Football season ticket optiond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football season ticket optiond

I received a phone message from the SDSU ticket office wanting to discuss my options for this season. It appears that they are planning for a spring season. I have club seats, which include a dining and beverage benefit. Has anyone had a conversation with the ticket office? What options did they offer? Would like to have some info before I return the call. Thank you

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
    I received a phone message from the SDSU ticket office wanting to discuss my options for this season. It appears that they are planning for a spring season. I have club seats, which include a dining and beverage benefit. Has anyone had a conversation with the ticket office? What options did they offer? Would like to have some info before I return the call. Thank you
    Yes I have had conversations about the upcoming spring season. In another thread I mentioned tuning in the Jackrabbit Round up a zoom product mastered by Andi Fioberg the Alumi assocation director. She had Coach Stig as her guest. Stig said that the home crowd would be limited to 7500 that was the big item mentioned. The conference people are trying to set the schedule so that the conference members who play outside do not have home games early,

Since I am pushing 80 years old, I do not think it is a good idea to attend football games in a blizzard. So I am opting to donate my club ticket to the Athletic Director's fund and claim a $750 deduction on Schedule A. You may not do your taxes using a long form, and this option may not work. I suspect those in club seating will be among the 7500 allowed at the games. It seems to be a very individual choice. Guessing you are younger than 50, it might work out for you to attend the spring schedule.

Comment

I have not received a call yet for my season tickets but I have heard it is use your tickets for spring or else we can move that to next seasons payment, refund or like Nidaros mentioned donate it. I think you should just give them a call if they called you though, they won't bite, I think they are just trying to be helpful right now...

Comment

Thanks. I did call them and the options are : donate the dollars to the university, use the tickets for the proposed spring season of 8 games. The early 4 would be in domed stadiums with the later 4 at home (if this option is selected there is the probability of a reduced price due to 4 games vs 6. - the credited amount would be applied to next year), a deferal to apply 2020 tickets to 2021, a full refund. Obviously all is still up in the air. If a spring season is held only current season ticket holders would be able to purchase single game tickets. Being in my mid 70’s I will probably defer to next year and buy single game tickets if the “virus” and the weather permit.

Comment

I have a feeling I will not get to a game this spring season. While I am young and able to attend, I do not have any priority points. This season would have only been my second as a season ticket holder. I'm sure 7500 people will be in line before I or my friends get a sniff of a game. Hoping it gets to happen and that those able to attend enjoy in a safe manner! Make 7500 sound like 20000 every game!
          Rollin' in my 5.0
          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
            I have a feeling I will not get to a game this spring season. While I am young and able to attend, I do not have any priority points. This season would have only been my second as a season ticket holder. I'm sure 7500 people will be in line before I or my friends get a sniff of a game. Hoping it gets to happen and that those able to attend enjoy in a safe manner! Make 7500 sound like 20000 every game!
            If I could do it, I would lend you some priority points. I got more than what I know what to with. I had thought of putting them up on the Block at the spring Auction, but I am not sure admin will allow. Most likely not. For old guys like myself, it would be a way to raise some funds and help some upcoming fan get a better stadium seat.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
              I wonder how many season tickets are actually sold. Does anyone have a number on that?

Comment

We do know club, loge, suite seating are under 10 yr commitments for season tickets and the bleachers on the 40,50,40 yard are season tickets on both sides of field I suspect. I also suspect the 7500 is COVID precaution number and not season tickets sold. This number is no doubt classified and we have to “a need to know” before It is disclosed . It could be 7500, which would be great. With each season that ends in playoffs, they should promote additional sales and tell us how many are still available. The marketing so far leaves great deal to be desired.

Comment

As someone in the agronomy world spring is crazy busy and I will 0% chance i will be able to attend a game in april and may so I don't have a clue what I will do.
                  Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    We do know club, loge, suite seating are under 10 yr commitments for season tickets and the bleachers on the 40,50,40 yard are season tickets on both sides of field I suspect. I also suspect the 7500 is COVID precaution number and not season tickets sold. This number is no doubt classified and we have to “a need to know” before It is disclosed . It could be 7500, which would be great. With each season that ends in playoffs, they should promote additional sales and tell us how many are still available. The marketing so far leaves great deal to be desired.
                    They've released the information in the past, but I agree that 7,500 is unlikely to represent season tickets sold. I'd estimate it's between 3,000 and 4,500

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

They've released the information in the past, but I agree that 7,500 is unlikely to represent season tickets sold. I'd estimate it's between 3,000 and 4,500
                      Your Dailey Republic is a pain in the arse. I can not get in to read the article you referenced. I think 4500 might be on the high side.
                      Last edited by Nidaros; 09-19-2020, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

Your Dailey Republic is a pain in the arse. I can not get in to read the article you referenced. I think 4500 might be on the high side.
                        Haha, I think it's a bit ridiculous that was the sole source I could find. The article indicates the Jacks sold 2,610 football season tickets as of 5/2/12, which exceeded the 2011 record of 2,583.

Relatedly, if you have a Google login, you can use those credentials to access much of the Inforum content like that article.

Comment

https://sdsucollegian.com/20671/sports/20671/
                          “Of the 20 seniors, one guy entered the transfer portal, three guys opted out, one tore his Achilles, two said they’ll play in the spring and then are done and the final 13 said they’ll play in the spring and the fall,” Stiegelmeier said.

We all know Cade Johnson entered the transfer portal (he has since tweeted out he will not play in the Spring but might play football next fall; team TBD). I wonder who the 3 that opted out of the current season.

Comment

The spring schedule has been announced:
                            2/20 @ So. illinois, 2/27 @ No Dakota
                            3/6 Bye, 3/13 Youngstown State (H),3/20 W. Illinois (H),3/27 Indiana St (H)
                            4/3 @ NDSU,4/10 USD (H) 4/17 @ UNI. Interesting to note that the bye week is the Summit League BB tournament. USD will play Thursday of that week and will also have the weekend off.

Comment

The spring schedule has been announced:
                              2/20 @ So. illinois, 2/27 @ No Dakota
                              3/6 Bye, 3/13 Youngstown State (H),3/20 W. Illinois (H),3/27 Indiana St (H)
                              4/3 @ NDSU,4/10 USD (H) 4/17 @ UNI. Interesting to note that the bye week is the Summit League BB tournament. USD will play Thursday of that week and will also have the weekend off.
                              Jacks play 2 of the last 3 games in domes. Would have been nice to switch one of those for one of the 3 March home games.

Comment

Working...
                              X