WIU Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIU Week

Here is what I have put together for a preview of WIU. There is plenty of talent on the WIU roster and if we don't show up to play we may get bit. One interesting nugget is that they have 44 transfers on their roster (juco, FBS, FCS, Grad).

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...eview-wiu.html
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Here is what I have put together for a preview of WIU. There is plenty of talent on the WIU roster and if we don't show up to play we may get bit. One interesting nugget is that they have 44 transfers on their roster (juco, FBS, FCS, Grad).

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...eview-wiu.html
    Thanks for another excellent summary.

Have a feeling Meachum might break one on Saturday and Stalbird will reinforce how costly it can be facing Jacks' transfers

Comment

Wow talk about a contrast in styles with what the Jacks played the first two weeks.

Comment

Great write up!

Honestly, if we continue to play an incomplete first half and not show up in the second, we are probably going to get best by most teams. We need to figure out a way to burry teams in the first and sustain momentum in the second. WIU is definitely good enough to best us if we aren't playing smart football. I'd like us to defer to the second half if we win the toss. Letting trams jump out with a strong drove in the 3rd isn't helping us keep momentum. We still control our destiny for the playoffs, but this is a game where marked improvement needs to be shown. Margin for error is zero, and if we are the team that we think we can be, this is a game that needs to show it.

Comment

Here is what the Jackrabbit Illustrated team is watching for this week.
          1. MSTSA
          2. Strong 3rd Quarter
          3. ChainGang response
          4. Jackrabbit back seven vs. the Spread Offense
          5. Finish Him

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...watch-wiu.html
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            Here is what the Jackrabbit Illustrated team is watching for this week.
            1. MSTSA
            2. Strong 3rd Quarter
            3. ChainGang response
            4. Jackrabbit back seven vs. the Spread Offense
            5. Finish Him

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...watch-wiu.html
            Any word on what attendance will be capped at?

I can't find specifics on gojacks.com (which only mentions limited attendance) or other media sources

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I can't find specifics on gojacks.com (which only mentions limited attendance) or other media sources
              The club level is limited to 100 or so. I don’t know about the other areas.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

The club level is limited to 100 or so. I don’t know about the other areas.
                Thanks.

Couldn't find any additional information on attendance, but Stig does mention "There’s just too many errors and then there were some unique calls in that game [at UND]. Very unique calls that I’m asking for an explanation for from our commissioner" in the Brookings Register's WIU preview. Interesting to compare that full quote to the partial one from Zim's WIU preview (which omitted the reference to an officiating explanation from Patty Viverito)

Comment

25% capacity, around 4800 is what the ticket office said

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I listened to the gameday eve by Tyler and he mentioned some tickets were still available. Call the ticket office 605-688-5422. There will be no walk up sales.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

I listened to the gameday eve by Tyler and he mentioned some tickets were still available. Call the ticket office 605-688-5422. There will be no walk up sales.
                      Thanks, Old Hare. I'd received emails from Athletics regarding ticket options. It was more curiousity about what the max. crowd would be.

"Gameday Eve" and Westside's preview mentioned WIU WR Tony Tate. In potentially bad news, his father is Terrence (Terry) Tate; no word on whether he doubled as "Office Linebacker"

Comment

Working...
                      X