No announcement yet.

GDT: @ Southern Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man than W felt good. The 605 Hogs deserve a standing ovation for that performance. We controlled the clock which put pressure on SIU and our defense feasted on it. I really like d how Davis ran today, even when they where making early contact he could make a guy miss or grind it out for a couple yards, think average around 6 yards a carry. That just wares down defenses. It’s a shame to watch Gibbs go down prayers to him. I almost wondered it SIUs Stone L got knocked out of the game on the Int he through to Backhus he took a shot.
    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Wow. 44-3. Great road win against a contender!
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
        Man than W felt good. The 605 Hogs deserve a standing ovation for that performance. We controlled the clock which put pressure on SIU and our defense feasted on it. I really like d how Davis ran today, even when they where making early contact he could make a guy miss or grind it out for a couple yards, think average around 6 yards a carry. That just wares down defenses. It’s a shame to watch Gibbs go down prayers to him. I almost wondered it SIUs Stone L got knocked out of the game on the Int he through to Backhus he took a shot.
        Hopefully Gibbs' injury isn't as bad as it appeared to be. The non-contact ones usually don't turn out well.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Should have been intentional grounding then- where was the eligible receiver ?
          I said the same thing.....
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

That was the game we were waiting for both offense and defensive lines. After the first qtr i thought it was going to be a rough slug fest who wiuld make fewer errors wiuld win. Wow was i wrong. Grono didnt need to pass much but looks good out there aside from the fumble. Man, Gibbs, he had to feel cursed. It was like yep he crumpled up as he was running so just sort of figured the knee went out. Hope its not season ending or career endimg for that matter. He played so well the last season till he got hurt. Wish him a speedy recovery.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

I said the same thing.....
              A couple things:

1). their FB, Garrett (#43), was within a couple yards, albeit opposite the direction thrown
              2). the refs seemed to be using NFL "grounding" criteria in that Williams' "passing" motion was impacted by a defender

If item #2 was their primary criterion, it'd seem they were egregiously incorrect.

Thankfully, it wasn't of much consequence.
              Last edited by jakejc795; 03-21-2021, 02:11 PM. Reason: Wrong QB in prior post

Comment

YES thankfully it did not matter!!

sorry i know i have whined about this before. ironically in my coaching days i almost NEVER argued with officials and did not worry about it because i knew i had no control over it. WOW i find it much harder as a fan to keep calm about the terrible officiating. cuz as coach i had job to do and things i could control that were more important than worrying about refs. wont get into all that but it had everything to do with the lessons i was ALWAYS trying to teach my kids.

anyway, VERY happy it did not matter, unlike many calls against UND which definitely seemed to impact the momentum and direction of the game. speaking of und, anyone watch the bison and sioux game? quarter 4 ndsu basically tackles und wr. ref standing right there. und wr looks at him like HOW are you not pulling the flag. NOTHING i couldnt help but think if our DBs were allowed to play like that NO WAY we lose that game

it will be nice when the huge majority of close calls and terrible calls stop going against the jacks. that said the jacks have obviously done a lot LOT better job with penalties last 2 games. i think 3 last week and probably no more than that today

but i truly do not understand it. game after game refs make terrible calls that hurt the jacks. there are DEFINITELY some bad calls that have helped the jacks, but no doubt the ledger is tilted in the wrong direction. it is like refs let ndsu get away with crap bc they think ndsu is NOT SUPPOSED to lose consequently they should get the benefit of the doubt. WHEN do we think officials will realize that the jacks are one of very few teams on the tier just below the bison. clearly we are the next best program in the conference and very few schools outside of fargo would ever be favored in a game against the jacks

i absolutely do not think which team is favored should have ANYTHING to do with it! either it is a penalty or it is not! refs should be color blind toward uniforms. but clearly some refs ref a game like one team is supposed to win. i would love to think that had nothing to do with todays call and NOT saying it did, but hey SIU rated one spot higher, and at home where they whipped ndsu, and at that point had momentum on their side WHO knows what the heck refs think about?? zero logical reason that call should have been called the way it was! thank goodness the D did not hang their heads and made the next play too))!!! as a coach stig had to be VERY proud of them for that!!!!

