• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Western Illinois

#ChuckThePigskin

#StuffThePigskin

#TheMarchInMarch
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

WIU RB Gavin reportedly "appears" to be ruled out for today's game, and QB Sampson and other 'necks may be nursing injuries sustained last week (Sampson's was apparently a late injury).

In other words, not the time to be visiting Tolu, Krockett, Logan, and the boys at an inhospitable Rabbit Den

Comment

One thing I'm hoping for, regardless of how fast or slow we start, that we have a strong 2nd half. Even if we're up big, I'd especially like to see Gronowski get a bunch of throws in during the 3rd quarter so he can get some practice dealing with halftime adjustments and making different reads from the first half.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        One thing I'm hoping for, regardless of how fast or slow we start, that we have a strong 2nd half. Even if we're up big, I'd especially like to see Gronowski get a bunch of throws in during the 3rd quarter so he can get some practice dealing with halftime adjustments and making different reads from the first half.
        I'm wondering if this might be a game that isn't as illuminating for us regarding Gronowski. I think PSJ might run rampant, and the Jacks defense will have at least one score.

Comment

Hopefully goes better then the womens game. Hope its not a sign of things to come.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Hopefully goes better then the womens game. Hope its not a sign of things to come.
            After last week's horrible showing in Grand Forks, I don't have a lot of faith in this team.

We used to be so sound in special teams and not many mistakes. Now it's dumb penalties, turnovers, undisciplined play that started last year. This team misses Eidsness badly as OC.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

After last week's horrible showing in Grand Forks, I don't have a lot of faith in this team.

We used to be so sound in special teams and not many mistakes. Now it's dumb penalties, turnovers, undisciplined play that started last year. This team misses Eidsness badly as OC.
              I liked Eidsness as OC, but let's not forget that Jacks had Wieneke, Christion, Zenner, and Goedert during his tenure, and some of the issues you mentioned are at least somewhat a function of a younger team.

Comment

If Jacks lose, we can blame the "Heinert jinx"

Comment

Sorry but i was happy to see hienert calling the game. Hes good, calls a fair game and no homer or bias.

didnt see the low hit on the qb but great blitz. Is that our first defensive take away this year?
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

nice start jacks. lets keep it up. i would have to say that i am having "slightly" less fun so far today than i was planning/ hoping to have)

Comment

So far the footbLl game is making me feel better.

I also like the umpire in the middle he is freakishly tall it seems. Hard to realize but watch when he is standing next to lineman eith helmet and pads on and he is just as big or taller.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Sorry but i was happy to see hienert calling the game. Hes good, calls a fair game and no homer or bias.

didnt see the low hit on the qb but great blitz. Is that our first defensive take away this year?
                        I don't have an issue with Heinert either. No, Tetzlaff had INT of Schuster at UND

Comment

Special teams play still less than special.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I don't have an issue with Heinert either. No, Tetzlaff had INT of Schuster at UND
                            Oh yeah. Isnt 4th down stops a TO technically.

Ugh another fake punt and then we struggle. Who ever is special teams coach is going to be on the hot seat soon.

Comment

yeah wow! the special teams play is really disappointing((! this is an area that we have been consistently excellent for basically the entire tenure of stig as HC. generally we even outperform the bison in this part of the game.

guessing as someone who basically made his name as a special teams guy that stig will take whatever steps needed to put an end to this

Comment

Working...
                              X