Football season ticket optiond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Jacks play 2 of the last 3 games in domes. Would have been nice to switch one of those for one of the 3 March home games.
    Wonder how amenable UNI would've been to having Jacks go there 3/20. Their current schedule has them facing Bison and Jacks consecutively to end season

Comment

Given that the Spring playoff field is going to be reduced to 16 teams and the ridiculous timing of the MEAC deciding to claim an autobid, there will be only 5 at large slots across the nation to complete the field this spring. If we don't win the conference autobid, we will have a very narrow margin of error to still make the field. With 5 slots, it would be logical to assume that the MVFC/CAA/Big Sky claim all the available at large slots, but strange things have happened in the past with at large selections. And it will be difficult to leave out a 7-1 Big Sky team, of which there could be three or four different teams with that record due to unbalanced schedules.

To make the spring 2021 field, the Jacks need to win the autobid. Anything less will put us in jeopardy of missing the field for the first time since 2011. A second place finish is probably dafe, but if its a 6-2 record without a signature win, some 7-1. Big Sky/CAA teams might have a strong case to be selected over us. 3rd place finish is very unlikely to make the cut.

Looking at our schedule, we start out with two decently tough road games, @ SIU and @UND. SIU was playoff snub last year, and UND played a good game in the first round down at Nicholls. Those aren't easy games and will be a good test for us to see what progress we've made in the off season..

Then the home stretch of YSU, WIU, and ISUb. Outsode of the potential for harsh weather changing things, I don't see a loss there, with the possible exception of YSU. They had us beat last year until our comeback in the second half. I like our chances at home, but it isnt a gimme.

At NDSU will of course be the big one. But this spring might be very different animal. Will the FFD still have a limited capacity? Will Trey Lance even be playing? I'm sure Zeb is a capable QB, but it is obviously different without #5 in the backfield. Any other year, you'd figure this will be our toughest game, but im not sure if it is this year.

Home vs USD will be an interesting. Who knows what tupe of crowd we can have, but 4/10 might be pleasant weather. The Yotes had a young O line last year, so look for them to take a step forward. But im not sure that any other position group will be noticeably improved over 2019. Factor in the revenge factor, and this should be a solid W.

At UNI. This is the big one to me. We can't drop both NDSU and UNI and expect to make the postseason. I think we were the better team last year both times we played, but our inability to take care of the ball cost us the second time around. We typically don't play well in Cedar Falls, bit we have won there a couple times this decade. With Gibbs healthy and better ball security, I think we can win this one. But I think this one might be tougher than the game in Fargo if Trey Lance doesn't play.

I hate that in this season of a limited field and only an 8 game schedule we have to play @Fargo and @Cedar Falls. Funky things tend to happen to us in Carbondale as well, and our last trip to Grand Forks almost ended in disaster after a great first half.

If we are undefeated going into the NDSU game, we have to go 2-1 in that stretch to feel good about the playoffs. If we have a loss coming into the NDSU game, we pretty much have to win out.

Itll be a weird season, but of we can improve in ball security and our offense can take a step forward, i see ro reason to believe we can't make a postseason run in May.

There won't be any bye weeks for top seeds this spring, but home games will still be hugely important. And hey, maybe having playoff games in May will finally give us the type of crowd for a quarterfinal game that this team deserves... Or it'll be a spring blizzard because God hates us.

Comment

Working...
      X