anyway i hope the rest of the year either refs will just ref without any preconceptions OR the they will realize that the jacks are supposed to win more than they apparently think)) OR the crappy calls will finally begin to even out

Comment

G R E A T game by the O line! we need that performance 7 more times this spring and things should be pretty good)))!!!

defense obviously played very well. i still think the d line can be better and we can still tackle better, which stig specifically mentioned in post game radio- the tackling i mean. we still have some guys that think good players are going to go down just because you hit them hard adn they are making little effort to wrap up.

i fully admit SOMETIMES the other guy just makes a play! we do afterall play in a fantastic conference and regularly play very good teams and players! SO OF COURSE sometimes the other guy is good too and sometimes he makes a play. but i definitely think there is room for improvement in the wrapping up department

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                    G R E A T game by the O line! we need that performance 7 more times this spring and things should be pretty good)))!!!

defense obviously played very well. i still think the d line can be better and we can still tackle better, which stig specifically mentioned in post game radio- the tackling i mean. we still have some guys that think good players are going to go down just because you hit them hard adn they are making little effort to wrap up.

i fully admit SOMETIMES the other guy just makes a play! we do afterall play in a fantastic conference and regularly play very good teams and players! SO OF COURSE sometimes the other guy is good too and sometimes he makes a play. but i definitely think there is room for improvement in the wrapping up department
                    Can't help but agree with bold. One player in particular, whom I've seen tackle well for multiple seasons, was disappointing on multiple plays/missed tackles yesterday, but it's amazing we're saying that in a game SIU scored a FG.

It was also great to see Bauer making plays, even though the hold nullified what would've been a TD. Hopefully that trend continues, as he can help sustain drives

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                      YES thankfully it did not matter!!

sorry i know i have whined about this before. ironically in my coaching days i almost NEVER argued with officials and did not worry about it because i knew i had no control over it. WOW i find it much harder as a fan to keep calm about the terrible officiating. cuz as coach i had job to do and things i could control that were more important than worrying about refs. wont get into all that but it had everything to do with the lessons i was ALWAYS trying to teach my kids.

anyway, VERY happy it did not matter, unlike many calls against UND which definitely seemed to impact the momentum and direction of the game. speaking of und, anyone watch the bison and sioux game? quarter 4 ndsu basically tackles und wr. ref standing right there. und wr looks at him like HOW are you not pulling the flag. NOTHING i couldnt help but think if our DBs were allowed to play like that NO WAY we lose that game

it will be nice when the huge majority of close calls and terrible calls stop going against the jacks. that said the jacks have obviously done a lot LOT better job with penalties last 2 games. i think 3 last week and probably no more than that today

but i truly do not understand it. game after game refs make terrible calls that hurt the jacks. there are DEFINITELY some bad calls that have helped the jacks, but no doubt the ledger is tilted in the wrong direction. it is like refs let ndsu get away with crap bc they think ndsu is NOT SUPPOSED to lose consequently they should get the benefit of the doubt. WHEN do we think officials will realize that the jacks are one of very few teams on the tier just below the bison. clearly we are the next best program in the conference and very few schools outside of fargo would ever be favored in a game against the jacks

i absolutely do not think which team is favored should have ANYTHING to do with it! either it is a penalty or it is not! refs should be color blind toward uniforms. but clearly some refs ref a game like one team is supposed to win. i would love to think that had nothing to do with todays call and NOT saying it did, but hey SIU rated one spot higher, and at home where they whipped ndsu, and at that point had momentum on their side WHO knows what the heck refs think about?? zero logical reason that call should have been called the way it was! thank goodness the D did not hang their heads and made the next play too))!!! as a coach stig had to be VERY proud of them for that!!!!

