2004 and 2005 Football Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2004 and 2005 Football Schedules

Your right. The SDSU game with Southern Utah is now listed on the football schedule on Southern Utah's home page.

http://www.suu.edu/athletics/football/schedule.html

This gives us a good schedule. Another home game would be make it great. Hopefully something will come along against a D-IIA team for the September 25th open date.

Comment

I am confident we can find another home game, I'm looking at it as a bonus game. It may be against a smaller school, thats ok with me. I saw NDSU has Montana Tech. on their schedule. SDSU is playing a very tough schedule this year, a schedule filler might actually be nice. A schedule like ours during our transition year is awesome- Fred and Stig did a great job.

Comment

They did an excellent job with the schedule. Any word on the date for HOBO days??

Comment

Regardless of who fills the 2004 schedule, the whole thing is going to be new and exciting. Now, this will be tough for FES people but we will discover there are schools past Colorado. This is what college athletics is all about.

Comment

The FES Society can continue to live in the past while the rest of us enjoy the exciting ride into DI athletics. I don't think Hobo Day should be against NDSU as that game will be huge anyway. I hope we can find a DIAA team that will travel to Brookings so we can showcase the new level of competition that we are in store for.

Comment

Looks like we are still looking for two games.  According to the Collegian Hobo day is Oct. 23rd.  However that is the day that we are playing Montana St. at their place.  To me it looks like NDSU on the 9th (because it is our only Home game in Oct.) unless we pick up a game on the 16th.

http://www.sdsucollegian.com/news/20...m-642220.shtml

Great West Loses Team
              By Adam Zobel
              Published: Tuesday, March 23, 2004
              Article Tools: Page 1 of 1

The Great West Football Conference, the recently-announced Division I-AA football-only league that SDSU joined last month, lost one of its members March 3 when St. Mary's College announced that it was immediately discontinuing its football program for financial and competitive reasons.

The California school had been scheduled to play SDSU in Moraga, Calif., on Oct. 2.

The elimination of the school from the schedule leaves the Jacks with nine games set for the 2004 gridiron season.

Two matchups, including the annual Hobo Day game on Oct. 23, are still to be determined.

The schedule change may, however, allow SDSU to schedule a game with fellow conference member Southern Utah. . . .

http://greatwestfootball.ocsn.com/sc...fc-scheds.html

2004 South Dakota State Football Schedule
              Date Opponent Time
              Sept. 4 at UC Davis* 6 p.m. (PT)
              Sept. 11 WINONA STATE 7 p.m.
              Sept. 18 WESTERN OREGON 7 p.m.
              Sept. 25 TBA TBA
              Oct. 2 at Cal Poly* 6 p.m. (PT)
              Oct. 9 NORTH DAKOTA STATE* TBA
              Oct. 23 at Montana State TBA
              Oct. 30 at Georgia Southern TBA
              Nov. 6 AUGUSTANA 1 p.m.
              Nov. 13 at Southern Utah* TBA
              Nov. 20 at Northern Colorado* Noon (MT)
              * - indicates Great West Football Game
              All Times Local

Either way I will be there.  Can't wait for our first Hobo Day as a I-AA!  

Go State!

Comment

The Great West home page schedule has our updated schedule. Southern Utah is on Nov 13, Montana State and Caly Poly on Oct 23 and 2nd. September 25th is listed as TBA. The site address is listed below.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74
                  The Great West home page schedule has our updated schedule.  Southern Utah is on Nov 13, Montana State and Caly Poly on Oct 23 and 2nd. September 25th is listed as TBA.   The site address is listed below.

It would seem to me (and that means nothing) that the Oct 9th game with NDSU would be an excellent one for Hobo Day. Perhaps, the thinking is that the crowd will be good for the NDSU game no matter what and they want to place more signifigance on a different opponent to increase attendance at that game. Unfortunately the only options are the Sept 25th date (TBA), Oct 16th (which they wanted to leave open), and Nov 6th with Augie (not a real option). Sept 25th seems early but if we could get a game with a DI-AA opponent in Brookings that day, it should be Hobo Day. Probably not realistic, but there is always hope.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It's my understanding that the athletic department is in conversation with a few schools concerning the September 25 date. If filled, the date would most likely become Hobo Day. I believe the October 9 game with NDSU will be Beef Bowl, another great day on our campus. In fact, Beef Bowl smells better than Hobo Day but you don't get a parade.

Comment

It would be a great if NDSU played SDSU on Hobo Day, the crowd would be huge and two starters on the offensive line for NDSU are from the brookings area(popowski and buckwalter).

Comment

I would like to see the NDSU game be the Beef Bowl. There's always a great amount of alumni that return for that one. It'd be nice to bring in a D1AA opponent for Hobo Day.

Comment

From what i have heard the Sept. 18th game is going to be the beef bowl and then hobo days on Oct. 9. However, this all changes if find a home game for Sept. 25. Then it would be more realistic of a possibility having hobo day on Sept. 25. However, it always seems the beef bowl is before Hobo Days (am i wrong?) and the date of october 9 seems about perfect for Hobo days no matter who we are playing.
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Perhaps the land grant roots of both NDSU and SDSU has something to do with the Beef Bowl "fit" on that particular day. I'm not sure.

Comment

I for one am good with a Sept. 25th Hobo Day game. We knew going into this D-I move that some things were going to change. My guess is that in 2005 you will see Hobo Day move back to Oct. this year was just a little bump in the road due to scheduling.

Next year we should have home games against either Montana St. or Georgia Southern that could serve as Hobo Day! ;D Alumguy any hint as to who we are talking to for the Sept. 25th date? Do you know if we are talking with I-AA schools or D-II schools to fill the date? No matter who we play, no matter when we play I will be a Coughlin for Hobo Day!

Go State!

Comment

It would have been nice to have Hobo Day on Sept 25th against a DIAA opponent and introduce the big crowd to a new opponent and brand of competition. I understand the need to move forward if an opponent has not been found (most likely DII). The Augie crowds in recent years have been dissapointing based on their lackluster teams and too few Augie traveling to Brookings. I think making the game Hobo Day will bring a lot of excitement with an old familiar instate opponent. Pressure will be on for us to play well and even though the increase in scholarships and upgrade in talent has not really kicked in we will be expected to win and win big. Anything short of that whether it's fair or not will give the naysayers plent to chirp about. Any word on possibilites for a game on Sept 25th as its getting late to find an opponent. Hopefully some upgrades to Coughlin will be made by the time many of the DIAA teams begin coming to Brookings in 2005.

Comment

Working...
                                X