2-27 @ UND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-27 @ UND

SiouxHawks trounced what was assumed to be a solid SIU squad today 44 to 21 in Grand Forks. UND forced five turnovers and capitalized on 4 of them. I only caught bits and pieces of the game, but after the opening SIU drive, UND pretty much controlled it going forward. Haven't looked up the stat line yet, but this was somewhat unexpected. I believe the line for the this game had been SIU -4 or so. Needless to say, very different outcome. I know UND returned a bunch of guys on D, but I believe lost some more starters from their O.

Should be a good game up there. I expect that we will be able to move the ball on the ground a little more effectively than yesterday against UNI, but their D seems pretty stout. And their ability to generate turnovers is concerning given our issues last season and last night. Ball control, with long drives ending in TDs to get them chasing points would seem to be a good recipe. I haven't forgotten our near collapse up their in 2013, so closing out the game and having a better second half will be critical. Appeared that there were more fans in their dome than what was allowed into the undone. Early kickoff next Saturday at noon.

Feels good to be playing these guys again.

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    SiouxHawks trounced what was assumed to be a solid SIU squad today 44 to 21 in Grand Forks. UND forced five turnovers and capitalized on 4 of them. I only caught bits and pieces of the game, but after the opening SIU drive, UND pretty much controlled it going forward. Haven't looked up the stat line yet, but this was somewhat unexpected. I believe the line for the this game had been SIU -4 or so. Needless to say, very different outcome. I know UND returned a bunch of guys on D, but I believe lost some more starters from their O.

Should be a good game up there. I expect that we will be able to move the ball on the ground a little more effectively than yesterday against UNI, but their D seems pretty stout. And their ability to generate turnovers is concerning given our issues last season and last night. Ball control, with long drives ending in TDs to get them chasing points would seem to be a good recipe. I haven't forgotten our near collapse up their in 2013, so closing out the game and having a better second half will be critical. Appeared that there were more fans in their dome than what was allowed into the undone. Early kickoff next Saturday at noon.

I watch the game some and 2 of the turnovers where Ints from SIUs backup QB. Their starter got drilled on a blindside corner blitz and never returned it was a sloppy game for sure. We need to stop there running they had a 3 back rotation which wore down the SIU defense in the run game which open upped the play action.

If we can stopped there rushing attack like UNI s we should do well.
    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
      Appeared that there were more fans in their dome than what was allowed into the undone. Early kickoff next Saturday at noon.

UND's reportedly allowing 32 percent (4k), attendance data supported here. Any idea what the rationale for the noon starts is?

Comment

Hot take: UND's ground game and subsequent play action passing will test the D significantly more than UNI.

It's hard to say since we know that UNI has talent and SIU is a little more unknown, but I just wasn't impressed with UNI's run game. Our d was a large part of that, but they just seemed inept. I think the Sioux will be more balanced, and their rb, Weah(?) is a beefcake. I still like our d to come up strong in this game, but I think we will be going against a more competent offense this week than what we saw in Cedar Falls.

Comment

One thing to note UND was also using a Freshman QB not sure if he was true or RS
          Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Perhaps better we played UNI before UND based on strengths and weaknesses.

Comment

Filbert, I'm going to start posting the JI previews in the game week threads. That way all the discussion leading up to the game can be in one spot. Feel free to move back to the JI article thread if this is not okay.

Here is my preview of UND. I did a rewatch of their game against SIU and picked up a few things that I missed on the first attempt. Should be a fun but challenging game!
              https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...d-preview.html
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                Filbert, I'm going to start posting the JI previews in the game week threads. That way all the discussion leading up to the game can be in one spot. Feel free to move back to the JI article thread if this is not okay.

Here is my preview of UND. I did a rewatch of their game against SIU and picked up a few things that I missed on the first attempt. Should be a fun but challenging game!
                https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...d-preview.html
                Sounds good to me! Carry on!
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Any word on injuries to Kraft or Krockett?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks View Post
                    Any word on injuries to Kraft or Krockett?
                    Kraft out for awhile, possibly the season. Big loss as he had plays designed specifically for him. Krockett day to day. He'll be back soon.

Comment

Kraft out for awhile, possibly the season. Big loss as he had plays designed specifically for him. Krockett day to day. He'll be back soon.
                      For whatever reason Matt, whenever I see WestSideRabbit... I think of HIMYM, and I call you "Teddy West Side" in my brain. (I'm dumb)

Bad news about Kraft. Was excited to see him play. (based mostly off your reporting!)

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

For whatever reason Matt, whenever I see WestSideRabbit... I think of HIMYM, and I call you "Teddy West Side" in my brain. (I'm dumb)

Bad news about Kraft. Was excited to see him play. (based mostly off your reporting!)
                        HAHA I loved that show! I started this account when I was in college and lived in Hansen Hall.

Comment

HAHA I loved that show! I started this account when I was in college and lived in Hansen Hall.
                          I was also on the West Side, Waneta Hall. But we didn't have such things as message boards back in my day!

Comment

Good Old Hansen. I loved my two years there. The "Game Room" is what sold me.

Comment

i was also in hansen, on the international floor. it was the only way i could get a single room when i started. AWESOME guys, but i was directly across the hall from the kitchen. i still have nightmares about the smell of curry)) literally 20 years later i was looking to buy a house. walked into a home with the realtor felt like i was walking into the kitchen at hansen hall and turned right around. please do not get me wrong!! loved the guys!! HATED the smells from that kitchen))

really enjoyed hansen, but the walk from there to HPER center for almost all the classes for HPER major proved to be "slightly" too convenient of an excuse to miss class))) moved to single room in Matthews the following year and stayed there the whole time)) anyone else eat LOTS of the campus pizza that you could buy with your meal plan and they would deliver to your room?? i think in my day it was called jacks pizza, but maybe my old brain is just thinking of the stuff in the freezer section)

Comment

Working...
                              X