GDT: @ North Dakota State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Probably same process as any year. Priority points.
    Sounds like I should get chance starting tomorrow morning

Comment

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Probably same process as any year. Priority points.
      Speaking of priority points, I just logged in to the new ticket site to confirm I'd be able to tomorrow, and I noticed a potential discrepancy regarding points awarded to non-student athlete alums. The rubric indicates such alums should receive 20 points, but it looks like I'm only receiving 15.

Emailing ticket office to see if they have an explanation

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Speaking of priority points, I just logged in to the new ticket site to confirm I'd be able to tomorrow, and I noticed a potential discrepancy regarding points awarded to non-student athlete alums. The rubric indicates such alums should receive 20 points, but it looks like I'm only receiving 15.

Emailing ticket office to see if they have an explanation
        i think the jackrabbit club would be the place to check since they control priority points IMO

Comment

• Season ticket holders can get tickets starting at noon Monday and they go on sale to the public at 8am Tuesday

Comment

• Good game rabbits. Buy your Frisco tickets. Your side of the bracket looks good. I dont see a team on your side that can beat you.
            Its your year!

Comment

• Originally posted by GoJacksSW View Post

i think the jackrabbit club would be the place to check since they control priority points IMO
              Got a reply from Jacks Athletics. The new website's rubric had error, and the Alum point "award" is 15.
              Last edited by jakejc795; 04-21-2021, 05:29 AM.

Comment

• The Jacks NDSU'ed NDSU on Saturday. Won the TOP 33-27. I'll bet it's been awhile since we won the TOP battle against them. I knew once we made them punt with about 5 minutes left the game was ours.

I'm still a tad concerned about our ability to throw the ball. If we have to throw to score later of play catchup I'm not sure how that will go. Also our secondary can get a little handsy. An elite passing team may also give our defense some troubles.

All that said, anything short of a trip to Frisco and natty would be a disappointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I tend to agree.

I just hope the Jacks don't think they have to follow NDSU for rivalry's sake and risk program/athletic department sustainability
                  Unfortunately, just like D2 the FCS is starting to get watered down with successful programs leaving. I think the Jacks need to keep their options open and if there is an opportunity for a move to the MAC or other FBS conference SDSU should consider it. What are we really accomplishing if at some point the teams and schools we are competing don't look like us? I do think if the Power 5 decide to seperate from the rest we need to look at moving into that next tier.

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

Unfortunately, just like D2 the FCS is starting to get watered down with successful programs leaving. I think the Jacks need to keep their options open and if there is an opportunity for a move to the MAC or other FBS conference SDSU should consider it. What are we really accomplishing if at some point the teams and schools we are competing don't look like us? I do think if the Power 5 decide to seperate from the rest we need to look at moving into that next tier.
                    I would rather play for a national championship in the FCS than play in the MAC and go to a “who gives a crap” bowl game.

Comment

• Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

I would rather play for a national championship in the FCS than play in the MAC and go to a “who gives a crap” bowl game.
                      The other issue is that the pandemic and NIL considerations could force some programs to consider moving from FBS to FCS

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

I mentioned some of my concerns in response to mitchellrabbit's post, but one of the components of looking like us should likely be proximity, because travel considerations (and concomitant impact on Athletics Departments' budgets) will be among the primary variables impacting realignment

Comment

And as the Valley showed yesterday, you can finish fourth and still get the opportunity to get hot at the right time and make a run at the title. Where in the lower levels of FBS, the conference champion may very well be the only team that gets to play in that crap bowl game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                            Good game rabbits. Buy your Frisco tickets. Your side of the bracket looks good. I dont see a team on your side that can beat you.
                            Its your year!
                            Thank you, Slowhand.

I do agree that our side of the bracket looks good but until Stig and his crew go a couple of years without "laying an egg", I don't have as much faith as I should have.
                            In 2019, we lost to a 5-7 USD team.
                            In 2018, we lost to a 7-6 UNI team.
                            In 2017, we lost to a 8-5 UNI team and a 6-5 Youngstown State team.
                            In 2016, we lost to a 6-6 Illinois State team.
                            In 2015, we lost to a 6-5 Western Illinois team.

SDSU made the playoffs each of these seasons but if you take the combined record, of one loss each of the last 5 seasons, their combine record is .500.

Comment

• I'm afraid I have to agree with you 91. So many disappointments. Sooner or later you'd think that streak of egg laying would get broken..Will be cheering that this is the year.

Comment

If Power 5 seperates themselves perhaps some of FCS and FBS can combine and create a 24 team playoff. The transfer rule could make talented teams like the Jacks just a minor league development team for the Power 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X