2021 FCS Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 FCS Predictions

FCS: Top 10 Way-Too-Early Favorites To Win The 2021 Spring FCS National Title – HERO Sports News

Thats a pretty fair article. I know it was just one game in a weird fall, and it was the first game of that weird season for NDSU. But they looked pretty bad against a decent Central Arkansas team. I know better by now to think that means that they will have a down year, but between their performance and the departures of three big guys, I could see them dropping a couple of games in conference. And given that the field is going to be tight this year, going 6-2 in the Valley might not cut it. There are only going to be 5 at large berths this year since the fricken MEAC conveniently decided they want to participate, so its going to be hard to spread those 5 bids around between the Big Sky, Valley, and CAA. Each will get an at large for sure, but im not sure how many, if any will get two. And the Big Sky, with their unbalanced schedule, is going to have a few teams with good records.

Im not sure how I feel about the Jacks heading in to this season. They showed flashes last year and the defense was leaps and bounds better than previous years. But the turnover problem was uncharacteristic, and obviously injuries played a part of that. Last years team felt like a team that couldn't turn the corner, in large part due to injuries. We need a couple of pass catchers to step up in a big way and to quit putting the ball on the turf, and we might then be in good shape. Trips to Fargo, Cedar Falls, Carbondale, and Grand Forks will be the toughest games. Going undefeated at home should pend on the YSU game. No ISUr this season. I think the championship will be decided the last game of the season at UNI. That game is guaranteed to either have a head to head bearing in the final first place standing, or the tie breaker with NDSU/ISUr. Need to go at least 7-1 to feel comfortable making the field. After that, maybe we can hope for one of those May blizzards during home field in the playoffs on the road to Frisco.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
      Thats a pretty fair article. I know it was just one game in a weird fall, and it was the first game of that weird season for NDSU. But they looked pretty bad against a decent Central Arkansas team. I know better by now to think that means that they will have a down year, but between their performance and the departures of three big guys, I could see them dropping a couple of games in conference. And given that the field is going to be tight this year, going 6-2 in the Valley might not cut it. There are only going to be 5 at large berths this year since the fricken MEAC conveniently decided they want to participate, so its going to be hard to spread those 5 bids around between the Big Sky, Valley, and CAA. Each will get an at large for sure, but im not sure how many, if any will get two. And the Big Sky, with their unbalanced schedule, is going to have a few teams with good records.

Im not sure how I feel about the Jacks heading in to this season. They showed flashes last year and the defense was leaps and bounds better than previous years. But the turnover problem was uncharacteristic, and obviously injuries played a part of that. Last years team felt like a team that couldn't turn the corner, in large part due to injuries. We need a couple of pass catchers to step up in a big way and to quit putting the ball on the turf, and we might then be in good shape. Trips to Fargo, Cedar Falls, Carbondale, and Grand Forks will be the toughest games. Going undefeated at home should pend on the YSU game. No ISUr this season. I think the championship will be decided the last game of the season at UNI. That game is guaranteed to either have a head to head bearing in the final first place standing, or the tie breaker with NDSU/ISUr. Need to go at least 7-1 to feel comfortable making the field. After that, maybe we can hope for one of those May blizzards during home field in the playoffs on the road to Frisco.
      Bison will also be down an OL coach

Comment

https://www.kulr8.com/bozeman/univer...2032c5146.html

Along with ISUb not playing, I don't think we're going to play football this spring.

Comment

Things just got tougher to start with with the UNI game now set for the opener on 2/19, followed by a road trip to UND (unchanged). Looks like the schedule will be set up with tough games in the early weeks and late weeks, with UNI and UND to start, and ISUr and NDSU toward the end. SIU and YSU in March should be winnable games, but not gimme. WIU and USD in early March and mid April, respectively, should be wins. If we drop the opener in Cedar Falls we will have little margin for error the rest of the way. A second loss likely will cost us the post season.

Comment

Working...
          X