YSU Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YSU Week

YSU is interesting. As I scrolled through their roster there were few names I recognized. Pelini left the cupboard pretty bare for the new regime. Not sure if we pitch a shutout but if they score more than 10 points I'll be disappointed. Their defense is probably good enough to keep it closer than it should be.

Anyways, here is my full writeup.
    https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...eview-ysu.html
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Nice write up! Thanks for all the effort you guys out into these.

Although I don't think YSU is great, I'm betting this will be a tougher game for the Jacks. Even when they're bad, YSU usually has the talent to play any game pretty tough. Team chemistry and coaching might be issues, but they're usually a talented squad. They typically don't play super well in Brookings, and being 0-3 on the year already, I'm guessing there won't be a lot of fight in them if the Jacks jump out to a sizable, early lead. I'm going 24-7 Jacks, but it could be as close as 17-10 if the boys can't find a way to bury them early.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      YSU is interesting. As I scrolled through their roster there were few names I recognized. Pelini left the cupboard pretty bare for the new regime. Not sure if we pitch a shutout but if they score more than 10 points I'll be disappointed. Their defense is probably good enough to keep it closer than it should be.

Anyways, here is my full writeup.
      https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...eview-ysu.html
      One of the YSU previews prior to the game against the Salukis identified YSU pass protection as an issue. Do you think the Jacks could rack up a few sacks?
      That same preview mentions Lynch shanking three punts, so maybe he'll revert to that in Brookings

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

One of the YSU previews prior to the game against the Salukis identified YSU pass protection as an issue. Do you think the Jacks could rack up a few sacks?
        That same preview mentions Lynch shanking three punts, so maybe he'll revert to that in Brookings
        I think this game hangs in the balance of the chaingang. If we can control the line of scrimmage and not allow them to bleed the clock. I think we win comfortably 27-6
        Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post

I think this game hangs in the balance of the chaingang. If we can control the line of scrimmage and not allow them to bleed the clock. I think we win comfortably 27-6
          I'm curious if we could also see increased blitzing by Jacks.

Regardless, I'm feeling fairly confident in a comfortable win as well, and it'd be great if the Redbirds and Salukis would win as well.

Comment

Looking for club tickets for this game. Anyone have any OR if you are looking for a club ticket would be willing to part with mine...Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitTimes3 View Post
              Looking for club tickets for this game. Anyone have any OR if you are looking for a club ticket would be willing to part with mine...Thanks
              PM'd you.

Comment

Looks like Jacks will have one fewer 'guin to contend with due to Youngstown DE Antoine Cook entering transfer portal.

Comment

When the schedule came out and the Jacks were playing home games on March 6 and 13, my mind immediately went to visions of playing in a blizzard or sub-zero temps. It's hard to imagine having two better Saturday's in early March to be playing football outside.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    When the schedule came out and the Jacks were playing home games on March 6 and 13, my mind immediately went to visions of playing in a blizzard or sub-zero temps. It's hard to imagine having two better Saturday's in early March to be playing football outside.
                    I discussed this with my parents a couple seasons ago.

With the exception of the rainy Hobo Day debacle against UNI and the snowy playoff games (which were enjoyable anyway), weather is generally decent on game days (or maybe my perception's biased just because Jacks FB games are among my favorite events).

Comment

Working...
                    X