USD and Augustana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD and Augustana

I think the Jacks will dominate our instate rivals this year. Too bad I will miss the Augie game in Brookings as I hope to be in Orlando watching the mens basketball. I will not miss going to the Dome as I think it is a horrible venue for sports. I do hope State plays future games at both Howard Wood and the Arena against D1 opponents.

Comment

Here is the sad story of the Vikings and how they almost lost to a D III

school.http://www.argusleader.com/sports/Sundayfeature.shtml

USD of course did lose to a D III School.  Maybe they should look into moving down.  Think of all the money they could save without any scholarships.  

Go SDSU!

P.S. Nice Crowd Augie.

Comment

I often just read this stuff, but as a native Wisconsin I do have to comment here. I love the Jacks as much as the rest of you, but I believe I might have a little better handle on this Wisconsin Conference than the rest of you you guys. I would compare these schools to Mankato, USD, Duluth, Augie, Winona, and Concordia St Paul. They would not be in the top tier of D2, but they are much better than some D2 conferences out there . THese schools get a bunch of transfers from D1 and D1AA schools. I know Stout's running back was a scholarship kid for the Badgers. I am all for knocking USD and Augustana, but take it easy on my Wisconsin boys. They aren't what you are making them out to be.

Comment

Wisconsin Jack:
          If you are for real that is a SDSU alum or fan, how about signing in as a member. We seem to have guests that come here take a shot at what has been posted and then leave. Kind makes you wonder if we dont have some USD and Augie fans who are working under cover.

Yes the Wisconsin league has its high moments, and yes who does not get D1 transfers even a Badger. Sometimes the Badgers recruit the wrong people too, so I dont think they are D2. They are D3 and USD should not have lost. End of conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinJack
            I often just read this stuff, but as a native Wisconsin I do have to comment here.  I love the Jacks as much as the rest of you, but I believe I might have a little better handle on this Wisconsin Conference than the rest of you you guys.  I would compare these schools to Mankato, USD, Duluth, Augie, Winona, and Concordia St Paul.  They would not be in the top tier of D2, but they are much better than some D2 conferences out there .  THese schools get a bunch of transfers from D1 and D1AA schools.  I know Stout's running back was a scholarship kid for the Badgers.  I am all for knocking USD and Augustana, but take it easy on my Wisconsin boys.  They aren't what you are making them out to be.
            SDSUFAN does make a good point, please take the time to register, otherwise your post is subject to suspicion.  Beyond that my question to you is what did we make your Wisconsin boys out to be.  I said they are NCAA D-III non-scholarship schools.  I think my characterization is 100% on.  I also think that USD and Augie should beat them fairly easily or they are wasting their money on scholarships (NCAA D III Scholarships 0, NCAA D II 36, NCAA I AA 63).  

Not a knock on the Wisconsin schools, quite the contrary that is a huge upset, and hats off to them.  Key word here is upset.  USD should have won and Augie shouldn't have had such a hard time.  For that matter both schools should have scheduled tougher competition, might have helped attendance at Howard Wood on Saturday.  This is especially true of USD who's fans had been making noise about the Coyotes not being ranked.    

WisconsinJack, if you are a rabbit fan please register and stop back again.  If you are a closet USD or Augie fan, come out.  You can play on our board, its ok.  Just register and tell us who you really are.  Take the bag off your face.  We will only make fun of you a little.  We know that not everyone can be Jackrabbits!   :'(

SDSU, the Biggest and the Best!   8)  Go State!

Comment

Before moving to Texas I lived in Madison, WI for 4 years, and caught a number of the Wisconsin D3 conf. games. They are a fine D3 conf. but have no place in the NCC. I saw SDSU play WI-Stout maybe 5 years ago to open the season, and I think the score was 52-3 or something like that. Not to offend you, but if a NCC team doesnt beat anyone in that confrence by at least 3 touchdowns they should hang their head in shame.

Comment

USD got shut out by UNO 34-0.

Go State!

Comment

UND 13 Augie 3

Go State!

Comment

On another board(D2football.com) a Coyote fan was very optimistic after USD upset UMDuluth. It look like a quality win until Northern spanked Duluth about 40 points this week end. What a joke. Northern may be for real after upsetting Augie in the first game and now Duluth.

Comment

Working...
                    X