No announcement yet.

NDSU Spring 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be really curious to see if the Jacks can get them behind the chains on early downs and get then into 3rd and long. Seems like they don't have the QB to convert a long 3rd withcjis legs after everyone drops into coverage. Could be wrong, and maybe this is the game where he breaks out the wheels, but it sure seems like a 3rd and long will force him to make an accurate throw under pressure, which he hasn't shown to be his strength. The QB run, and it's impact on the Jacks getting off the field on 3rd down, have been the difference in this series the last 5 years.

Comment

Game is postponed to 4/17 per NDSU football twitter

Comment

wow that sucks! and how eerily and horribly familiar is that to the first conference MBB game? one week to heal up you can make a positive out of a negative, but now have to face usd again after an extended layoff. obviously we should STILL take care of business, but usd has to be happy for any circumstance that can cause the jacks to be OUT of rhythm when they play them

if nothing else, gronowski had pretty easily his best game of the season but has not had any chance to solidify that and feel confident that he has figured things out

Comment

Bison CB Hayes has reportedly left the team. Multiple articles/posts by media mentioned him as a veteran leader on the team, and his absence could make the UNI game more interesting (assuming that game happens)

Comment

Howell, another Bison DB has entered the transfer portal

Comment

I know its only Tuesday what I am Ready for this game 3 weeks without a football game is to long time for me. I know that everyone knows that this game will be won in the trenches and its true. We cannot allow luebke, thier big back go put them ahead of the chains constantly. We need to put Zeb or Cam in 3rd and longs and prevent the qb running for 1st downs. If we can do this and win the Time of possession and give our offense time to put up points. I do think we will need to score 4 TDs to win FGs will not win this game. I'm indifferent on our extended break put we should be 99% healthy and ready to burn the Fargo Dome down. I think we have an excellent chance to win because our offense can be dynamic, We can throw the ball long and dink and donk, we can bust big RB plays and run with power and our QB can gain chunk yards. We defiantly have alot of tools in the tool shed.
              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

My prediction: SDSU 24, NDSU 17

My preference: SDSU 48, NDSU 6

Marker returns to Brookings and settles in for a long stay.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  My prediction: SDSU 24, NDSU 17

My preference: SDSU 48, NDSU 6

Marker returns to Brookings and settles in for a long stay.
                  Six because the Bison score a TD and go for two?

Random question, if the Bison want to coin "Zenner" for yardage, can "Entz" be verbiage adopted for failed two-point conversion?

Also, to hear Bison media talk about it, there might not be many Marker games left because the Bison absolutely need to move to FBS to curb transfers and have "worthy" competition

Comment

Winnable game for SDSU. If the Jacks can get up by a score or two early on, as they often seem to do in big games, they will have to stay aggressive. They cannot fade as the game wears on. They won't be able to let up for a single series.
                    Prediction: Jacks 17, Bison 7..
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      Winnable game for SDSU. If the Jacks can get up by a score or two early on, as they often seem to do in big games, they will have to stay aggressive. They cannot fade as the game wears on. They won't be able to let up for a single series.
                      Prediction: Jacks 17, Bison 7..
                      This could be where the layoff between games could be a good thing. Jacks will have reduced wear, assuming they've continued conditioning in interim.

Jacks win 24-7 behind a pick by Backhaus, strip sack by Ogunrinde, and a 65-yd screen pass to Davis in seldom used PSJ-Davis dual-RB formation

Comment

The Jankes and Gronowski need to hold onto the ball and the Jacks have a great shot.

For some reason, I see a bad call or a fumble from the regular suspects that could swing the game.

Less penalties and turnovers than the Bison, Jacks win the game.

Comment

If the big back for the bison goes off, we are screwed. If we keep him in check and limit turnovers, we win.
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Does anyone else wonder why the Bison are even interested in playing this game? I know there's pride and everything, but it seems to me the Bison have at least the #2 seed locked up right now. A loss most likely knocks them out of the seeding conversation, and forces the road to Frisco to not go through a town named Fargo. The Jacks can play this weekend in a nearly no-lose situation. Without a win this weekend, we're most likely outside, looking in on the seed discussion, while we're still most likely in the playoffs even with a loss to NDSU. A blowout loss may be a different story, but that's really the worst-case scenario. A win pretty much locks up a top 2 seed for the Jacks. I've been nervous all week NDSU is going to come down with some "Covid issues" so they don't have to play this game. The family and I have tickets to the game this weekend, and at the time of me typing this, there are still plenty of seats available! No time like the present to beat down some furry cows!! Let's get more Jacks fans in the building! Who's coming with me!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1220 View Post
                              Does anyone else wonder why the Bison are even interested in playing this game?
                              Do you really want a reason? I suspect that you know the answer already.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1220 View Post
                                Does anyone else wonder why the Bison are even interested in playing this game? I know there's pride and everything, but it seems to me the Bison have at least the #2 seed locked up right now. A loss most likely knocks them out of the seeding conversation, and forces the road to Frisco to not go through a town named Fargo. The Jacks can play this weekend in a nearly no-lose situation. Without a win this weekend, we're most likely outside, looking in on the seed discussion, while we're still most likely in the playoffs even with a loss to NDSU. A blowout loss may be a different story, but that's really the worst-case scenario. A win pretty much locks up a top 2 seed for the Jacks. I've been nervous all week NDSU is going to come down with some "Covid issues" so they don't have to play this game. The family and I have tickets to the game this weekend, and at the time of me typing this, there are still plenty of seats available! No time like the present to beat down some furry cows!! Let's get more Jacks fans in the building! Who's coming with me!?!?
                                I wish this was receiving more attention than the Jacks' extended break between games. I think the Jacks will thump the Bison.

Comment

Working...
                                X