@ Saluki Dogs 3/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Saluki Dogs 3/20

Watching the SIU-UNI game, these guys look pretty physical. Gonna take a big effort to pull this one out. Not the flashiest team put there, but they've got some players and just look physically different than the air raid Salukis of several years past. Stone Labanowitz looks like kind of a head case. With a name like that, who would have thought...

One concern watching these guys is they have been stripping the ball against teams. And we haven't been known to hold onto the ball well as of late. This is a team that will hurt us and hold the ball if we turn it over. Have to play clean and hold onto possessions. These guys have also been a second half team this year, and we definitely haven't.

We're going to have to change a few negative trends this season to walk away with the win.

Here is my write up about SIU. I've watched them in the UND game, the YSU game, and last weeks UNI game. They are good and Tibbs is right, this will take a HUGE effort to win. Our defense will need to step up and play a complete game and our offense will have to do its part and put some points on the board. IF Xavier Ward is back, that would certainly help.

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...eview-siu.html
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Any update on Pierre and his injury late in the game? I think we can manage without him, but not having him changes the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
        Any update on Pierre and his injury late in the game? I think we can manage without him, but not having him changes the offense.
        Postgame Stig said Pierre told him that he rolled it 4 times. Doesn't sound long term but if he needs this week to get "right" I'd give it to him and not rush him back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
          Watching the SIU-UNI game, these guys look pretty physical. Gonna take a big effort to pull this one out. Not the flashiest team put there, but they've got some players and just look physically different than the air raid Salukis of several years past. Stone Labanowitz looks like kind of a head case. With a name like that, who would have thought...

One concern watching these guys is they have been stripping the ball against teams. And we haven't been known to hold onto the ball well as of late. This is a team that will hurt us and hold the ball if we turn it over. Have to play clean and hold onto possessions. These guys have also been a second half team this year, and we definitely haven't.

We're going to have to change a few negative trends this season to walk away with the win.
          These Type of Teams give use fits, teams that can sustain long drives and chew up the clock are the perfect answer to our bend dont break defense. We are going to but up some points and win the TOP.

Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
            Sounds like he's questionable for this week. Be nice to know who SIU is going with at QB.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Sounds like he's questionable for this week. Be nice to know who SIU is going with at QB.
              Well, if you put any stock into what the TV announcers said last week, Lyles is still a week or two away from returning. IMO, with Baker in a boot on a sidelines for the second half and how the injury happened in a non-contact setting, I'd say he won't play. I'm going with Stone Labanowitz.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Well, if you put any stock into what the TV announcers said last week, Lyles is still a week or two away from returning. IMO, with Baker in a boot on a sidelines for the second half and how the injury happened in a non-contact setting, I'd say he won't play. I'm going with Stone Labanowitz.
                You'd figure that would limit designed runs, although they seem to be the Valley leaders in Stone-named QBs, so maybe having Norton on standby gives Hill enough confidence to call a run or two.

Hill also indicated on Monday (3/15) that Lyles was cleared to play the Thurs. prior to the UNI game and could've played against UNI, he just hadn't practiced much (5:15 mark begins Q&A re. QB depth chart)

Comment

I think this game comes down to sustianing drives that end in TDs, especially in the second half. I see this playing out a lot like the UNI game, and hopefully better halftime adjustments will be made. I also hope we defer tocthe second half and get the chance to open the 3rd with a scoring drive. Have to play all 4 quarters to win.

Comment

Over/under 16.5 carries for Davis this game?
                    O/U 5.5 designed Gronowski runs?

Comment

Edit: Double post

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                        Over/under 16.5 carries for Davis this game?
                        O/U 5.5 designed Gronowski runs?
                        Over and under (only because I think passes to TEs will reduce designed QB run plays)

Comment

Report from Carbondale indicates we should expect Labanowitz at QB for Salukis, despite Lyles being healthy, although the same article asks whether PSJ will be able to gain 100yds during game, so the information could be dated.

I think the Jacks will rack up a few sacks this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                          X