Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND GAME

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
    I realize this post is late-I just returned from SD today and was at the game on Saturday-We went from dominating 2 3/4 quarters and then totally went in the tank. That was the most disapointing loss in my recent memory. But on a positive note, I had a good meeting yesterday with Dr. Oien and Keith Mahlum. Its exciting to hear all of the plans for the future... I'll elaboate later. and the tailgaiting before the game was a blast. very cool and well worth it. Jacks fans can tailgate with the best of them.
    Texas Jack Fan;

I glad you took the time to visit with Fred and Keith. They will give you as straight of an answer as they can.

When I spoke with Fred briefly at the tailgate, he did mention the Georgia Southern possiblity. I may not have been listening, but it sounded like the contract was still in progress so this is good news that is finalized.  Glad to see we are also getting UNI back on the schedule.  

I am old enough to remember UNI as Iowa State Teachers College and a NCC member, and they had an SDSU football legend from the 1920,s Buck Starbeck coaching them up until 1955 I believe before he died of a coronary.  They were tough in the 1940's through the time we stopped playing them in the late 1970's so that will be a great match up again.

A number of the Gateway members had Drake on their schedule and I sure they would rather have SDSU or NDSU than a non-scholarship Drake program.

I may even head south for the GSU game. It seems scary but we may match up better than what  I currently think.

Comment

Re: UND GAME

Even if we don't match up well are first season in I-AA (won't have our full compliment of scholarships in place yet) it would be a great game to see.  GSU is a truly great program (I-AA National Champions in 1985, 86, 89, 90, 99, and 2000) and a great measuring stick. Savana or Atlanta are pretty easy to get in and out of, with a short car ride.   It would be fun to be a part of this first big match up.  The really cool part is having them come to our place the next year.  I am getting all fired up just thinking about it.  

Go SDSU!  

Comment

Working...
      X