No announcement yet.

GDT: Western Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First im dorry but you need to keep gronoski in, we need to put a complete game. But i see why to give gibbs some PT.

2nd. What the heck are the refs watching. Thats great pass defense. Gsrdner and gales you cant play ot better then that. If UND didnt commit pass interference last week, no way those should have been called. They were on them tight amd played the ball. One wasnt because un catchable but they flagged that also. Coaches must have complained about or tight coverage and refs fell for it. If you called that ad PI you would be booed out of the stadium in big 10 or 12 or sec etc.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      First im dorry but you need to keep gronoski in, we need to put a complete game. But i see why to give gibbs some PT.

2nd. What the heck are the refs watching. Thats great pass defense. Gsrdner and gales you cant play ot better then that. If UND didnt commit pass interference last week, no way those should have been called. They were on them tight amd played the ball. One wasnt because un catchable but they flagged that also. Coaches must have complained about or tight coverage and refs fell for it. If you called that ad PI you would be booed out of the stadium in big 10 or 12 or sec etc.
      No sense risking injury with lead, particularly when Covid can decimate a position group.

I didn't have issue with last flag on Gardner, and even Hank said it was legit. If officials had let the flag along opposite sideline stand (that they picked up), I'd have been frustrated

I'd like to know what the deal was on Lofton's unsportsmanlike penalty

Comment

Not sure about spot on that last run by Gibbs

Comment

That was among the most awkward intentional false starts I've seen

Comment

Good punt coverage again by Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

No sense risking injury with lead, particularly when Covid can decimate a position group.

I didn't have issue with last flag on Gardner, and even Hank said it was legit. If officials had let the flag along opposite sideline stand (that they picked up), I'd have been frustrated

He had his hand on thrm but didnt push or pull or hinder them and played the ball. Thats video i would show players of how to defend. But thats just me. Its probably because more obvious ones havent been called against us. If they didnt turn their head thats more an issue. Yeah im curious what thst penalty was.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Heinert is spot on. WIU player was OOB when recovered

Comment

I mean, unless Coach Stig said don't bother reviewing it to save time, that fumble has to be reviewed and overturned.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

I'll be rooting for WIU next week

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      I mean, unless Coach Stig said don't bother reviewing it to save time, that fumble has to be reviewed and overturned.
                      Yeah that seemed to obvious.

Comment

he grabbed the ball from Josh after interception and rolled the ball toward WIU sideline

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                          he grabbed the ball from Josh after interception and rolled the ball toward WIU sideline
                          Thank you.

Any chance words might've been exchanged too?

Otherwise, that's a ridiculous penalty.

Comment

Thank you.

Any chance words might've been exchanged too?

Otherwise, that's a ridiculous penalty.
                            Officials seem to be pretty selective on calling that. On Western's lone TD, their wide receiver stood right over the Jacks DB laying on the ground and yelled at him. Classic taunting, but didn't call it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Officials seem to be pretty selective on calling that. On Western's lone TD, their wide receiver stood right over the Jacks DB laying on the ground and yelled at him. Classic taunting, but didn't call it.
                              Those plays were on opposite sides of the field, right (Lofton's was nearer east side, while the TD was on west side)?

Doesn't look like UNI is going to do their job and lose tonight

Comment

About the kickoffs, I can't speak for them all, but I know two of the "pop up" kicks were directly into the wind. The wind was pretty gusty. The opening kickoff with the wind went through the endzone easily.

As someone mentioned earlier, the unsportsmanlike penalty was a good call. Bowling the ball right at the opposing head coach is a dick move. The WIU player should have been flagged as well for flexing over the DB.

The PI calls are going to be the death of me.
                                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                                X