the current jacks football roster

i think we have had a couple WBB from pierre. most recent Sydney palmer. i think a good one before her also but cannot say for sure. is their current girls coach Lisa Kannigeitor OR however the heck you spell it

anyway it does seem like a significant % of their best athletes do not come to the jacks. yet it does seem like they come to brookings or they leave the state completely. and too many good ones go to fargo

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

Yes i think there is truth to your statement or your feeling. and i would say it is not just football, but male athletes overall

that said, they seem to come to brookings or leave the state completely. we did get layne severyn. he was an animal in HS, i was always surprised he never had a bigger role as a jack. but i also recall him being a more consistent shooter in HS. hard hard worker, big effort guy, but really struggled with shooting consistently and i think that was the big drawback to his playing time and his role. but his teammate, dont remember the name, went to creighton. started immediately as i recall, but also had a somewhat disappointing college career

cannot remember the other hoopster, about 6'7, michael something i think. also went to the bison. it seems to me for some reason the bison athletic staff has a strong connection in pierre

but we did get severyn. and recently, bollweg was pretty highly sought, as i recall, and he is on the current jacks football roster

i think we have had a couple WBB from pierre. most recent Sydney palmer. i think a good one before her also but cannot say for sure. is their current girls coach Lisa Kannigeitor OR however the heck you spell it

anyway it does seem like a significant % of their best athletes do not come to the jacks. yet it does seem like they come to brookings or they leave the state completely. and too many good ones go to fargo
                    Michael Tveidt was the Bison alum you're referring to (and Zach Hanson the Creighton alum), and Lisa Kannegieter has since married Al Bahe and moved to Brookings. Kirk Beebout is the current Govs' girls' BB coach

Steph Paluch is another Jacks WBB player from Pierre.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Michael Tveidt was the Bison alum you're referring to (and Zach Hanson the Creighton alum), and Lisa Kannegieter has since married Al Bahe and moved to Brookings. Kirk Beebout is the current Govs' girls' BB coach

HAHAH) ask and you shall receive)) i think you cleared up everyone of my uncertainties or whatever they are. thanks jake!

next question: is not related to the jacks necessarily, but is related to the pierre topic. isnt the current Pierre boys hoops coach a lady? is it a former local player. OBVIOUSLY i could look this up!! but this might give someone something to think about or talk about

also, any creighton fans or folks who watch lots of their games, do i remember correctly? I feel like they were pretty excited about Hanson when he got there. and i think he started, or at least played a lot, almost immediately. but i feel like his career was a bit disappointing or maybe more than a bit

Comment

HAHAH) ask and you shall receive)) i think you cleared up everyone of my uncertainties or whatever they are. thanks jake!

next question: is not related to the jacks necessarily, but is related to the pierre topic. isnt the current Pierre boys hoops coach a lady? is it a former local player. OBVIOUSLY i could look this up!! but this might give someone something to think about or talk about

also, any creighton fans or folks who watch lots of their games, do i remember correctly? I feel like they were pretty excited about Hanson when he got there. and i think he started, or at least played a lot, almost immediately. but i feel like his career was a bit disappointing or maybe more than a bit
                        Brianna Kusler is the Govs' boys' BB coach, but she's from Aberdeen

Comment

If what I heard is correct Nagy chose to offer Anthony Cordova from Roosevelt instead of Tveidt.

Some Pierre tracksters chose the Bison as well (believe it was a Tetzlaff & a McKittrick). We got some though too (Fitzke comes to mind).

As far as recently, other than Zabel's & Lincoln I don't remember any going on to the DI level (P Zabel chose Augie so he could play both FB & BB). We have Bollweg on the roster now (hurt his knee first fall camp).

Aric Williams was on the wrestling team for a time but I believe got in trouble and Garrett Stout (Governor's QB before Lincoln) was on the Jacks Baseball roster but I don't believe he is on the team anymore.

Back to Keinholz, I am a little disappointed that we didn't make the Final Four but realistically if Gronowski maintains his trajectory & stays healthy then Mason is healthy we have our QB for the next 5ish+ years. And if Lincoln wants to play he has to look at that.

I hope he chooses U of WA because I want to see what Deboer can do with him. Just my personal preference.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited by BitsTD; 05-26-2022, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Brianna Kusler is the Govs' boys' BB coach, but she's from Aberdeen
                            sorry for not being clear. i guess in this instance by local i meant a SD kid. so yes i would say local. but maybe i made it sound like i meant a Pierre native, sorry.

thanks again and now that you say the name, i am pretty sure she also played at northern and had a good career. i am guessing that she must be related to the Kusler who played along side Eric Kline back in the 80s

Comment

sorry for not being clear. i guess in this instance by local i meant a SD kid. so yes i would say local. but maybe i made it sound like i meant a Pierre native, sorry.

thanks again and now that you say the name, i am pretty sure she also played at northern and had a good career. i am guessing that she must be related to the Kusler who played along side Eric Kline back in the 80s
                              Yes, she was at NSU.

I wonder if she's related to the Kuslers at LB for Jacks FB team

Comment

You might be thinking of Steph Paluch way back, she was a good player for the Jacks from Pierre.

Comment

Working...
                                X