2020 (Spring 2021) FCS Playoffs: SDSU #1 Seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 (Spring 2021) FCS Playoffs: SDSU #1 Seed

New topic/thread for general FCS playoff discussion.
    "I think we'll be OK"

1. I’m rather surprised that NDSU wasn’t placed in our bracket.
    2. The selection committee didn’t do JMU, NDSU, or Sam Houston State any favors. That bracket is LOADED!
    3. I told my wife in no uncertain terms that we will drive to Frisco if the Jacks make it (only a three-hour drive from Nacogdoches).
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

With the success that the Jacks have had running the ball in the last two games, I would expect to see a lot of the power run game, especially against teams from conferences that don't play physical football like what is played in the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        With the success that the Jacks have had running the ball in the last two games, I would expect to see a lot of the power run game, especially against teams from conferences that don't play physical football like what is played in the Valley.
        Gotta stick with the horse that brought you. No offense to the WR group but the current formula is working. If anything i want to see more tight end involvement. We are crazy deep at tight end. The jankes seem to have top 2 WR spots locked down. Would like to see more formations in the run game. Im thinking split backs like Y formation instead of power. Stuff we use to run with koenig many years ago.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Interesting that Jacksonville State might have to come to Brookings on the road to Frisco.

JSU beat SDSU in the 1985 NCAA D-II men's basketball championship game 74-73.

Payback time?
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The Holy Cross forum had a post mentioning team's "five DB" alignment, with at least one undersized safety.

Assuming that's accurate, Crusaders' defenders and fans might hearken back to Monty Python's "Rabbit of Caerbannog" scene when contemplating the legendary Spring '21 Brookings 'Back Buzzsaw

Comment

The O-Line is playing phenomenal. We just put up 300+ yards rushing against NDSU. If we have kind of success in every playoff game, it's a one-way ticket straight to Frisco.

Comment

Sounds like the QB's for both JSU and Delaware have been injured in their quarterfinal game. Winner there plays winner of Jacks-SIU.

Comment

Sounds like the QB's for both JSU and Delaware have been injured in their quarterfinal game. Winner there plays winner of Jacks-SIU.
                  Blue Hen QB came back. Looked like shoulder sprain

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Blue Hen QB came back. Looked like shoulder sprain
                    Jacksonville defender trying to knock out Delaware QB with blatant targeting on sideline

Comment

SHSU imploding. Blocked punt for safety, kick return and punt return for NDSU.

Comment

Jacks need to win tonight and take advantage of JSU and Delaware both getting dinged up today. Close enough game so far that starters will have to play all game for both teams. Numerous players from both sides have been in and out.

Comment

I've been watching NDSU at Sam Houston...it's now 13:00 left in the fourth quarter and the game is tied at 17. NDSU's offense is terrible. NDSU special teams (kickoff and punt returned for TDs) have kept the Bison in contention. Sam Houston's offense in the second half has not been effective at all. There's a certain fascination watching bad football and wondering how it is going to turn out. I'll keep watching.

Looking forward to being in DJD Stadium for tonight's game!!!

Comment

Sam Houston scores on a long drive to go up 24-20 with 3:39 to go.

Comment

Bearkat D holds on downs and the Bison are done.

Comment

Working...
                              X