argus leader coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: argus leader coverage

Now that you mentioned it I noticed that a bunch of seniors had "Undecided" listed for their major last year in the media guide and programs. That's just one of those little -attention to detail- things that really shouldn't happen.

Any coach or player will tell you that image doesn't matter, only winning. I think a D1 program needs a D1 image to succeed an get the recruits it needs.

I don't mean to be hard on them because huge strides have been made in the past 6 years or so but I still think there's a lot of fine tuning that needs to be made.

Comment

Re: argus leader coverage

For those of you out of the Sioux Falls and SD area, I printed off the pdf of the insert into the print edition to see how it appeared. USD's South Dakota's team ad appears on the front page, but if you consider the total print of both articles, it would appear SDSU has gotten increased coverage. I think the Argus could not ignore the new ad program at USD and it kind of gives the reader a better understanding of the USD article.

I think its a transition period for the media as well as the football team. When the past legacy has been to split coverage 4 ways, USD, SDSU, Augustana and USF, trying to move away from that position is going to take some time.

That said, SDSU needs to earn the extra coverage by being sucessful on the field. I would like to see SDSU come with an ad program too, but as we all know, scholies are the big priorty.

Comment

Working...
      X