USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD

Yes I was at the game. We played well enough to win. To USD's credit our passing game was kept in check for the rest of the games after picking up those two early scores.

USD in some ways is not a bad football team. Their secondary is young and our running backs are young.

Stepan Logan is an amazing running back. The Volente USD newspaper said he was 22 but apparently has not used any of his college eligibilty. For a little guy, he is quick and smart. I really wonder where he played before he came to USD. I can't see him as a true freshman.

I do give him credit though for playing with heart and not giving up. Our guys hit him hard on the tackles, but he kind of gets up and clicks his heels and heads for the huddle.

Its like he has been playing a lot of football for the past four years, but where? The Volente article states he played one year of high school ball with 1350 yards of ball. Because he had academic struggles in his sophomore year of high school and spent five years in High School, he could not play his senior year of high school ball. The article says he has not played since 1998, and again you really wonder about that.

He attended Dade County Community College to get his academic records straighten out, but did not play football. The article says Logan sent out video tapes and USD responed to him and invited him to come up and enroll. The kid says he is wants to get a degree at USD, so you have to respect his attitude and heart in playing the game.

SDSU needs to adjust better to blitz's. USD seemed to to do that very well. Nelson had a very hard time finding his open receiver and when he took to much time looking, he usually went down. It appears some adjustments are needed here. The sacks often came from an open line backer crashing through the line with no resistence. It appears we did not matchup very well.
    Well I will leave that one to the coaches to figure out.

It will not get easier as St Cloud has a bunch of sacks against opponents, so I hope we will find some new wringle that will get us a Hobo Day win.

As far as the announcers and the Argus Leader we are the grinch who stole Christmas. Yesterday will shut some of these people up. Maybe not.

Comment

I just wanted to add my two cents worth. Love to beat the Coyotes! So much fun. I am looking forward to Hobo Day.

Comment

The Brookings Register reported that Rodney Francois is the NCC Defensive Player of the week with 8 tackles, including 2 sacks and 3 forced fumbles. They said he was a D-Lineman, but he is a LB right? Great job Rodney!

Comment

Yes I too am happy for Rodney, who came to Brookings from Florida on a bus about 4 years ago. He is kind of injury prone, but this year he has stepped on D. He made at least two of those fumbles to happen last Saturday. Definitely a good athlete and wished he had another season or two after this one.

Comment

Rodney also got honorable mention on D2 football. Here is the link:

http://www.d2football.com/PlayerAwards/index.html

Comment

Working...
            X