anyway i hope the rest of the year either refs will just ref without any preconceptions OR the they will realize that the jacks are supposed to win more than they apparently think)) OR the crappy calls will finally begin to even out
                      Think we should contact Rece Davis and say they need to bring College Gameday back to Brookings in Fall 2021 so we can make signs that say "Jacks' Offense Has Drives Longer than 'LGR's' Forum Posts"?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

A couple things:

1). their FB, Garrett (#43), was within a couple yards, albeit opposite the direction thrown
                        2). the refs seemed to be using NFL "grounding" criteria in that Labanowitz's "passing" motion was impacted by a defender

If item #2 was their primary criterion, it'd seem they were egregiously incorrect.

Thankfully, it wasn't of much consequence.
                        If it was a backwards pass, wouldnt that be a live ball anyway if not a fumble, it wasnt a forward pass....i probably need a refresher on thr rules anyway.

Comment

Seemed like a bad call. More than that, it just felt like one of those games where the ball wasn't going to bounce our way, just like the UND win.

Our offense was given a short field multiple times, thanks to our D. But what I saw yesterday was exactly what we've all been hoping to see. Jist a monster game from the OL against a solid d line. I don't know of we can count on our d given us short fields like that all the time, but the way the O and D played, qe looked like a dominant team yesterday and one that is built to make a run to frisco. We've looked that way every game this year, in flashes. Now it's just getting consistency.

ISUr is a trap game. Decent team with a bad record before a huge Marker game. Have to keep the momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

If it was a backwards pass, wouldnt that be a live ball anyway if not a fumble, it wasnt a forward pass....i probably need a refresher on thr rules anyway.
                            That's what led me to believe they were improperly using "NFL rules." The argument seemed to be that the fullback was in the vicinity, and Williams was being turned while attempting the "pass."

Not saying I agree with it by any means
                            Last edited by jakejc795; 03-21-2021, 02:10 PM. Reason: Wrong QB in prior version of post

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                              Seemed like a bad call. More than that, it just felt like one of those games where the ball wasn't going to bounce our way, just like the UND win.

Our offense was given a short field multiple times, thanks to our D. But what I saw yesterday was exactly what we've all been hoping to see. Jist a monster game from the OL against a solid d line. I don't know of we can count on our d given us short fields like that all the time, but the way the O and D played, qe looked like a dominant team yesterday and one that is built to make a run to frisco. We've looked that way every game this year, in flashes. Now it's just getting consistency.

ISUr is a trap game. Decent team with a bad record before a huge Marker game. Have to keep the momentum.
                              The Redbirds are dealing with considerable attrition, of various forms. Spack also sounds skeptical of the concept of a Spring season, given detriment to Fall season. In fact, their DL Lewan is done until 2022 due to injury, and Spack's comments suggest he's already looking toward Fall, particularly with Redbirds out of playoffs.

Sure, it could be a trap game, but if the Jacks stop the run, which the Redbirds relied on against WIU, they should be fine. I'd also love to see Jacks utilize "hurry up" on offense, as it sounds like WIU exploited Redbirds with it late in game (potentially due to aforementioned depth/roster issues).

Lastly, I'm hoping the Redbirds make it through the next couple games relatively healthy, so that they can upset UND at home on 4/10. The last thing Jacks need is for them to further deplete their roster and opt out of final couple games.
                              Last edited by jakejc795; 03-21-2021, 10:01 AM.

Comment

haha good one jake))! as far as i know you dont have to wait for game day to come to brookings before showing up with signs related to your team. so HATE to see such an excellent idea go to waste)) just travel to their next location and display your sign)))))) anyway, you made me chuckle)!!

curious?? i pay very VERY little attention to espn. i am guessing that they are NOT doing game day for the spring season, since its only fcs??? maybe i am wrong?? feel like i must be correct or seems like they would have done some mvfc games already due to the dominant nature or our conference related to the fcs landscape as a whole

Comment

Working...
                                X