No announcement yet.

GDT: @ North Dakota State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the spirit of nidarios, i wonder how many more zenners we ran for then ndsu.....

A packed fargo dome might have been louder but with limitted attendance grono was cool calm and collected. I see what the coaches like about him. He had one errant throw that should have been picked but his first throw of the game he should have started a hair earlier and would have been a completion. Aired out just a hair. His td pass was legit. This team didnt look rusty at all. Similar when we won up there last time, we just flat out looked like the better team and it score showed it. Some years we look as even as 2 teams can be and yet ndsu makes that one play that is the difference. Usually going for it on 4th down or something. The refs tried to keep ndsu in it but it didnt phase us. With a bettet qb ndsu might have looked better but frankly this is the first time our oline and D line looked better then there. Usually thats were ndsu would have the edge. I like our skilled players better most years but their lines were the difference. I was worried they would make us 1 dimensional and shut us down. Nope were were mostly one dimensional and they couldnt stop it. That was fun the watch.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by goon View Post
      In the spirit of nidarios, i wonder how many more zenners we ran for then ndsu.....

A packed fargo dome might have been louder but with limitted attendance grono was cool calm and collected. I see what the coaches like about him. He had one errant throw that should have been picked but his first throw of the game he should have started a hair earlier and would have been a completion. Aired out just a hair. His td pass was legit. This team didnt look rusty at all. Similar when we won up there last time, we just flat out looked like the better team and it score showed it. Some years we look as even as 2 teams can be and yet ndsu makes that one play that is the difference. Usually going for it on 4th down or something. The refs tried to keep ndsu in it but it didnt phase us. With a bettet qb ndsu might have looked better but frankly this is the first time our oline and D line looked better then there. Usually thats were ndsu would have the edge. I like our skilled players better most years but their lines were the difference. I was worried they would make us 1 dimensional and shut us down. Nope were were mostly one dimensional and they couldnt stop it. That was fun the watch.
      That first throw I'll attribute to him being a freshman, I think if he's ever presented with that scenario again, it'll be a flatter harder throw and the defense won't have the time to run under it next time. Looking forward to more from that young man, he's got a wealth of experience already.

Comment

• I’ll add that on the first throw the wr could’ve helped some as well. Stopping and jumping for it or coming back a little. Would’ve broken his stride but it was catchable. We saw Jake do that plenty of time and a few times in that building.

Comment

• Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          The Jacks NDSU'ed NDSU on Saturday. Won the TOP 33-27. I'll bet it's been awhile since we won the TOP battle against them. I knew once we made them punt with about 5 minutes left the game was ours....
          We have a number of underclassmen who at times played like seasoned upper-classmen. I don't think I'm going out on a limb in stating there was a noticeable talent gap favoring SDSU. And, I think our coaches called a better game than NDSU's coaches. The final score does not accurately reflect the margin of victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            That first throw I'll attribute to him being a freshman, I think if he's ever presented with that scenario again, it'll be a flatter harder throw and the defense won't have the time to run under it next time. Looking forward to more from that young man, he's got a wealth of experience already.
            Watching the replay he could have started his throw earlier but im fine with it. He hit him in stride on a bomb up the middle. TC over threw plently of those in his time as a experienced qb. If that second defender was a half a step futher away its a completion. It was still catchable but defender closed quickly right as he tried to bring it in. Imho on deep throws you want to error on over throwing since the safety isnt back there. If he shorts it the 2nd defender can undercut and pick it. Opposite of a short or mid rahnge. Want to keep it down. Overthrows then can get picked by the deep safety.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

• Originally posted by JackJD View Post

We have a number of underclassmen who at times played like seasoned upper-classmen. I don't think I'm going out on a limb in stating there was a noticeable talent gap favoring SDSU. And, I think our coaches called a better game than NDSU's coaches. The final score does not accurately reflect the margin of victory.

Ndsu looked like a team that didnt have any answers. Usually they have that wrinkle or two that gets us. But when sdsu calls a few new looks it seems to catch ndsu off guard. Seems like thats what happened last time we won there during the season. We had the wrinkle and better game plan but lost in the play offs when ndsu had a few new looks and we didnt.

Comment

Watching the replay he could have started his throw earlier but im fine with it. He hit him in stride on a bomb up the middle. TC over threw plently of those in his time as a experienced qb. If that second defender was a half a step futher away its a completion. It was still catchable but defender closed quickly right as he tried to bring it in. Imho on deep throws you want to error on over throwing since the safety isnt back there. If he shorts it the 2nd defender can undercut and pick it. Opposite of a short or mid rahnge. Want to keep it down. Overthrows then can get picked by the deep safety.
                Makes sense. I think 45 degree angle is best for range, greater angle cuts down on range & has more hang time, and lesser angle you need a strong arm to get the same range as it drops faster as it loses velocity. This is just my own theory, I could be way off, seems I read it somewhere though or someone told me.

If I recall correctly, I think his throw was a high arching one, right on the money through, as you noted.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-23-2021, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Makes sense. I think 45 degree angle is best for range, greater angle cuts down on range & has more hang time, and lesser angle you need a strong arm to get the same range as it drops faster as it loses velocity. This is just my own theory, I could be way off, seems I read it somewhere though or someone told me.

If I recall correctly, I think his throw was a high arching one, right on the money through, as you noted.
                  I dont really mind if the throw is on a rope or aired out as long as its accurate. It was a great throw, but their corner secondary closed quickly. Either way It was a learning experience as a freshman.

Comment

I dont really mind if the throw is on a rope or aired out as long as its accurate. It was a great throw, but their corner secondary closed quickly. Either way It was a learning experience as a freshman.
                    yup ,same here, just get it into the receivers hands is the goal.

Comment

yup ,same here, just get it into the receivers hands is the goal.
                      Thats the truth. Give your players a chane to make a play. Cant ask for more then that. Really was a half a step difference from a great catch. But credit the ndsu player for closing and knocking the ball away at the high point of the catch. Hope to see more of that this week taking chancez down field.

Comment

Working...
                      X