Georgia Southern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Georgia Southern

Here is a preview story about our friends the GSU Eagles from the Savannah paper.

http://savannahnow.com/stories/080104/2343201.shtml

What's in store for GSU football this season?

Five reasons why the Eagles should be back at the top of Division I-AA... ...and five reasons why you better not make reservations for Chattanooga just yet

Donald Heath
    donald.heath@savannahnow.com

STATESBORO - If you've been a Georgia Southern football fan the last five years, you've seen your share of good times.

Fifty-six wins.

Four trips to the Division I-AA semifinals.

Two national championships.  .  .  .

GSU entered the 2003 season ranked No. 2 in the I-AA polls. But a disappointing 7-4 year followed.

"Because of the high expectations and tradition of our program, many people still think and will probably refer to last year as a losing season at Georgia Southern despite our 7-4 record," said Eagles coach Mike Sewak. . . .

So do you see the Eagles returning to their winning ways of yesteryear?

Or was 7-4 just the beginning of the slide?

An unpredictable 2004 season for GSU is only five weeks away.

Here are five reasons why another championship flag could be hoisted over Paulson Stadium after a turnaround season and another magical run in late November and December.

And five reasons why an uninterrupted Thanksgiving and Christmas shouldn't surprise you. . . .

Our game with GSU should test the Jackrabbits as we ascend to D-I/I-AA. Kudos to Dr. Oien, Coach Stig and everyone involved with getting such a high profile program on our schedule for the next two seasons. Can't wait for the Eagles to come visit us at Coughlin-Alumni! ;D

Go State! 8)

Comment

Working...
    X