Clear All

Re: USD Fires Head Football Coach

Originally posted by RunninRabbit
    Aww, Austin was fired.
    *evil laugh*
    Hahahahahahaha...muhuhahahahahaha.  ha

Okay, sorry about that.  I'm done.  

Wasn't a big fan of his.
    This is my first chance to comment on this thread since I have been traveling all this week.  Years ago, I met John Austin since he dated my niece who attended Watertown High School at the same time.  My niece was killed in auto accident in 1975 while a student at SDSU. John has kept in touch with my sister over the years with Christmas cards etc,  so he is not really a bad guy and as a person I still respect him.  I do wish the best for him and his family in the future where ever that may lead him.

Was he good head coach at USD?  No. Its hard to defend his record and as Coach Austin stated, the roof rebuild was a distraction but should not be an excuse.

I like some of the recent changes that are happening at USD. Jim Abbott, the President, is not a fool and I think he does not want to fall behind SDSU.  With a new coach and new AD, possibly we could see USD moving up to D1AA in 5 to 15 years.  Its what Greg Redlin said about about leadership that really matters. Resources and increased budgets can be brought to new levels and that where Nielsen will have to step up to the plate.

I sure Stig is going to feel more pressure next season and through remaining transition period.  I hope he can take us to a new level at D1AA. If not I am sure a change will be made.

Comment

Working...
    X