Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Day 2003

Originally posted by tony
    I've got to ask this: How in the world did SDSU win this game? SDSU had six turnovers to SCSU's ZERO. Holy cow.
    I believe there were six turnovers total. SDSU 4 fumbles and SCSU 2 Int. Still very tough to win when you lose the turnover battle.

Go SDSU!

Comment

Originally posted by RunninRabbit
      Hey I have a topic of discussion for you all.  What did everyone think of the throwback yellow pants.  I think those qualify as "old school".  It was an interesting touch but some of them looked pretty faded.  I think they use them for practice pants.

~Also, I have a huge announcement coming soon. Hopefully within the next week.

RR
      RR:
      You got us going now and I would not object to a hint either.
      As far as the mention of the yellow pants, it gives me a chance to promote the book that is hot off the Press and authored by Amy Dunkle and VJ Smith. "College on the Hill.  
      In fact they have a chapter call "Yellow Silk Pants" and it concerns the 1935 team that beat the Badgers. Charles Coughlin, I believe 1907 grad and gridder was CEO of Briggs & Stratton at the time they played Wisconsin.  Before the game he gave one hell of pep talk and after the game he told the coach to order a new set of silk pants and send me the bill.  Thats what happened. Charles Coughlin is the guy who gave us the Campanile and also was a major contributor for Coughlin Alumni Staduim.  There is a chapter on the Staduim for State. I recommend that chapter for those born after 1962.  It will help explain why our facility is not the best today.

I would not be surprised that those yellow pants came out of the practice bin or even out of moth balls. Since Stig has been head coach, they have worn blue pants.
      In fact the yellow pants began with the Mike Daly era. Mike I think felt SDSU had a complex about beating the NDSU Bison who have worn gold pants for a long time.
      I kind of think he wanted find a way to build confidence. I believe before that we have either had white or blue or a combination. Yellow pants have not been the dominate color.

Comment

Originally posted by RunninRabbit
        Hey I have a topic of discussion for you all.  What did everyone think of the throwback yellow pants.  I think those qualify as "old school".  It was an interesting touch but some of them looked pretty faded.  I think they use them for practice pants.

~Also, I have a huge announcement coming soon. Hopefully within the next week.

RR
        Hey RR,

Is it time to make the huge announcement? Still very curious.

Go Blue!

Comment

Working...
        X