Predictions for NWMSU vs SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Predictions for NWMSU vs SDSU

Was at the game. It was exciting and NWMSU is still a great program.  I don't know if this win is in the same class as the 1935 win over the Badgers, but it is close and equal to the wins over UNI in 1963 to win the NCC. Heard that one on the radio, but was big too.

I think Karl Ballard the new defensive coordinator deserves a great deal of credit. Doug McFadden the new secondary coach played against the NWMSU when he was at Southwest Baptist who literally were clobbered every time they played NWMSU. I dont know what his contribution to the game plan was but he can coach too.  If Tim Steinbach, Ballard and McFadden can continue working together on Defense, we should win many games this year.

Winona is not a patsy, but its enough to make me want to drive to Rochester on Friday night and finish the trip to Winona the next day.

Comment

As we say in Kansas City nowadays, you gotta BELIEVE!

I'm not so sure that the D1 announcement wasn't a big factor not only in the size of the crowd but the inspired play of the Jacks, especially on defense. To some extent, if you think you're a D1 player, you ARE a D1 player.

SDSU's players are now D1. They're going to have that extra chip on their shoulder all year long. Which is good, because everyone they play is going to give them their best shot.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

filbert
        I agree totally with what you just posted.  Also I am anxious to see what kind of football recruits show up with the February, 2004 annoncement of letter of intents. I would look for more players from Nebraska and Omaha-Lincoln area in particular.  USD and UNO are most of the head to head competition in this area, and while being D2 we often did win out.  What I sense about  Nebraska high school kids, is if they can't walk on at UNL, they will definitely consider a D1AA opportunity before staying home an playing at UNO or another D2 school.

Hopefully following football will become more exciting than basketball.  I would like to see that happen.

Comment

filbert/SDSUfan,
          It's ironic you posted that response stating that the play of the Jacks on Saturday was due in part to attitude and maybe a "chip' on their shoulders. I was thinking the same thing during the goal line stand. It just seemed like they were playing a very "inspired" game and I cant help thinking that they had the D1 mentality going, saying no D2 school is coming into our place and beating us. I think the same can be said for NDSU's win at Montana. They went in there with a D1 program and carried the attitude that went with it.

Comment

Working...
          X