NDSU Spring 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

This could be where the layoff between games could be a good thing. Jacks will have reduced wear, assuming they've continued conditioning in interim.

Jacks win 24-7 behind a pick by Backhaus, strip sack by Ogunrinde, and a 65-yd screen pass to Davis in seldom used PSJ-Davis dual-RB formation
    I don't really see the layoff as a good thing. SDSU doesn't seem to have a real great record after "improvement week". It is funny that is what the week is called and then SDSU plays worse than they didn't before improvement week.
    The Jacks have only played 5 games this season so I wouldn't think wear and tear would be a problem. I see NDSU playing last week as an advantage. The 5 games doesn't include the the extra long break that they had in between season. I do not know how Strong is feeling but he's only played 4 games so hopefully he is ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post

I don't really see the layoff as a good thing. SDSU doesn't seem to have a real great record after "improvement week". It is funny that is what the week is called and then SDSU plays worse than they didn't before improvement week.
      The Jacks have only played 5 games this season so I wouldn't think wear and tear would be a problem. I see NDSU playing last week as an advantage. The 5 games doesn't include the the extra long break that they had in between season. I do not know how Strong is feeling but he's only played 4 games so hopefully he is ready to go.
      Zim indicated PSJ should be in the lineup.

Playing fewer games is exactly why "wear and tear" is mentioned -- it's theoretically reduced chance of game-related injury (of course, players could sustain injuries in practice). Nevertheless, the unplanned bye weeks have allowed players like PSJ to get healthier, and the Jacks have Bison game film against UNI to facilitate playcalling.

I guess I'm feeling more optimistic about this game than some

Comment

Zim indicated PSJ should be in the lineup.

Playing fewer games is exactly why "wear and tear" is mentioned -- it's theoretically reduced chance of game-related injury (of course, players could sustain injuries in practice). Nevertheless, the unplanned bye weeks have allowed players like PSJ to get healthier, and the Jacks have Bison game film against UNI to facilitate playcalling.

I guess I'm feeling more optimistic about this game than some
        I feel like we have a good chance of winning but I would have preferred playing them 2 or 3 weeks ago. I think taking a month off of not playing at "game speed" might take a little while to get into the flow.
        I guess that means, I'm of the thinking that it's better to get into the flow of things than to sit out week 1 even though the other team gets some tape. I don't have a strong feeling about it either way but a slight lean that way.

Comment

I feel like we have a good chance of winning but I would have preferred playing them 2 or 3 weeks ago. I think taking a month off of not playing at "game speed" might take a little while to get into the flow.
          I guess that means, I'm of the thinking that it's better to get into the flow of things than to sit out week 1 even though the other team gets some tape. I don't have a strong feeling about it either way but a slight lean that way.
          I thought the Jacks started fine after a longer break in the opener at UNI. Folks fear what Luepke for Bison could do against Jacks, but how about PSJ, Davis, and Meachum (not to mention Gronowski) gashing the ungulates?

Also, NDSU's secondary is depleted, so Jankes and Bauer can do damage too.

Comment

I thought the Jacks started fine after a longer break in the opener at UNI. Folks fear what Luepke for Bison could do against Jacks, but how about PSJ, Davis, and Meachum (not to mention Gronowski) gashing the ungulates?

Also, NDSU's secondary is depleted, so Jankes and Bauer can do damage too.
            The Jacks did win at UNI (scoring with 19 seconds left) by 4 points and NDSU won at UNI by 3 points so I'm expecting a really close game. We didn't play as well as we can but I don't know about NDSU.
            I would say if SDSU plays like they did against Southern Illinois, they win by 10 or so, if they play like they did against Western Illinois or UNI, it will be a close game, and if they play like they did against Youngstown State or UND, they lose.

Comment

The Jacks did win at UNI (scoring with 19 seconds left) by 4 points and NDSU won at UNI by 3 points so I'm expecting a really close game. We didn't play as well as we can but I don't know about NDSU.
              I would say if SDSU plays like they did against Southern Illinois, they win by 10 or so, if they play like they did against Western Illinois or UNI, it will be a close game, and if they play like they did against Youngstown State or UND, they lose.
              Yes, I focused on the "start" at UNI because I'd prefer an outcome that isn't as tenuous as the UNI win seemed at times

Comment

Working...
              X