GDT: Western Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    About the kickoffs, I can't speak for them all, but I know two of the "pop up" kicks were directly into the wind. The wind was pretty gusty. The opening kickoff with the wind went through the endzone easily.

As someone mentioned earlier, the unsportsmanlike penalty was a good call. Bowling the ball right at the opposing head coach is a dick move. The WIU player should have been flagged as well for flexing over the DB.

The PI calls are going to be the death of me.
    I missed the part about it being right at the head coach. If there wasn't an official nearby, I'll defer to refs. Regardless, I think the officials yesterday were the best crew so far this season

Comment

What I liked about what our offense did on Saturday was spreading the ball around. You could tell when Strong was in the backfield the LBs where coming and the safeties where creeping up. TE didn't get much use but with Mason Leighton catching a few balls defiantly gives use more looks. I thought Gronowski really was progressing through his looks finding is 2nd and maybe 3rd options. Our offense is definitely looking more balanced. Probably one comment I have is I wish Strong had a few more touches. Though we didn't need him to, and save some hits on him. Defense I liked what they did just need to clean up a few things, Blown coverage and penalties mainly. I thought we tackled very well and played fast. Need to get a little more pressure on the QB. Definatly need to work on the fake punts ugh.
      Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Punt return is concerning regarding the fakes. That’s a trend that needs to get shut down. Almost warrants leaving the base D on the field.

almost

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
          Punt return is concerning regarding the fakes. That’s a trend that needs to get shut down. Almost warrants leaving the base D on the field.

almost
          Western Ill did do that on one occasion.
          Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Working...
          X