Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No tailgating this spring

https://gojacks.com/news/2021/2/16/f...-outlined.aspx

Sounds like no tailgating this spring. I totally understand why we wouldn't want tailgating in the pandemic under full fall circumstances, but why arent the same season ticket holders allowed into the game allowed to grill out and have a few, outdoors, in the parking lot beforehand? Just make people entering the lot show their ticket stub for the game if they want to tailgate. If 3000 people can be in the stadium, why can't those same people tailgate in a socially distanced format? You could even continue to use the wristband system to make sure no one is walking around tailgating without having a ticket and let upd do their thing and enforce the rules, which they love to do. Have it so people are only allowed to tailgate in the group they arrived with, just like the stadium "pods".

I dont get this. This feels like one of those things that is just an overreach and makes no logical sense. If people can be in the game, why can't they tailgate? The administration's stance on tailgating is pretty well known, and I feel like this is all from the top, logic be damned.

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

Sounds like no tailgating this spring. I totally understand why we wouldn't want tailgating in the pandemic under full fall circumstances, but why arent the same season ticket holders allowed into the game allowed to grill out and have a few, outdoors, in the parking lot beforehand? Just make people entering the lot show their ticket stub for the game if they want to tailgate. If 3000 people can be in the stadium, why can't those same people tailgate in a socially distanced format? You could even continue to use the wristband system to make sure no one is walking around tailgating without having a ticket and let upd do their thing and enforce the rules, which they love to do. Have it so people are only allowed to tailgate in the group they arrived with, just like the stadium "pods".

I dont get this. This feels like one of those things that is just an overreach and makes no logical sense. If people can be in the game, why can't they tailgate? The administration's stance on tailgating is pretty well known, and I feel like this is all from the top, logic be damned.
    I get all this and feel the same way. But Brookings and SDSU have some of the strictest covid policies in place in the state. I also think NDSU is cancelling tailgating this spring, at least I thought I saw Izzo post that somewhere.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

I agree, but it's just the politically correct thing to do in this COVID world... By all means, tailgating could easily be more spread out and COVID safe than being in the stands for the game.

Comment

It's a risk they are not willing to take. I'm sure they'd love to let people do social-distance tailgating, but they don't want to take the chance of being a super-spreader because some people didn't follow the rules. There is way more for the department to lose than there is to gain with tailgating right now.
        Rollin' in my 5.0
        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

I can't imagine thinking there would be tailgating?

I mean. We're lucky they are playing, to a limited number of fans. Let's not be greedy.

Comment

So instead of tailgating, people will be packing the bars before the game. Theres not much social distancing there.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              So instead of tailgating, people will be packing the bars before the game. Theres not much social distancing there.
              I don't imagine the fans doing that then going over to the game. Also, the bars won't let them pack in with COVID restrictions.
              Rollin' in my 5.0
              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                This is South Dakota State football not Alabama or Oklahoma football...

Comment

[QUOTE=SidelineObserver;n512374]

This is South Dakota State football not Alabama or Oklahoma football...[/QUOTE

Thats true. Brookings probably never packs the bars except Hobo Day. Cubbys has been pretty full before Saturday basketball games. Im not sure what Brookings restrictions are now but Cubbys seems pretty much normal now.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

I get all this and feel the same way. But Brookings and SDSU have some of the strictest covid policies in place in the state. I also think NDSU is cancelling tailgating this spring, at least I thought I saw Izzo post that somewhere.
                    There you go! I think that is a smart choice. I donated my season ticket. Maybe by fall we will be back to normal. I need all the deductions I can get to make the Long Form fly. Looking good for a refund. Football in February does sound right, but then who am I to say anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X